ADVERTISEMENT

Way to go, Hideki.

He could have folded on the first few holes, but didn't.

Schauffele though ...

Outstanding win. I’ve always liked him and this will be HUGE in Japan and Asia.

Congratulations, sir.
Yeah, seems like a class act. Surprised he hadn't won a major before. Seemed like he was on the cusp of greatness and multiple majors a couple years ago and then backslid, not sure if he had injuries or what. Japan has a crazy golf following and this will make him even more popular there. Salute to the Japanese golf fan:

d9a9b85a8a8961002e074c4ad1af088e.jpg

fb162e6aef656e318f210a73d1552917.jpg

dc57693b1cff30e36cac1b4199c1a5ad.jpg

Yeah, seems like a class act. Surprised he hadn't won a major before. Seemed like he was on the cusp of greatness and multiple majors a couple years ago and then backslid, not sure if he had injuries or what. Japan has a crazy golf following and this will make him even more popular there. Salute to the Japanese golf fan:

d9a9b85a8a8961002e074c4ad1af088e.jpg

fb162e6aef656e318f210a73d1552917.jpg

dc57693b1cff30e36cac1b4199c1a5ad.jpg

16 gonna haunt Schauffle for a while. If he put that reasonably close Hideki might have puckered a little bit.

Reactions: IUAPEX
16 gonna haunt Schauffle for a while. If he put that reasonably close Hideki might have puckered a little bit.
Yeah, a triple bogey is almost unique, for XS, EVER. Not a good time for it, though I guess there never is. Underclubbed by one, I guess, misjudging the wind.

thought it was cool to see Stuart Cink have a good tourney... seems like one of the "good guys" on tour and I thought it was cool that he had his son on the bag. Caddies normally get 10%... so kinda nice to keep $120K in the family and a great payday for a 24 year old! Plus they said his wife had battled breast cancer and he took pretty much an entire year off to care for her. Boring final round but a good story. HH is only 4 hours from me, I need to go down to that tourney some time.

Anyone else remember that British Open with Tom Watson? Felt so bad for Cink, to "steal a major" from the old guy... now he's the old guy. Some good interviews and recaps of that BO match. Watson on 18 hit exactly the shot he wanted but it took a bad hop and left him a longer putt than he expected, otherwise, he wins it outright. At least was good to know he did exactly what he wanted and just got a bad break and it wasn't the yips or his age that cost him.

Reactions: sdhoosier
Watson should’ve made the easy putt. Clearly nerves got him. Didn’t Greg Norman contend in that open too out of left field? Maybe a year or 2 back. Duval contended for a random US Open 1 year as well. Love when the best from years back find it for a week.

Watson should’ve made the easy putt. Clearly nerves got him. Didn’t Greg Norman contend in that open too out of left field? Maybe a year or 2 back. Duval contended for a random US Open 1 year as well. Love when the best from years back find it for a week.
It was a bad stroke, but Watson felt with the shot he hit, without the bad bounce, it would have been a 2-3' putt

ADVERTISEMENT