ADVERTISEMENT

Way-Too-Early Election Predictions

Yup. Biden's campaign motto will be "don't screw the pooch". Trump has jumped the shark and he'll take a bunch of GOP members down with him. It will be ugly for the GOP. As Trump explodes, current Republicans running for office will move away from him. That will just piss Trump off more and he'll attack. Watch for Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and Texas to move to Biden. The Senate will go to a Democratic majority as well. The stain will be on the GOP for years to come.

Biden's strategy is simple: stay upright and say as little as possible for five months.

Trump is polling about where he was at this point in the 16 race. The difference now is that the voters that really don't want to vote for trump have a place to land as opposed to Hillary who did everything she could to shove them back to trump.

The most important aspect of the upcoming Biden presidency is who is Veep because that person is your POTUS before four years are up.

Reactions: MaxCoke
Biden's strategy is simple: stay upright and say as little as possible for five months.

Trump is polling about where he was at this point in the 16 race. The difference now is that the voters that really don't want to vote for trump have a place to land as opposed to Hillary who did everything she could to shove them back to trump.

The most important aspect of the upcoming Biden presidency is who is Veep because that person is your POTUS before four years are up.
The idea that Biden can’t make it four years is silly.

Oh, to be idealistic, young, and stupid again.

1992 Ross Perot Reform Party baby!

I was at IU and thought Ross was going to change the political establisment forever.

Not for sale at any price!!

He did kick Bush Sr in the balls and made the debates of 92 much more entertaining but yeah, he wasn't really a threat and the reform party movement died around six years later.

So much for my political revolution as a young adult.

It is dumb.

It's not like one day you wake up and have dementia. There are early signs and if Biden showed them there's no way in hell those around him would subject him to that, nor the party.

Is Biden old, yes. Is he as sharp as he was twenty years ago...no, not even close.

Does he need to be surrounded by five, familiar faces and walked around, very slowly because he has dementia.

Lol

It is dumb.

It's not like one day you wake up and have dementia. There are early signs and if Biden showed them there's no way in hell those around him would subject him to that, nor the party.

Is Biden old, yes. Is he as sharp as he was twenty years ago...no, not even close.

Does he need to be surrounded by five, familiar faces and walked around, very slowly because he has dementia.

Lol

He looks and sounds like he should be a greeter at Walmart. The VP choice is extremely important for him.

It is dumb.

Lol

Did someone post that? Or did you just make that up?

It is dumb.

Lol

Did you see RMK 4 years ago? He was doing rallies with Trump and seemed great. Fast forward a few years to the Purdue game.

Did you see RMK 4 years ago? He was doing rallies with Trump and seemed great. Fast forward a few years to the Purdue game.
Biden does look and sound like a Walmart greeter. It’s shocking that these two are our choices. That said I’ll take my chances with the people Biden surrounds himself with over kushner and the rest of the family.

Biden does look and sound like a Walmart greeter. It’s shocking that these two are our choices. That said I’ll take my chances with the people Biden surrounds himself with over kushner and the rest of the family.

Not sure Walmart would hire him though. In the COVID era I doubt people would like getting a shoulder massage and kiss on the cheek every time they walk through the door.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It’s total nonsense. COH says in another thread that it’s 50/50 he won’t make it to Election Day. The fact that they have this discussion about Biden, but not Trump when Biden is clearly in much better shape is really just silly.

The fast fall for BK was the last 24 months. I have not heard much about him of late. Hope he is comfortable physically and mentally.

From Healthline:

Alzheimer’s disease
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia. It accounts for 60 to 80 percent of cases. It’s usually a slowly progressing disease. The average person lives four to eight years after receiving the diagnosis. Some people may live as many as 20 years after their diagnosis.

And personal, my sig other just lost her mother to it after a 15 year battle after she was diagnosed. In the end she had to be monitored 24/7.

It's a horrible disease, after witnessing it I'd rather get cancer.

Biden is nowhere near anything like she was, or sadly where Coach Knight is now. He's nowhere near where she was four years ago or where coach knight was four years ago.

If he's showing early signs (and if it's in his family) then those around him and the democratic party would be fools to support him, especially with what, 24 other decent candidates that ran last year?

Sometimes the simple answer is the most likely.

Just for fun.

Biden in a landslide, 400+ electoral votes.

Biden is currently polling ahead in all age groups, most significantly, senior citizens. Covid is hurting him in two blocs especially, the elderly and Latinos, two groups that tend to resist changing their votes. Seniors are by far the most notable because they vote and vote Republican

Police brutality is also affecting Latino vote as they also get brutalized though that’s not prominent in the Black Lives Matter discussion. Blacks are super-mobilized now.

Trump’s mis-calculation to quintuple down on his base will backfire. His base has shrunk to Lucies and COH conservatives. He’s losing the vast majority of independents.

Only thing preventing a landslide now is butthurt bernheads.

4 yrs ago the Dem sock puppets here were predicting the end of the GOP forever.

how'd that work out?

I did. Looked and acted great to me. Cogent and coherent will be something to look forward to.

Those long lost pauses...then the questions thing.

Look, I am not rooting against him at all, hell, I have no interest in Pres Harris.

From Healthline:

Alzheimer’s disease
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia. It accounts for 60 to 80 percent of cases. It’s usually a slowly progressing disease. The average person lives four to eight years after receiving the diagnosis. Some people may live as many as 20 years after their diagnosis.

And personal, my sig other just lost her mother to it after a 15 year battle after she was diagnosed. In the end she had to be monitored 24/7.

It's a horrible disease, after witnessing it I'd rather get cancer.

Biden is nowhere near anything like she was, or sadly where Coach Knight is now. He's nowhere near where she was four years ago or where coach knight was four years ago.

If he's showing early signs (and if it's in his family) then those around him and the democratic party would be fools to support him, especially with what, 24 other decent candidates that ran last year?

Sometimes the simple answer is the most likely.

All well and good

Again, who posted what you claim was posted?

I did. Looked and acted great to me. Cogent and coherent will be something to look forward to.

I just look at the “Biden is demented” thing as a label the pubs are required to stick to whoever the opponent they fear most. Biden has lost a little off his fastball, but he used to be a stud, so it’s exaggerated. Probably how I’m seen by the ladies these days. :(

That concept isn't even a little bit silly. In fact it is highly likely, i would put it at 50% at least. Did you hear him today? Yikes.

No idea what you're talking about. I spent the last 3+ yrs caring for someone with dementia. The idea that this man has Dementia is ludicrous... Even speaking off the cuff he shows vocabulary and grasp of issues that Trump can only wish he were able to display...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?473520-1/joe-biden-holds-press-conference-covid-19-economy

No idea what you're talking about. I spent the last 3+ yrs caring for someone with dementia. The idea that this man has Dementia is ludicrous... Even speaking off the cuff he shows vocabulary and grasp of issues that Trump can only wish he were able to display...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?473520-1/joe-biden-holds-press-conference-covid-19-economy

You seem to be responding to the wrong poster. I am not the one who claimed Biden is demented, neither of us know that to be true or untrue. If you want to converse with me, fine...but you are going to need to stay on subject.

Since WW2, only 2 elected Presidents have failed to win re election.

And we've never had 4 Presidents in a row win reelection. The current string of 3 is only the second time since Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe.

You seem to be responding to the wrong poster. I am not the one who claimed Biden is demented, neither of us know that to be true or untrue. If you want to converse with me, fine...but you are going to need to stay on subject.

Did you get lost in the midst of your trolling,and forget the thread of "thoughts" you posted? Have you got dementia?

You stated

The vid replied...

Then your trolling continued...

That concept isn't even a little bit silly. In fact it is highly likely, i would put it at 50% at least. Did you hear him today? Yikes

If your implication isn't the "cognitive difficulties" retread, then exactly what are you saying? Biden's in far better physical health than fatass Trump...

So what are the rest of us, who naturally assume that your trolling in accordance with the ludicrous statements dmb has made regarding "dementia" are also dementia-related, supposed to make out of your posts? Are you hinting that you think a Boogaloo Boi is going to assassinate Joe during his first term?

Reactions: UncleMark
Did you get lost in the midst of your trolling,and forget the thread of "thoughts" you posted? Have you got dementia?

You stated

The vid replied...

Then your trolling continued...

That concept isn't even a little bit silly. In fact it is highly likely, i would put it at 50% at least. Did you hear him today? Yikes

If your implication isn't the "cognitive difficulties" retread, then exactly what are you saying? Biden's in far better physical health than fatass Trump...

So what are the rest of us, who naturally assume that your trolling in accordance with the ludicrous statements dmb has made regarding "dementia" are also dementia-related, supposed to make out of your posts? Are you hinting that you think a Boogaloo Boi is going to assassinate Joe during his first term?

Nice meltdown. Again, you can criticize what I say but don't make crap up to criticize. Got it?

"trolling"? You mean having an opinion that doesn't line up with your parroting the party line?

My stance on Biden...whom you know i am voting for is clear and hasn't altered one bit.

It appears i am not the "troll" here...

Oh for fvcks sake, now you're going all CoH.

Then what do you mean by "Yikes" and "50% at least"? Are you talking about him dying in office?

Exactly what it says. IMO there are even odds that the Veep finishes the term. I don't know if he has early signs of dementia or not. I am not his Dr.

Don't go all cosmickid here and troll my posts by making things up to criticize.

Exactly what it says. IMO there are even odds that the Veep finishes the term. I don't know if he has early signs of dementia or not. I am not his Dr.

Don't go all cosmickid here and troll my posts by making things up to criticize.
Do you even have an explanation for your even odds? If not, your claim is even stupider than we already thought.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Let me be clearer. Do you have any actual reasoning behind that opinion?

Sometimes goat...you get what you give. I generally treat others here as I am treated, that has been a constant with me for 25 years on these boards.

The campaign is grueling and I suspect will be even with the amended covid-related processes we will see. Trump will be all over him, his son and god only knows what else they dig up (true or untrue). The POTUS job is even worse. 7 days a week. The stressors in today's world are brutal. The face to face post-trump repair work that needs to be done is monumental.

There is a pandemic that risks his health every day...mask or no mask.

Biden will be 82? when if he completes a term He has always been a gaffe-machine and a recovering stutterer but his speech patterns, pauses, seeming confusion are more apparent than ever. I don't know the cause of that so don't go cosmickid or Zeke and put words in my keyboard.

Biden was my fourth choice behind Pete, Amy and Tulsi and that was before the covid risks to health. Let alone what we (or he) doesn't yet know

50 - 50...best odds I would give him. The veep choice matters.. a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT