ADVERTISEMENT

Way-Too-Early Election Predictions

Sometimes goat...you get what you give. I generally treat others here as I am treated, that has been a constant with me for 25 years on these boards.

The campaign is grueling and I suspect will be even with the amended covid-related processes we will see. Trump will be all over him, his son and god only knows what else they dig up (true or untrue). The POTUS job is even worse. 7 days a week. The stressors in today's world are brutal. The face to face post-trump repair work that needs to be done is monumental.

There is a pandemic that risks his health every day...mask or no mask.

Biden will be 82? when if he completes a term He has always been a gaffe-machine and a recovering stutterer but his speech patterns, pauses, seeming confusion are more apparent than ever. I don't know the cause of that so don't go cosmickid or Zeke and put words in my keyboard.

Biden was my fourth choice behind Pete, Amy and Tulsi and that was before the covid risks to health. Let alone what we (or he) doesn't yet know

50 - 50...best odds I would give him. The veep choice matters.. a lot.
So, no? No actual justification for that number? Just a gut feeling?

So, no? No actual justification for that number? Just a gut feeling?

Reread and get back to me. Facts, observations, and acknowledgments of unknown age-related issues. It is my opinion based on those things. Certainly more than the "Yabut he is better off than trump" bs cries from the empty barrels here that you appear to have accepted as just fine and dandy.

Be cautious as you are heading down a hypocrite path quickly. Govern yourself accordingly.

Reread and get back to me. Facts, observations, and acknowledgments of unknown age-related issues. It is my opinion based on those things. Certainly more than the "Yabut he is better off than trump" bs cries from the empty barrels here that you appear to have accepted as just fine and dandy.

Be cautious as you are heading down a hypocrite path quickly. Govern yourself accordingly.
I'm just asking how you arrive at a particular number. You've offered no explanation. You've given a list of things that might inform your opinion, but no indication whatsoever how the math works.

Hypocrite? I'm just trying to get an answer from you. Nothing hypocritical about that.

I'm just asking how you arrive at a particular number. You've offered no explanation. You've given a list of things that might inform your opinion, but no indication whatsoever how the math works.

Hypocrite? I'm just trying to get an answer from you. Nothing hypocritical about that.

Odds by definition are rather subjective. I have never said otherwise.

Yes, the fact you accept an empty "yabut" but sob over my explanation because it doesn't fit your narrative is hypocritical as hell.

Wear it.

no, you're just trolling, which is a go to strategy for you way too often, and usually when you have nothing else.

being better than Trump is a legitimate difference.

the better of the horrible is a choice Wall St has imposed on us.

Odds by definition are rather subjective. I have never said otherwise.

Yes, the fact you accept an empty "yabut" but sob over my explanation because it doesn't fit your narrative is hypocritical as hell.

Wear it.
First of all, no, they are not.

Second of all, I'm not sobbing over anything. I'm trying to get a simple answer out of you. I was hoping this would turn into an interesting conversation.

From Healthline:

Alzheimer’s disease
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia. It accounts for 60 to 80 percent of cases. It’s usually a slowly progressing disease. The average person lives four to eight years after receiving the diagnosis. Some people may live as many as 20 years after their diagnosis.

And personal, my sig other just lost her mother to it after a 15 year battle after she was diagnosed. In the end she had to be monitored 24/7.

It's a horrible disease, after witnessing it I'd rather get cancer.

Biden is nowhere near anything like she was, or sadly where Coach Knight is now. He's nowhere near where she was four years ago or where coach knight was four years ago.

If he's showing early signs (and if it's in his family) then those around him and the democratic party would be fools to support him, especially with what, 24 other decent candidates that ran last year?

Sometimes the simple answer is the most likely.
Biden isn't showing any signs of early-onset of Alzheimer's Disease (and I have close personal experience with this medical issue).
This is just a convenient argument from the GOP against a guy who is in advanced years and who has a long history of getting tongue tied. It's easy fodder. Everyone has always known that verbal gaffes are a thing you have to accept with Biden. It's always been that way, and that isn't going to change now. I saw a Trump commercial today playing this idea up. There is no substance to the idea that Biden is suffering from diminishing mental faculties. In fact, in contrast to Trump, there is no comparison - Biden is so much more on top of policy positions and the issues we face as a country - and able to clearly articulate his thoughts about those verbally (in evidence that he even has thoughts about those) - than Trump that it's ludicrous to even have this discussion.

Reactions: TommyCracker

Second of all, I'm not sobbing over anything. I'm trying to get a simple answer out of you. I was hoping this would turn into an interesting conversation.

no, you're still trolling.

you love trolling when you have nothing else.

when that doesn't work, you go personal attack.

Last edited:
Biden isn't showing any signs of early-onset of Alzheimer's Disease (and I have close personal experience with this medical issue).
This is just a convenient argument from the GOP against a guy who is in advanced years and who has a long history of getting tongue tied. It's easy fodder. Everyone has always known that verbal gaffes are a thing you have to accept with Biden. It's always been that way, and that isn't going to change now. I saw a Trump commercial today playing this idea up. There is no substance to the idea that Biden is suffering from diminishing mental faculties. In fact, in contrast to Trump, there is no comparison - Biden is so much more on top of policy positions and the issues we face as a country - and able to clearly articulate his thoughts about those verbally (in evidence that he even has thoughts about those) - than Trump that it's ludicrous to even have this discussion.

Biden's policy positions are whatever Wall St, Comcast, and AT&T, tell him they will be.

and he certainly didn't seem "impaired" when he set up an $80,000 a mo bribe from a Ukraine oil and gas outfit while VP that still would be going on today had it not been outed, or $1.5 bil from China while there representing the US in negotiations as vice president, both laundered through his son who has beyond bizarrely been in witness protection for a yr.

not good when you can't discernibly win the least blatantly corrupt and morally totally bankrupt battle, and Trump is the opponent.

Biden's policy positions are whatever Wall St, Comcast, and AT&T, tell him they will be.

and he certainly didn't seem "impaired" when he set up an $80,000 a mo bribe from a Ukraine oil and gas outfit while VP that still would be going on today had it not been outed, or $1.5 bil from China while there representing the US in negotiations as vice president, both laundered through his son who has beyond bizarrely been in witness protection for a yr.

not good when you can't discernibly win the least blatantly corrupt and morally totally bankrupt battle, and Trump is the opponent.
You got your daily Comcast, ATT, whoever, dig in - I'll give you that. You're nothing if not relentless.

Can't remember where I said it before but this dementia push actually just lowers the bar for Biden, especially at the debates which is what so many Trumpsters are pining their hopes on now.

So I say keep saying it and lower that expectation even more for him.

Lol. ok :

You got your daily Comcast, ATT, whoever, dig in - I'll give you that. You're nothing if not relentless.

i notice you didn't disagree with or try to debate one thing i said. (because you know all i said are absolutely true).

and when the same question keeps being brought up, why would the correct answer not stay the same.

i notice you didn't disagree with or try to debate one thing i said. (because you know all i said are absolutely true).

and when the same question keeps being brought up, why would the correct answer not stay the same.
This is a daily conversation that you (try to) have here. Not interested in rehashing all that over and over and over and over and over and over again...sorry to disappoint...

i notice you didn't disagree with or try to debate one thing i said. (smart, because you know you would have had no case, as all i said are absolutely true).

I'm guessing it's because you rely on conspiracy theories on top of conspiracy theories which can't be proven false in the eye of the conspiracy theorist.

Actually the go to is whatever facts are just part of the theory to fool you into thinking it's false.

That also allows the theorist to blame something nefarious for their failures which makes them 'feel' better.

But I'll play, I think you're giving way to much credit and power to the overall influence of ATT and Comcast much less their evil intent to keep Bernie down.

Reminds me of the Soros conspiracies or Gates conspiracies (or even Fauci conspiracies).

Wall Street is a better boogieman except its kind of the go to boogieman so it's not very original.

I say be patient. Your movement is growing. It's at a critical stage now that Bernie will probably step aside. Will you continue to grow? Gonna need to grow larger than 25% to 30% of the party to take it over and lead it.

You're just not there yet. Sorry man.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
This is a daily conversation that you (try to) have here. Not interested in rehashing all that over and over and over and over and over and over again...sorry to disappoint...

I'm guessing it's because you rely on conspiracy theories on top of conspiracy theories which can't be proven false in the eye of the conspiracy theorist.

Actually the go to is whatever facts are just part of the theory to fool you into thinking it's false.

That also allows the theorist to blame something nefarious for their failures which makes them 'feel' better.

But I'll play, I think you're giving way to much credit and power to the overall influence of ATT and Comcast much less their evil intent to keep Bernie down.

Reminds me of the Soros conspiracies or Gates conspiracies (or even Fauci conspiracies).

Wall Street is a better boogieman except its kind of the go to boogieman so it's not very original.

I say be patient. Your movement is growing. It's at a critical stage now that Bernie will probably step aside. Will you continue to grow? Gonna need to grow larger than 25% to 30% of the party to take it over and lead it.

You're just not there yet. Sorry man.

we've never "hashed" it out in the first place, for the reason everything i said is true, and there is no credible evidence otherwise.

if you think there is, make my day.

both you two are free to give it your best shot.

you don't, because you have nothing, and wish the subject would go away.

both major parties and their puppets and cults have lost all moral compass, defend voter suppression, have zero problem with forcing the opposition to risk life to vote, and gerrymandering, on one side, and hijacking a primary twice on the other to serve only corporate interests over the citizenry, with the nation's top media outlets, (the fourth estate graveyard), not just having their thumbs on the scale, but standing on it with all their weight and power, and literally hiring others to stand on it with them.

neither side defends democracy's ideals for so much as one instant when they fear the numbers aren't on their side.

both organized sides would much rather win lying and cheating and manipulating with all they've got, than lose honestly.

and they don't hesitate to back that total lack of moral compass with action.

thus society as a whole is the big loser, and people increasingly possess lower and lower moral values, because that is what they are now taught all day every day by the nation's highest business, media, and governmental leaders.

we've never "hashed" it out in the first place, for the reason everything i said is true, and there is no credible evidence otherwise.

if you think there is, make my day.

both you two are free to give it your best shot.

you don't, because you have nothing, and wish the subject would go away.

both major parties and their puppets and cults have lost all moral compass, defend voter suppression, have zero problem with forcing the opposition to risk life to vote, and gerrymandering, on one side, and hijacking a primary twice on the other to serve only corporate interests over the citizenry, with the nation's top media outlets, (the fourth estate graveyard), not just having their thumbs on the scale, but standing on it with all their weight and power, and literally hiring others to stand on it with them.

neither side defends democracy's ideals for so much as one instant when they fear the numbers aren't on their side.

both organized sides would much rather win lying and cheating and manipulating with all they've got, than lose honestly.

and they don't hesitate to back that total lack of moral compass with action.

thus society as a whole is the big loser, and people increasingly possess lower and lower moral values, because that is what they are now taught all day every day by the nation's highest business, media, and governmental leaders.

What am I even trying to debate here, that Bernie was treated unfairly by MSNBC and CNN and that's the reason why he's not the nominee?

Stop playing victim, that's Trump's game.

Every candidate thinks they got railroaded by the media. Yang said there was a 'Yang Media Blackout' on him that his followers believed.

As a Pete guy he was constantly dragged by MSNBC's Joy Reid and Jason Johnson for months trying to convince black voters not to support him and then later mocking him for trying.

It's what the media does.

Bernie's issue was always going to be a numbers game. The progressive candidates got around 40% of the votes in general while the mods got 60%.

Bernie's odds were always against him because he wouldn't be able to get the needed delegates. It would have been a brokered convention and the moderates would have finally consolidated.

Nobody wanted that but it was where we were heading.

As said, Pete struggled with African American voters, as does Klobuchar. Biden overwhelmingly brought out AA support, surprising everyone.

Bernie kept saying 'Not only do I have my base but I grew it with tremendous youth support' that didn't turn out to vote.

Everyone knew Biden had the majority of AA support...but they came out in force, topping even Obama.

No democratic candidate could bring that to the table. As a party when going up against a threat like Trump was at the time (don't kid yourself, beating Trump was priority number one with voters) you ride that momentum.

The moderates fell in line and the race was over.

You don't have the numbers....yet.

When progressives make up the majority of the party...then you'll start winning seats, governorships and even president.

Right now the math doesn't work.

Doesn't mean your ideas are wrong, it's just too quick of a shift. That Overton window is a bitch and for as large as you want to expand the govt, that's a tough sell to happen quickly. You need time to expand the base. If you truly have the vote of the youth that's a great step towards doing that.

So I didn't prove shit about your accusations but nothing is going to convince you otherwise.

At the same time, I don't think you can argue the simple math.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
What am I even trying to debate here, that Bernie was treated unfairly by MSNBC and CNN and that's the reason why he's not the nominee?

Every candidate thinks they got railroaded by the media. Yang said there was a 'Yang Media Blackout' on him that his followers believed.

As a Pete guy he was constantly dragged by MSNBC's Joy Reid and Jason Johnson for months trying to convince black voters not to support him and then later mocking him for trying.

Bernie's issue was always going to be a numbers game. The progressive candidates got around 40% of the votes in general while the mods got 60%.

Bernie's odds were always against him because he wouldn't be able to get the needed delegates. It would have been a brokered convention and the moderates would have finally consolidated.

As said, Pete struggled with African American voters, as does Klobuchar. Biden overwhelmingly brought out AA support, surprising everyone.

Bernie kept saying 'Not only do I have my base but I grew it with tremendous youth support' that didn't turn out to vote.

Everyone knew Biden had the majority of AA support...but they came out in force, topping even Obama.

No democratic candidate could bring that to the table. As a party when going up against a threat like Trump was at the time (don't kid yourself, beating Trump was priority number one with voters) you ride that momentum.

When progressives make up the majority of the party...then you'll start winning seats, governorships and even president.

Doesn't mean your ideas are wrong, it's just too quick of a shift. That Overton window is a bitch and for as large as you want to expand the govt, that's a tough sell to happen quickly. You need time to expand the base. If you truly have the vote of the youth that's a great step towards doing that.

So I didn't prove shit about your accusations but nothing is going to convince you otherwise.

He's a tedious, one trick pony.

Of course they are in many contexts. I understand in many they are not (the odds of me rolling a six). LV Books will lay odds on who wins next year's super bowl and that is based on history, observation, what lies ahead and what might happen. (just like my Biden explanation) both are subjective as hell..

I will give you 50 - 50 at this moment.

Oh, and if you wanted to have "an interesting conversation" you have an odd way of showing it.

It appears you are the only one having this discussion. Is that an indicator?

I heard an interesting point the other day, Bernie and Warren led the wrong revolution. People took to the streets in masses to push for a revolution, but neither MFA nor free college ever appeared in those protests. Racial equality is the revolution and neither really targeted that nor sold that they had a solution.

Believe me, after the pandemic I thought MFA would sweep the country. It has not. 500,000 people lost jobs from the pandemic and found ACA plans their best option. Yet our government wants to kill the program and kill their insurance.

I voted Bernie last time, no way that was happening this time. Nothing makes a cause more toxic to me than conspiracy theories.

Reactions: TommyCracker
I heard an interesting point the other day, Bernie and Warren led the wrong revolution. People took to the streets in masses to push for a revolution, but neither MFA nor free college ever appeared in those protests. Racial equality is the revolution and neither really targeted that nor sold that they had a solution.

Believe me, after the pandemic I thought MFA would sweep the country. It has not. 500,000 people lost jobs from the pandemic and found ACA plans their best option. Yet our government wants to kill the program and kill their insurance.

I voted Bernie last time, no way that was happening this time. Nothing makes a cause more toxic to me than conspiracy theories.

That's a great point.

Right now is where the govt needs to expand and swell up to become more of a socialist ideal in times of need, especially when borrowing rates are at zero.

I'm really curious how the social democrats use this opportunity and grow the base as right now we need that kind of government. If they can't then it confirms to me what I think their major issue is....their tact.

If they could find a charismatic, intelligent, empathetic and inclusive leader who more importantly could explain in a comment sense way how we can get there....then I think the progressive party would really take off.

In short they need to find their Reagan.

Instead what my experience has been is an 'I'm right, you're wrong and you're a dumbass and I hope you die you neolib rat!!'

They act like they want to break off from the party vs want to enlighten the party.

The bigger point, to your point, is race relations are a much, much bigger topic on the proverbial list than before...even more than universal health care.

Luckily for Biden he didn't name his VP yet as I thought Klobuchar and Whitmer were way up on the list. Amy would have been an anchor right now as she, I believe had a passive history with Chauvin.

Anyway yeah, we thought the big list was
Healthcare
Gun Control
Climate Change (edited)
Free College
......... Race Relations

Now obviously Race Relations is a much bigger priority than believed.

Seriously are we going to continue having a race riot every two to three years or are we finally going to do something about police brutality?

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT