ADVERTISEMENT

Way off topic, but Congrats to Bryce Alford

Paterfamilias

All-Big Ten
Dec 3, 2010
I listened to the UCLA-Washington game last night and at the end the announcer said that Bryce had passed Toby Bailey on the all-time scoring list. I looked up Bryce's career stats and it's quite impressive for a guy that has been made fun of on almost every college basketball message board that I visit... and I visit quite a few.

Bryce is now 5th on UCLA's scoring list behind Reggie Miller. He is 6th on the all-time assist list, which is pretty amazing for the erstwhile king of hero-ball. Bryce's assist total would place him 2nd to Yogi Ferrell on IU's list and like Yogi Bryce also has an outstanding assist/turnover ration of 2.28 (Yogi's 2.03)

I know... wgaff... but I think it's good to show that facts don't always line up with the pop narrative.

I listened to the UCLA-Washington game last night and at the end the announcer said that Bryce had passed Toby Bailey on the all-time scoring list. I looked up Bryce's career stats and it's quite impressive for a guy that has been made fun of on almost every college basketball message board that I visit... and I visit quite a few.

Bryce is now 5th on UCLA's scoring list behind Reggie Miller. He is 6th on the all-time assist list, which is pretty amazing for the erstwhile king of hero-ball. Bryce's assist total would place him 2nd to Yogi Ferrell on IU's list and like Yogi Bryce also has an outstanding assist/turnover ration of 2.28 (Yogi's 2.03)

I know... wgaff... but I think it's good to show that facts don't always line up with the pop narrative.
I was amazed when I heard that he was 6th in scoring the other night especially at a place like UCLA. Have to remember though that a lot of the all time great players at UCLA only played 3 years and without a 3 point line.

He's a fantastic player. I never understood all the criticism he receives. Much like I never understood the constant criticism of Yogi Ferrell on IU message boards.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
He's a fantastic player. I never understood all the criticism he receives. Much like I never understood the constant criticism of Yogi Ferrell on IU message boards.
Getting Ball and allowing him to play off the ball this year has really helped him. Not having to handle the ball has led him to get better shots. He is such a great shooter and if you get him any cushion he will kill you.

The Pacers blew it when they drafted Miller instead of Steve.

Absolutely... changed the course of Pacer history, stupid Pacers!:) I was a big Reggie Miller fan even in college, so I wasn't as disappointed as many were. Then again I hadn't really watched pro ball since the days of the ABA, so it didn't matter to me anyway.

I was amazed when I heard that he was 6th in scoring the other night especially at a place like UCLA. Have to remember though that a lot of the all time great players at UCLA only played 3 years and without a 3 point line.

Didn't he start his career at New Mex? That means he did it in three years as well?

Talking to a friend in LA. He said UCLA fans believe they lost out on a few very good guards because they would not want to come to UCLA and sit on the bench and watch the coach's son.

Talking to a friend in LA. He said UCLA fans believe they lost out on a few very good guards because they would not want to come to UCLA and sit on the bench and watch the coach's son.

It probably did get used against them on the recruiting trail. Yet, here they are with 4 great college guards all playing at least 27 minutes per game on the #3 ranked team in the country. Imo UCLA's big misses have been at small forward, a position where they haven't even had a player since Shabazz Muhammad. That story, though, just doesn't capture the imagination like a good daddy-ball yarn.

His grandpa Sam was a high school player for my Hatchets back in the day. Washington has always been proud of the Alfords when they do good things. Now that business in Iowa....not so much. Way to go Bryce.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT