ADVERTISEMENT

Was Destewart Banned?

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
if so, that is BS unless I missed some vulgar post...which I doubt.

Look, the guy is a world class homer, but he was not disrespectful and he is certainly far more knowledgeable than the vast majority of the unwashed GBI trolls that slither over here.

I was busting his chops a little about their mess of a stadium but it was in fun. If I caused this, I apologize..

Look, the guy is a world class homer, but he was not disrespectful and he is certainly far more knowledgeable than the vast majority of the unwashed GBI trolls that slither over here.

I was busting his chops a little about their mess of a stadium but it was in fun. If I caused this, I apologize..

Is that guy a former Purdue coach? He has a deep connection with many coaches, supposedly, and then he gets on here with rational insight, only to be followed up with some childish smack talk at bizarre times.

If he doesn't want to get lumped in with the rest of his brethren he ought to speak out against some of the trolls. He seems passive aggressive. If he wants to talk about IU fine. He has a board to discuss Boiler ball.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Is that guy a former Purdue coach? He has a deep connection with many coaches, supposedly, and then he gets on here with rational insight, only to be followed up with some childish smack talk at bizarre times.
He's the Ordfan of the Purdue world.

Ordfan always liked to flaunt his (supposed) connections.

At least Destewart makes sense, occassionally. He definitely didn't do anything to get banned.

Censorship is a net negative. The GBI site could ban all Hoosier posters until he is freed. The guy has been posting since day 1

Censorship is a net negative. The GBI site could ban all Hoosier posters until he is freed. The guy has been posting since day 1
Go ahead, I wouldn’t go over to that mess, there isn’t anyone over there that is capable ( or willing ) to have a reasonable discussion.

Screw him.

He's a passive/aggressive twit who has proudly told his brethren on GBI that he's only here to cause "death by a thousand cuts"...

He adds zip to the INDIANA Football discussion and is only here to advertise for pu (at best)...

Reactions: CC Mac and kmathum

Not currently.

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
He is like the rest of us, we take sports WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. I can't condemn him for that, Lord knows I've been guilty of that for years.

Sometimes I wish I didn't even follow sports because I promise you, at the end of the day, it doesn't mean diddly.

GBI already censors in a big way and I believe we should have diversity of opinion here. Not trolls like Ord or some others but good debate keeps people sharp and helps to grow intellectual capacity.

Reactions: Hoosiersfan2018
I am still here. I did notice a post was banned. Surprised since I was really praising recruiting at both schools and reminding people that hopefully we all will see the day when the Bucket contest will again be relevant as it was 52 years ago in 1967 when the eyes of the Big Ten were on Bloomington and the resulting IU upset win sent the Hoosiers to their only Rose Bowl and the outcome also forged a three way tie for the Big Ten Championship with IU, Minnesota and Purdue all sitting at the top. Ironically there was a Purdue and IU connection in the Gophers forging the tie. The Minnesota QB that year was Phil Hagen whose son Mark starred for IU and has been a coach twice at Indiana and also coached at Purdue. The three way title marked the last time both IU and Minnesota were Big Ten champs.

Last edited:
I am still here. I did notice a post was banned. Surprised since I will really praising recruiting at both schools and reminding people that hopefully wecall will see the day when the Bucket contest will again be relevant as it was 52 years ago in 1967 when the eyes of the Big Ten were on Bloomington and the resulting IU upset win sent the Hoosiers to their only Rose Bowl and the outcome also forged a three way tie for the Big Ten Championship with IU, Minnesota and Purdue all sitting at the top. Ironically there was a Purdue and IU connection in the Gophers forging the tie. The Minnesota QB that year was Phil Hagen whose son Mark starred for IU and has been a coach twice at Indiana and also coached at Purdue. The three way title marked the last time both IU and Minnesota were Big Ten champs.
Very interesting tidbit - I did not know Mark Hagan's dad was QB for that Gopher team.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: td75 and 82IU
Very interesting tidbit - I did not know Mark Hagan's dad was QB for that Gopher team.

Thanks for the info.

Just when I thought I had finally come around to giving Mark Hagan the benefit of the doubt about his loyalties...back to the drawing board.

Reactions: DANC
GBI already censors in a big way and I believe we should have diversity of opinion here. Not trolls like Ord or some others but good debate keeps people sharp and helps to grow intellectual capacity.

I come here to read and discuss INDIANA Football not to have to wade thru who knows how many pu fanboy posts... If I wanted to read their views on their football team I'd go to their site.

I am still here.

image.jpg

I don't think there are many people coming here for intellectual growth and, if they are, they're going to be sorely disappointed.

I don't think there are many people coming here for intellectual growth and, if they are, they're going to be sorely disappointed.

Anyone who has a genuine interest in Big Ten football and basketball needs to frequent other school’s websites. When I took over the job of Big Ten Service Bureau In 1970 there was no place fans could go to find comprehensive individual and team statistical info for football or basketball. Having been a fan I recognized the void and so we implemented the sale of weekly Big Ten releases to fans for a nominal annual subscription fee. We also began marketing the Big Ten Records Book which until then was limited to media and officials of inference schools. Today there is a vast amount of data available, but almost 50 years ago, very little. It was a vastly different world in the pre computer age when analytics, Rivals, Scout, 247 Sports, recruiting rankings and the like were just a twinkle in some fan’s mind.

Anyone who has a genuine interest in Big Ten football and basketball needs to frequent other school’s websites. When I took over the job of Big Ten Service Bureau In 1970 there was no place fans could go to find comprehensive individual and team statistical info for football or basketball. Having been a fan I recognized the void and so we implemented the sale of weekly Big Ten releases to fans for a nominal annual subscription fee. We also began marketing the Big Ten Records Book which until then was limited to media and officials of inference schools. Today there is a vast amount of data available, but almost 50 years ago, very little. It was a vastly different world in the pre computer age when analytics, Rivals, Scout, 247 Sports, recruiting rankings and the like were just a twinkle in some fan’s mind.

What are your ties to Purdue? Alum? Just curious.

Reactions: Hoosiersfan2018
What are your ties to Purdue? Alum? Just curious.

My Daddy. Classmate of Wooden and waterboy on 1929 BT champs. Have a relative (Monroe Haas) who was an early IU alum. Have a Purdue great uncle who was classmate of Booth Tarkington, John T McCitcheon and George Ade. I am a DePauw alum.

I have no desire to go to another teams message board and can find out about any team I want without going to message boards.

My Daddy. Classmate of Wooden and waterboy on 1929 BT champs. Have a relative (Monroe Haas) who was an early IU alum. Have a Purdue great uncle who was classmate of Booth Tarkington, John T McCitcheon and George Ade. I am a DePauw alum.

Regardless, I am glad you weren't banned. Posed me off when I thought it had happened.

DePauw had a rough year after 4 pretty good ones. Is Lynch stepping aside? I know he’s 64 now.

Maybe you should come over from the dark side and be an Iu fan

I have many IU friends. I hope we meet again in a meaningful football game.
I have no desire to go to another teams message board and can find out about any team I want without going to message boards.

You will never truly be informed by being exposed only to what is being said or written about your team, or anyone else, by those who support the same e team. I loved my fraternity brothers. But always enjoyed spending time with friends from other houses as well as independents. Working for the Big Ten was one of the great experiences of a very diverse and expansive professional career. Imagine being able to spend non working time with the likes of Bump Elliott, Elroy Hirsch, Bill Orwig, George King, Tippy Dye, Don Canham, Biggie Munn, Paul Giel, Fred Taylor, Johnny Orr, The General, Ara Parseghian, Fred Schaus, John Pont and many, many more. When the whistle blows there is great competition and everyone wants to win. When the gun sounds foes remain friends and share dedication to the student-athletes and the sport. Never forget the Big Ten is the only athletic conference in the country that no school has ever voluntarily left to go to another conference. One hundred and twenty-four years of association with institutions that share common athletic and Academic philosophies and goals. The folks in Louisville never quite understood why Brohm would not return to his alma mater. In the last seventy-five years you can count on the fingers of both hands the football coaches who have left the Big Ten to go elsewhere. And even most of those who did found prosperity absent in their next endeavor. And yes, the most notable exception is Saban.

I have many IU friends. I hope we meet again in a meaningful football game.

You will never truly be informed by being exposed only to what is being said or written about your team, or anyone else, by those who support the same e team. I loved my fraternity brothers. But always enjoyed spending time with friends from other houses as well as independents. Working for the Big Ten was one of the great experiences of a very diverse and expansive professional career. Imagine being able to spend non working time with the likes of Bump Elliott, Elroy Hirsch, Bill Orwig, George King, Tippy Dye, Don Canham, Biggie Munn, Paul Giel, Fred Taylor, Johnny Orr, The General, Ara Parseghian, Fred Schaus, John Pont and many, many more. When the whistle blows there is great competition and everyone wants to win. When the gun sounds foes remain friends and share dedication to the student-athletes and the sport. Never forget the Big Ten is the only athletic conference in the country that no school has ever voluntarily left to go to another conference. One hundred and twenty-four years of association with institutions that share common athletic and Academic philosophies and goals. The folks in Louisville never quite understood why Brohm would not return to his alma mater. In the last seventy-five years you can count on the fingers of both hands the football coaches who have left the Big Ten to go elsewhere. And even most of those who did found prosperity absent in their next endeavor. And yes, the most notable exception is Saban.
Can't bring yourself to say his name even yet, can you? ;)

Reactions: 76-1
Can't bring yourself to say his name even yet, can you? ;)

Who, you mean my pal Bobby? I use the term with affection. Mid 80’s and My youngest son wants to go to Bobby’s camp so I send in his application and the check for camp. Comes the Sunday we drive down from Chicago and I go into old Fieldhouse with wife and son, Matt. Introduce them to Bob and we visit a few minutes and I know he is busy so he tells me Matt will be rooming with Pat and we head off but not before he hands me and envelope and strides away to take care of other campers. I open the envelope and it contains my check. I tell my wife I will find him and give it back. I walk up and say “Thank you Bob, but I can afford to send him.” Bob gives me that unmistakable look and says, “Mike, you can leave him here on my terms or take him home on your terms.” Any guess on who won that exchange?

Last edited:
Ok, Des. I knew you were a DePauw guy from years of posts. Didn't know your BT ties though. SO, I HAVE TO ASK...re the infamous tie-breaker in '73, it was a former M man turned Badger, who was the swing vote, right??

Oh, and after perusing DePauw and Wabash football rosters a few months ago, your alma mater needs to get back to recruiting da Region!!

Who, you mean my pal Bobby? I use the term with affection. Mid 80’s and My youngest son wants to go to Bobby’s camp so I send in his application and the check for camp. Comes the Sunday we drive down from Chicago and I go into old Fieldhouse with wife and son, Matt. Introduce them to Bob and we visit a few minutes and I know he is busy so he tells me Matt will be rooming with Pat and we head off but not before he hands me and envelope and strides away to take care of other campers. I open the envelope and it contains my check. I tell my wife I will find him and give it back. I walk up and say “Thank you Bob, but I can afford to send him.” Bob gives me that unmistakable look and says, “Mike, you can leave him here on my terms or take him home on your terms.” Any guess on who won that exchange?
When were you at DePauw? It wasn't in '73 - '74 was it?

ADVERTISEMENT