ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Indy Elite vs Indy Heat this summer.

Their sizes at 18 years old aren't comparable, neither is their skill set. Nunge was 6'9, 6'10 and weighed 190 lbs coming out of high school, who played inside out all the way out onto the perimeter. Duncomb is 6'9 230-235 (and still growing) that plays around the basket. Their ranking is irrelevant. Duncomb at 18 years old has a much more polished skill-set around the basket than Nunge every possessed in high school. If you'd watch either of them, you would know that.
Says the guy who invoked a ranking as justification for a player’s potential, since you’ve never seen him play. You clearly saw Nunge, either. No one is saying you can’t continue to hype players without having seen them, or that you can’t make up things about other coaches. It’s just funny to read, that’s all.

Reactions: Remain
Says the guy who invoked a ranking as justification for a player’s potential, since you’ve never seen him play. You clearly saw Nunge, either. No one is saying you can’t continue to hype players without having seen them, or that you can’t make up things about other coaches. It’s just funny to read, that’s all.

Lol. I used to coach Indiana Elite's 14U team. Saying I've never seen Logan Duncomb play is legitimately lol funny.

• Love
Reactions: Radio Zero
Lol. I used to coach Indiana Elite's 14U team. Saying I've never seen Logan Duncomb play is legitimately lol funny.
Lol. Uh huh. What coach would say that Kaufman was misled by Matt Painter, other than you? Didn’t you also claim to be an educator? Lol.

Luke Fischer, if you remember the name, is a good comp. Not sure I'd call him a project as he has a pretty decent skill set but definitely needs a year or two in the weight room. Should be playing around 240-245 as an upperclassmen.
Thanks .

Lol. Uh huh. What coach would say that Kaufman was misled by Matt Painter, other than you? Didn’t you also claim to be an educator? Lol.

I did teach health and PE for about 20 years many moons ago. Not sure what that has to do with analayzing the skill sets of two different players that you obviously never saw play at the HS level.

Just for reference, Duncomb is young for his class and will turn 18 when he gets to Indiana.

I did teach health and PE for about 20 years many moons ago. Not sure what that has to do with analayzing the skill sets of two different players that you obviously never saw play at the HS level.
I’ve seen both play as high schoolers. Not sure why you want to keep perpetuating an inaccuracy. And no one said you can’t continue to hype players.

I’ve seen both play as high schoolers. Not sure why you want to keep perpetuating an inaccuracy. And no one said you can’t continue to hype players.

Where exactly did I "hype" Duncomb? Because I think he can be a good 4 year player for IU? I said his game reminds me of Luke Fischer. While Luke didn't stay long in Bloomington, he chalked up a nice career at Marquette. Was a 12 and 7 guy there and have similar expectations for Duncomb when its all said and done as they are similar builds with very similar skill sets.

Where exactly did I "hype" Duncomb? Because I think he can be a good 4 year player for IU? I said his game reminds me of Luke Fischer. While Luke didn't stay long in Bloomington, he chalked up a nice career at Marquette. Was a 12 and 7 guy there and have similar expectations for Duncomb when its all said and done as they are similar builds with very similar skill sets.
You took Issue with the fact that I compared Duncomb physically to Nunge and then persisted because I don’t play the hype game like you do. You threw in a rivals ranking and a fish tale about Kaufman being misled for good measure. Nobody is saying you can’t keep playing the hype game or that you can’t tell whoppers about Miller and program building. It’s not credible, but no one s reverting you from doing it.

You took Issue with the fact that I compared Duncomb physically to Nunge and then persisted because I don’t play the hype game like you do. You threw in a rivals ranking and a fish tale about Kaufman being misled for good measure. Nobody is saying you can’t keep playing the hype game or that you can’t tell whoppers about Miller and program building. It’s not credible, but no one s reverting you from doing it.

You compared Nunge physically as a 22 year old whose been in college weight room for 4 years to that of a 17 year old senior who won't turn 18 until the end of this year. It's innocuous at best. Duncomb has 40 pounds on Nunge at the same age and is already more gifted around the rim than Nunge has been at any point in his collegiate career. Your argument is disingenuous at best but you already knew that and such is life.

You compared Nunge physically as a 22 year old whose been in college weight room for 4 years to that of a 17 year old senior who won't turn 18 until the end of this year. It's innocuous at best. Duncomb has 40 pounds on Nunge at the same age and is already more gifted around the rim than Nunge has been at any point in his collegiate career. Your argument is disingenuous at best but you already knew that and such is life.
At the same age, Duncomb does not have 40 pounds on Nunge. More proof you never saw JN play. “More gifted around the rim”? The hype machine continues. As for disingenuous, nothing beats the idiotic “industry standards” blather you came up with last week. It was completely out of touch with reality, and I doubt you knew that. BGR.

At the same age, Duncomb does not have 40 pounds on Nunge. More proof you never saw JN play. “More gifted around the rim”? The hype machine continues. As for disingenuous, nothing beats the idiotic “industry standards” blather you came up with last week. It was completely out of touch with reality, and I doubt you knew that. BGR.

Duncomb is 230-235 as a senior while Nunge was 195 lbs soaking weight. Had you ever seen Nunge play you would know this.

Furst is much more athletic and bouncy then this crop is giving him credit for. And skilled around the rim to boot with a comfortable jumper from 10-15 feet. He’s not going to light the world on fire but he’s ranked in the top 60 in the country for a reason and continues to produce at the AAU and high school level.

Furst is much more athletic and bouncy then this crop is giving him credit for. And skilled around the rim to boot with a comfortable jumper from 10-15 feet. He’s not going to light the world on fire but he’s ranked in the top 60 in the country for a reason and continues to produce at the AAU and high school level.

He doesn't shoot the 3 and neither does Kaufman. Throw in Edey, having those 2 or 3 on the court at the same time is a different look for Purdue. Not saying Painter won't make it work, it will just be different than now.

Skilled around the rim will require space. Space that wont be there with Edey and Kaufman there already.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they redshirt Furst next year....

He doesn't shoot the 3 and neither does Kaufman. Throw in Edey, having those 2 or 3 on the court at the same time is a different look for Purdue. Not saying Painter won't make it work, it will just be different than now.

Skilled around the rim will require space. Space that wont be there with Edey and Kaufman there already.

lol none of that will happen. Purdue’s spacing will be fine.

I think Purdue will be good, but nothing earth shattering. Their ceiling is more on Ivy and Newman’s growth than Kaufman or Furst.

lol none of that will happen. Purdue’s spacing will be fine.

Which part wont happen? Edey, Furst, and Kaufman on the floor at same time? Because if they are, yes, spacing will be a problem. Again, NOT SAYING Painter wont make it work, but it will be a different look.

And I bet there is a decent chance Furst redshirts. Newman did. And Furst simply isn't needed next year.

Makes sense now. PE teacher reliving the glory days?

TKR can shoot just fine. I think he'll have to be covered

Which part wont happen? Edey, Furst, and Kaufman on the floor at same time? Because if they are, yes, spacing will be a problem. Again, NOT SAYING Painter wont make it work, but it will be a different look.

And I bet there is a decent chance Furst redshirts. Newman did. And Furst simply isn't needed next year.
That lineup will rarely be on the floor. And Furst is not redshirting. If anything Edey will take a back seat.

That lineup will rarely be on the floor. And Furst is not redshirting. If anything Edey will take a back seat.

Someone is going to be on the bench quite a bit. Between Williams, Edey, Wheeler, Gillis, Furst, and Kaufman at the 4/5. And Newman and Morton at the 3. Purdue has a ton of talent in the front court. I bet there is a higher chance of Furst redshirting then you realize.

Watched Kaufman tonight live. Not super impressed. It seemed more of the “I’m taller than everyone else.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT