ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Indy Elite vs Indy Heat this summer.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Pretty good video coverage to do some scouting. Don’t know all the players but I know the 3 main players in the game.

Indy Elite
Logan Duncomb-I’ll start with him because he’s our guy. He’s definitely a lot taller than 6”9. He looks more in the 6”10 range in this video. Recent videos he looks about 6”11. He was real good in this game. Good patience. Good footwork. Nice touch around the rim. Not the quickest guy up the court but he moves OK. He’s better on offense than defense or at least he was in this game. Reminds me a lot of Jared Bergrenn that played for Wisconsin.

Trey Kaufman-Easily the best player in this game. Really athletic, and can explode to the basket. Good shooting touch. Just a really good player and will be really good in the Big Ten.

Indy Heat
Caleb Furst-We didn’t miss out on this guy. From all the tape I’ve seen on this guy he’s one of the most overrated big men I’ve seen. Got schooled multiple times by Duncomb and Kaufman. He’s soft as Jello. Really doesn’t have much offensive skill. A lot shorter than I realized. This guy is nobody to worry about IMO. He’s definitely no Trevion Williams or even Trey Kaufman.

Pretty good video coverage to do some scouting. Don’t know all the players but I know the 3 main players in the game.

Indy Elite
Logan Duncomb-I’ll start with him because he’s our guy. He’s definitely a lot taller than 6”9. He looks more in the 6”10 range in this video. Recent videos he looks about 6”11. He was real good in this game. Good patience. Good footwork. Nice touch around the rim. Not the quickest guy up the court but he moves OK. He’s better on offense than defense or at least he was in this game. Reminds me a lot of Jared Bergrenn that played for Wisconsin.

Trey Kaufman-Easily the best player in this game. Really athletic, and can explode to the basket. Good shooting touch. Just a really good player and will be really good in the Big Ten.

Indy Heat
Caleb Furst-We didn’t miss out on this guy. From all the tape I’ve seen on this guy he’s one of the most overrated big men I’ve seen. Got schooled multiple times by Duncomb and Kaufman. He’s soft as Jello. Really doesn’t have much offensive skill. A lot shorter than I realized. This guy is nobody to worry about IMO. He’s definitely no Trevion Williams or even Trey Kaufman.
Do you recall how CJ Gunn looked?

Reactions: Brockway
Regarding Furst, I do think he is highly skilled offensively 10 feet and in. Furst as an underclassmen was touted as all-world because he was so physically mature at his age and the thought was that he was going to grow to 6-10', 6-11' and he was going to be a prospect that all the blue-bloods were after. Never really grew and at 6'8, 6'9 he's an undersized 5 with limited athletic ability. I think he'll be a very good college player at Purdue. That being said, I do like Duncomb's size and subsequent upside over Furst as they essentially play the same position. I know Kaufman was recruited to play the 3 at Purdue but Purdue's frontcourt will eventually feature Furst and Kaufman at the 4 and 5 despite what Kaufman was sold. A frontcourt of Edey, Furst, and Kaufman really creates a spacing problem that hinders the driving ability of Jaden Ivey who does most of his damage at the rim.

gonna come back to this when Furst drags his balls on Duncomb.
I was big on Furst .
Still kinda ..I've seen him multiple times....But I had people who saw him against Hopf from Barr Reeve.At the HOF game...Whose more of D2 guy than D1 ..
They said Hopf was his equal..I believe Hopf out scored him also..
So Idk...Might be a long wait..

Jury is out for me on Duncomb until I see him.
But those who did at Southport. And that I value their opinion...Say something of project and is slow..
But different people see different thing's..
And it's one game..

Reactions: kkott
But those who did at Southport. And that I value their opinion...Say something of project and is slow..
And it's one game..

Luke Fischer, if you remember the name, is a good comp. Not sure I'd call him a project as he has a pretty decent skill set but definitely needs a year or two in the weight room. Should be playing around 240-245 as an upperclassmen.

And it's one game..
I’ve seen extended play from Duncomb. He might help in a couple of years, but he’s a less mobile Jack Nunge without a perimeter game right now. Purdue is loading up. No doubt Painter will figure out how to use those guys well.

I’ve seen extended play from Duncomb. He might help in a couple of years, but he’s a less mobile Jack Nunge without a perimeter game right now. Purdue is loading up. No doubt Painter will figure out how to use those guys well.

Disagree. He’s already a bigger body and he’s pretty strong for his age. Not a shooter though.

Luke Fischer, if you remember the name, is a good comp. Not sure I'd call him a project as he has a pretty decent skill set but definitely needs a year or two in the weight room. Should be playing around 240-245 as an upperclassmen.
Really liked that kid. Too bad Crean couldn’t contain the dope smokers.

Not a very good comparison. Nunge was always a more perimeter oriented, pick and pop type player. Duncomb is a more traditional back to the basket center.

Not a very good comparison. Nunge was always a more perimeter oriented, pick and pop type player. Duncomb is a more traditional back to the basket center.
Which was my point. He doesn’t offer more than JN does in the low post and offers none of his perimeter skills. They are the same height, though, so there’s that.

Which was my point. He doesn’t offer more than JN does in the low post and offers none of his perimeter skills. They are the same height, though, so there’s that.

Lol. They're two completely different players. Nunge wasn't 200 lbs soaking wet heading to Iowa City and has grown an inch or two since landing on campus. Nunge was never a back to the basket player in high school. Sure, if you want to say Nunge as a 4th year junior offers more than Duncomb does right now to prove a point by all means go ahead, you're grasping at straws. But as seniors in high school Duncomb is miles ahead of where Nunge was in terms strength and skill set around the basket.

Reactions: kkott
Lol. They're two completely different players. Nunge wasn't 200 lbs soaking wet heading to Iowa City and has grown an inch or two since landing on campus. Nunge was never a back to the basket player in high school. Sure, if you want to say Nunge as a 4th year junior offers more than Duncomb does right now to prove a point by all means go ahead, you're grasping at straws. But as seniors in high school Duncomb is miles ahead of where Nunge was in terms strength and skill set around the basket.
Yeah, I meant Nunge today versus Duncomb today. I realize they aren’t the same player but I probably should’ve spelled it out more clearly and simply for you. I think anyone who wants to engage the hype machine will be disappointed. He’s a project.

Yeah, I meant Nunge today versus Duncomb today. I realize they aren’t the same player but I probably should’ve spelled it out more clearly and simply for you. I think anyone who wants to engage the hype machine will be disappointed. He’s a project.

If Duncomb as a true freshman gives IU the same production that Jack Nunge is giving Iowa as a 4th year junior in a reserve role I'd call it a more than successful freshman year. Have yet to see a single poster suggest that Duncomb was going to come in and average 15 and 8 in his first year. You're extrapolating per usual.

If Duncomb as a true freshman gives IU Jack Nunge type production I'd call it a more than successful freshman year. Have yet to see a single poster suggest that Duncomb was going to come in and average 15 and 8 in his first year. You're extrapolating per usual.
Duncomb won’t come close to JNs level of production. You're reaching, as usual. He’s a much shorter Edey..

I was big on Furst .
Still kinda ..I've seen him multiple times....But I had people who saw him against Hopf from Barr Reeve.At the HOF game...Whose more of D2 guy than D1 ..
They said Hopf was his equal..I believe Hopf out scored him also..
So Idk...Might be a long wait..
I saw the Barr Reeve/Loogootee game online this year and was impressed with Hopf. I'm not saying he is D 1 High Major caliber but at that level I liked him, somewhat like Luke Brown at Blackford.

Indy Elite

Indy Heat
Impressed by your ability to decipher between 6'9" and 6'11" through video. That pretty much ruined the credibility of the rest of your post.

Impressed by your ability to decipher between 6'9" and 6'11" through video. That pretty much ruined the credibility of the rest of your post.

Ive watched more HS games in a month then you probably have in a lifetime. And I’ve seen Kaufman and Furst in person. So yeah, Boilertroll, I can “dechiper”them.

You obviously never saw Nunge in high school......
I did, a couple of times. He’s gotten a fair amount out of his abilities. I just like to follow the hype machine here. It’s full of familiar faces who never learn.

Ive watched more HS games in a month then you probably have in a lifetime. And I’ve seen Kaufman and Furst in person. So yeah, Boilertroll, I can “dechiper”them.
Oh well that settles it. I'll trust the internet scout over every national recruiting service or his own high school's website because "he watches more HS games" on his 15 inch computer monitor in his double wide.

• Haha
Reactions: Remain
I did, a couple of times. He’s gotten a fair amount out of his abilities. I just like to follow the hype machine here. It’s full of familiar faces who never learn.

What exactly is the hype machine surrounding Duncomb? That a top 75 prospect is likely to have a better college career than an oft-injured career reserve at Iowa? Such a high bar you're setting.

What exactly is the hype machine surrounding Duncomb? That a top 75 prospect is likely to have a better college career than an oft-injured career reserve at Iowa? Such a high bar you're setting.
The high bar I “set” is for the IU program and the ability for it to improve well beyond the mediocre level in which it currently exists. I know rankings are meaningful for people who don’t follow basketball closely, though.

The high bar I “set” is for the IU program and the ability for it to improve well beyond the mediocre level in which it currently exists. I know rankings are meaningful for people who don’t follow basketball closely, though.

You compared two players with completely different skill sets who at 18 years old were at different levels of development all while never seeing either of them play. It's clear you never watched Jack Nunge in high school because there's no way in the world you would have compared the two. Nunge was a pick and pop player who had a massive growth spurt in high school possessing a perimeter-oriented skill set. Duncomb as a senior had Nunge by nearly 40 lbs.

You compared two players with completely different skill sets who at 18 years old were at different levels of development all while never seeing either of them play. It's clear you never watched Jack Nunge in high school because there's no way in the world you would have compared the two. Nunge was a pick and pop player who had a massive growth spurt in high school possessing a perimeter-oriented skill set. Duncomb as a senior had Nunge by nearly 40 lbs.
Obviously saw Nunge, though you clearly did not. The comparison was based on both their sizes as well as the limited scope of their games. Was just amused that your hype machine is based on rivals rankings. It’s what people who never saw players rely on.

Obviously saw Nunge, though you clearly did not. The comparison was based on both their sizes as well as the limited scope of their games. Was just amused that your hype machine is based on rivals rankings. It’s what people who never saw players rely on.

Their sizes at 18 years old aren't comparable, neither is their skill set. Nunge was 6'9, 6'10 and weighed 190 lbs coming out of high school, who played inside out all the way out onto the perimeter. Duncomb is 6'9 230-235 (and still growing) that plays around the basket. Their ranking is irrelevant. Duncomb at 18 years old has a much more polished skill-set around the basket than Nunge every possessed in high school. If you'd watch either of them, you would know that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT