ADVERTISEMENT

watching the news tonight

probably shouldnt of had children if they cant afford to care for them

tell shaniqua and Tyrone

there’s a difference in not being able to afford them and not being able to afford them after you’ve been forced to quit your job because a bunch of people are scared

i think its ridiculous that someones main concern is a place for their child to be housed for 8 hrs a day

Spoken like someone who either:

A) Does not currently have kids and also does not currently understand how virtual school is working right now and/or

B)Someone who makes enough money to pay someone to watch their kids for them or someone who is unemployed so they are home anyway.

Full disclosure, I am lucky enough that I make enough at my job to support my entire family on my own. So my wife is a stay at home mother. I am also lucky enough that I can telework while all this virus stuff is going on, so I get a front row seat to what virtual school looks like right now. I have 2 elementary school age kids and one in middle school. My middle schooler starts school at 8 with Zoom meetings. He has regularly scheduled meetings that he has to be dialed in to "attend" throughout the day. Parents with a child his age are probably ok, although today's society tends to frown more on the whole latchkey kid thing than they did when I was his age...but he could handle it.

Now for my 2 elementary, they also have zoom meetings. They have worksheets that they are assigned to work through. They have reading assignments they are supposed to do at different times of the day. My wife goes back and forth between their rooms, recently converted to work spaces as well, to either help them with their work or to make sure they are attending their meetings at the right time. I have one child who is special needs, so he needs extra attention. Again, we are lucky, our circumstances allow us to be able to handle this change and still be fine financially.

Now, take that day that happens between 9 and 3 and imagine you have to have both parents working to pay the bills, or you have a single parent that works. Maybe they could afford childcare for after school, but the all day costs are prohibitive, maybe they cannot find someone to take care of their child all day. Like I said, my wife is basically a full time, unpaid, teaching assistant right now, not every babysitter wants to sign up for that. People are having to choose between their child being educated and having a job to pay to feed, cloth, and house them. And that burden is falling mainly on the working and middle class. So if you are in my spot where you have money to get by or you are one of the people who lives off the government and the taxes that these working people you are criticizing are helping to pay (I doubt you fall in this category), then I would kindly suggest maybe shutting up about people who are concerned about schools being closed because it means that their kids do not have a place to be while they are working, or more likely, they don't know how to juggle the situation I described above.

Frankly I thank God all the time for my good fortune. These past 5 months could have been much worse if they had happened to me at a different point in life.

Last edited:
tell shaniqua and Tyrone

there’s a difference in not being able to afford them and not being able to afford them after you’ve been forced to quit your job because a bunch of people are scared

I really hope that was a really poor attempt at a joke.

And even if it was, it’s INCREDIBLY racist.

Smacks of the “welfare queen” BS that Reagan trotted out in the early 80’s. Which, yes, was racist. Just like Bill Clinton’s “super predator” comments. And just about everything Trump says these days- he’s on a ROLL lately. The dog whistles have become megaphones that everyone can hear. He doesn’t even try to hide it these days.

Your comment is also ridiculous, and a deviation from reality. The great majority of folks that receive public assistance are... white. And, quite a few also work these days.

A few years ago, Wal-Mart was exposed giving their employees information on how to apply for public assistance. The audacity of that blew my mind. It still does.

I’ve heard/met a white dude named Jerome, but have never met or White Shaniqua. GTFO with that tired BS.

Can one of the mods please take the trash out please?

This is one of the more overtly racist things I’ve seen on this board, which is saying something given what a poster used to post here (can’t remember his name, but his screen name had something to do with conspiracy theory crap).

C’mon man!

Reactions: outside shooter
I really hope that was a really poor attempt at a joke.

And even if it was, it’s INCREDIBLY racist.

Smacks of the “welfare queen” BS that Reagan trotted out in the early 80’s. Which, yes, was racist. Just like Bill Clinton’s “super predator” comments. And just about everything Trump says these days- he’s on a ROLL lately. The dog whistles have become megaphones that everyone can hear. He doesn’t even try to hide it these days.

Your comment is also ridiculous, and a deviation from reality. The great majority of folks that receive public assistance are... white. And, quite a few also work these days.

A few years ago, Wal-Mart was exposed giving their employees information on how to apply for public assistance. The audacity of that blew my mind. It still does.

I’ve heard/met a white dude named Jerome, but have never met or White Shaniqua. GTFO with that tired BS.

Can one of the mods please take the trash out please?

This is one of the more overtly racist things I’ve seen on this board, which is saying something given what a poster used to post here (can’t remember his name, but his screen name had something to do with conspiracy theory crap).

C’mon man!

I truly enjoyed reading this response, thank you

tell shaniqua and Tyrone

This post is precisely why deleting offensive posts Is pointless. Apparently the mods here are too big of wimps to actually ban worthless posters like you,

Reactions: baileyiu
This post is precisely why deleting offensive posts Is pointless. Apparently the mods here are too big of wimps to actually ban worthless posters like you,

I’ve been banned before, multiple times. Which is fine, not my site. But after a while I’ll feel like arguing/upsetting/offending the types of people on this board, whose political opinions are shared only by the fresh out of college girls I date, no other adults

I’ve been banned before, multiple times. Which is fine, not my site. But after a while I’ll feel like arguing/upsetting/offending the types of people on this board, whose political opinions are shared only by the fresh out of college girls I date, no other adults
$&$@ off. You’re a total douchebag and a spineless twit.

Last edited:
Reactions: outside shooter
There are 4 mods, including me. If I deleted everything that deserved deleted, there would be virtually nothing left. I am sure I could get you hooked up to be a mod if you thought it would help.

Reactions: ulrey
Well, like Stoll, the bourbon was flowing tonight. Had a great dinner at Livery downtown with another couple. One of the better dinners I have had in a while. The Old Fashions were quite delicious.
Live right around the corner from that place. We really like it. It's an enjoyable walk through Lockerbie Square to there and St. Joe's.

Live right around the corner from that place. We really like it. It's an enjoyable walk through Lockerbie Square to there and St. Joe's.
I thought the meal there last night was great. We had been one other time and thought it was ok. Much better this time. Thought their Ceviche was about as good as it gets, at least as good as you can get being in Central Indiana.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I am not sure. I seldom take the time to try to figure that out. Probably because I am not any good at it.
I'm definitely not. I only bring it up because he's mentioned a couple times that he's had other user names in the past.

Well, like Stoll, the bourbon was flowing tonight. Had a great dinner at Livery downtown with another couple. One of the better dinners I have had in a while. The Old Fashions were quite delicious.
I love The Livery. Have a friend who lives walking distance so we go often.

I love The Livery. Have a friend who lives walking distance so we go often.
As I said before, only the 2nd time I have been there. Last night was a much better experience than the first. I must say, though, walking down Mass Ave after dinner was depressing. No life or energy whatsoever. I have always enjoyed going downtown for meals and drinks. I think it is going to be some time before it gets back to what it once was.

What kind of rye/bourbon?

seems like a lot of the back to school parents at any cost main concern is free daycare

This is a vague (and somewhat insulting) post but I’ll respond to what I think you are talking about. If you are referencing the outbreaks at high schools in Georgia, I will adamantly say that I don’t think my daughter’s primary school in southern Indiana should be closed because of an outbreak at a crowded high school in Cherokee County, GA. It isn’t surprising that schools with kids packed shoulder to shoulder in the hallways are seeing lots of cases. But that isn’t the case everywhere and is certainly not the case at the schools I’m most familiar with.

ADVERTISEMENT