ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Romeo in sectional tonight

jopajackson

Benchwarmer
Aug 24, 2010
Looked good and so did the team... the word on the street is that his girlfriend recently enrolled at IU... not sure if this is true but if it is it’s certainly not bad news...

Looked good and so did the team... the word on the street is that his girlfriend recently enrolled at IU... not sure if this is true but if it is it’s certainly not bad news...
God these threads are silly.

You guys are neurotic because you're following Aristotle or Proust or Marcel Marceau or somebody.

Instead, you should study the only true philosopher since Will Rogers who knows anything useful about the human condition:

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/new...sox-braves-indians/13tyjao2mbhrf1jrgniroq2auz

Repeat after me: It ain't over till it's over. Rinse and repeat. Live better.

God these threads are silly.
You guys are neurotic because you're following Aristotle or Proust or Marcel Marceau or somebody.Instead, you should study the only true philosopher since Will Rogers who knows anything useful about the human condition:Repeat after me: It ain't over till it's over. Rinse and repeat. Live better.

Agree on silly, but the rest of your rant is arguably as "neurotic" as any post here.

Reactions: Stellara1
Romeo had an easy 32 in about 25 min of playing time. Shot look good but he forced a few bad shots too.

The best player in the gym tonight was actually his backcourt mate East. Kid hit 9 threes, 7 in the first half and at one point I believe it was 7 or 8 in a row. His defense was outstanding. Seymour had trouble getting the ball over half court. He must've had 5-6 steals too.

The best atmosphere in the state by far this weekend with 3 of the top 6 teams in the same sectional. 8k plus in attendance. The title game should be fun. Floyd has terrific guard play and a huge front line. They also have a really good zone and a great coach.

Having watched tonight, I like Floyd to advance in a close game.

Last edited:
Romeo had an easy 32 in about 25 min of playing time. Shot look good but he forced a few bad shots too.

The best player in the gym tonight was actually his backcourt mate East. Kid hit 9 threes, 7 in the first half and at one point I believe it was 7 or 8 in a row. His defense was outstanding. Seymour had trouble getting the ball over half court. He must've had 5-6 steals too.

The best atmosphere in the state by far this weekend with 3 of the top 6 teams in the same regional. 8k plus in attendance. The title game should be fun. Floyd has terrific guard play and a huge front line. They also have a really good zone and a great coach.

The Ro Show will not end tonight! But it will be one hell of a game! And yes the atmosphere was stupendous with standing room only for the first half of the game.

What do you guys think about offering East a scholly to get Romeo. Kind of like we did with Etherton to get Zeller. It would take a scholarship away from McRoberts though and East is low D1 talent but he can shoot and play D and has hops. He just needs to put on a little weight

The best atmosphere in the state by far this weekend with 3 of the top 6 teams in the same sectional. 8k plus in attendance. The title game should be fun. Floyd has terrific guard play and a huge front line. They also have a really good zone and a great coach.

I'll take New Albany by 20! Romeo was sick the last time they played, and they have taken their team play to another level. Not only that, but they played at Floyd's gym and it sounded like the refs kinda let things get a little outta hand and swallowed their whistles. Sounded like Romeo got mugged all night? I think New Albany will be out for blood tonight! Mark it down!

Reactions: tru123dt
Sean East is Romeos best friend. It absolutely would have an impact. Darius Garland and Romeo are not all that close from what people around NAs program have told me. That is a lie that Garland himself tries to sell. He knows he's doomed at Vandy.

Reactions: iulb
I'll take New Albany by 20! Romeo was sick the last time they played, and they have taken their team play to another level. Not only that, but they played at Floyd's gym and it sounded like the refs kinda let things get a little outta hand and swallowed their whistles. Sounded like Romeo got mugged all night? I think New Albany will be out for blood tonight! Mark it down!

No. Romeo wasn't that sick. He scored 46 points like 16 hours later. He threw down a 360 dunk and a tomahawk dunk against Floyd.

Floyd won because they have a bigger roster than IU. Thats no joke. And their coach is basically the HS version of Tony Bennett.

Reactions: mayorparker

NA may win, but not by 20. Floyd has a better team and coach. Their d is incredible and their guards are smart, savvy and steady. They will handle the NA pressure. Inside, Floyd will start 6-7, 6-7, 6-7. They are long and protect the rim. NA will have to win by scoring on the break and making long contested 3's.

Floyd 65
NA 61

Reactions: IUgradman
NA may win, but not by 20. Floyd has a better team and coach. Their d is incredible and their guards are smart, savvy and steady. They will handle the NA pressure. Inside, Floyd will start 6-7, 6-7, 6-7. They are long and protect the rim. NA will have to win by scoring on the break and making long contested 3's.

Floyd 65
NA 61

Is tonight basically for the state title or do WC and SB Riley have a shot?

Sean East is Romeos best friend. It absolutely would have an impact. Darius Garland and Romeo are not all that close from what people around NAs program have told me. That is a lie that Garland himself tries to sell. He knows he's doomed at Vandy.
Would end up being another Todd Leary & Eric Montrose deal. Worked out great.

Is tonight basically for the state title or do WC and SB Riley have a shot?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure but both teams are capable of winning it all.

No. Romeo wasn't that sick. He scored 46 points like 16 hours later. He threw down a 360 dunk and a tomahawk dunk against Floyd.

Floyd won because they have a bigger roster than IU. Thats no joke. And their coach is basically the HS version of Tony Bennett.

Yeah he was not that sick... he just had the flu

If Romeo bricks 3s like he did last night against Seymour New Albany will lose.

Reactions: IUgradman

If you are talking about slow down ball then there was nobody and I mean nobody like Jack Butcher of the dreaded Loogootee Lions. The guy has the most wins of any coach in Indiana H.S. Ball.

Reactions: 82IU
We tried that when we signed Leary to get Montross and you see how that worked out.

I'm not sure but both teams are capable of winning it all.
The few times I have seen SB Riley they looked very sloppy with the ball.[/QUOTE]
South Bend Riley is no. 1 in the state, or at least they have been. They are also undefeated.

The few times I have seen SB Riley they looked very sloppy with the ball.
South Bend Riley is no. 1 in the state, or at least they have been. They are also undefeated.[/QUOTE]
I understand that. When I saw them play I said to my wife, "when they get some of those teams in Indy or New Albany they are in trouble if they play like this. Sometimes I question the quality of play in those teams in Northern Indiana. Sure SBR is undefeated. But did they have to play the cream of the crop in the state?

South Bend Riley is no. 1 in the state, or at least they have been. They are also undefeated.
I understand that. When I saw them play I said to my wife, "when they get some of those teams in Indy or New Albany they are in trouble if they play like this. Sometimes I question the quality of play in those teams in Northern Indiana. Sure SBR is undefeated. But did they have to play the cream of the crop in the state?[/QUOTE] I think we’ll know the answer soon. I think it’s kinda the Gonzaga effect. We never know until the tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT