ADVERTISEMENT

WaPo and NBC: Kushner is the FBI's "person of interest"

Follow the $$$! In the end, the investigation will likely have less to do with election tampering and more to do with financial entanglements with Russian players.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Follow the $$$! In the end, the investigation will likely have less to do with election tampering and more to do with financial entanglements with Russian players.
And/or playing fast and loose with the rules pertaining to disclosure of those entanglements. Lying about financial matters could be considered more serious than lying about a blow job. Or not. It probably depends more on the politics than the lie.

However, this does not mean he is a suspect or target. It only means the FBI thinks he may have information relevant to the probe.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...i-scrutiny-russia-probe-say-officials-n764826

Why is this guy relevant at all? Since when did son in laws become senior advisors? Was he elected? Does he have ANY relevant experience in world affairs, defense matters, international relations, public policy, on and on? How did Kushner become an individual that perhaps our national direction resides with? What kind of friggn joke world are we living in? Thats the real question in my mind; WHY HE IS HE A PERSON OF INTEREST AT ALL?

And/or playing fast and loose with the rules pertaining to disclosure of those entanglements. Lying about financial matters could be considered more serious than lying about a blow job. Or not. It probably depends more on the politics than the lie.

I think they'll eventually get Trump on obstruction of justice. Flynn has already committed a felony. Not sure where Sessions lying about Russian contacts ranks on the crime scale.

I think they'll eventually get Trump on obstruction of justice.
Depends on the value of get. That he's already guilty of it isn't a question. Now it's just a matter of how smoky the gun is, and whether or not those doing the getting are up to meting out the consequences.

why wasn't the fbi investigating this as it was happening?

The FBI tried to investigate during the campaign by doing a forensic examination of the GOP and the Democrat servers. The GOP welcomed the investigation and examination. The FBI looked at the GOP servers twice. They found some unsuccessful attempts at hacking.

The Democrats on the other hand told the FBI to pound sand. Then the Democrats go ape shit with an allegedly successful Russian hack that maybe could have been stopped in its tracks. We learned later that the Democrats were hiding unethical practices and improper collusion with the media.

The FBI tried to investigate during the campaign by doing a forensic examination of the GOP and the Democrat servers. The GOP welcomed the investigation and examination. The FBI looked at the GOP servers twice. They found some unsuccessful attempts at hacking.

The Democrats on the other hand told the FBI to pound sand. Then the Democrats go ape shit with an allegedly successful Russian hack that maybe could have been stopped in its tracks. We learned later that the Democrats were hiding unethical practices and improper collusion with the media.

ok, but when about when trump associates were meeting around the globe with russian conduits? Why wasn't the cia/fbi tailing these meetings?

Depends on the value of get. That he's already guilty of it isn't a question. Now it's just a matter of how smoky the gun is, and whether or not those doing the getting are up to meting out the consequences.

I only say "eventually" hoping that enough non-republicans make it into congress to actually do something about Trump. I don't believe for a minute that congressional republicans will do anything. They're more likely to have another Benghazi hearing.

You may be right. But then, if it took place in the last couple of years when Trump was running for the presidency, why would Kushner dare to do shady deals with the Russians? Isn't that more of concern than Clinton's usage of a private server?

You may be right. But then, if it took place in the last couple of years when Trump was running for the presidency, why would Kushner dare to do shady deals with the Russians? Isn't that more of concern than Clinton's usage of a private server?

I'd say all these things will be demonstrated to be related to some degree. At best, it appears that Trump and his team were handily manipulated by the Russians.

In other words, no matter what the outcome of the investigations, there are no great eventual outcomes for them. Either they colluded with the Russians and engaged in shady business practices or did something far, far worse.

why wasn't the fbi investigating this as it was happening?
The FBI investigates - or is supposed to only investigate - crime. So far a veritable parade of officials - huge majority of them Democrat officials or appointees, including intel and justice appointees, have said that they have seen no evidence of collusion at all. Collusion regarding a campaign - even IF there was collusion that folks say there is not - isn't a crime. This horse is dead. Even the voice of the Democratic Party, Representative Maxine Waters, says there is no evidence.

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
This thread is not about Hillary Clinton. It is not about Benghazi. It is not about Soros. It is about the FBI's interest in Jared Kushner. Let's keep it that way. If you guys want to have the 178,358th fight about Benghazi, start another thread, please.

So he's corrupt AND stupid.

I dont think he is that stupid. He is cunning.

Think about it -- his Dad landed up in jail for bending the law and we are not talking about jaywalking here. He grew up in such an environment. After a while, it becomes normalised that you will be pissed off at the law for jailing him and in specifically, Chris Christie for prosecuting his dad.

Having worked in similar environments, your personal prism gets wrapped. (It was an eye opener the first year or so.)

If you get caught break the law, you dont see it as breaking the law -- you just got caught and usually blame your competitor or in their case, the political enemies for snitching on you. Then the next step is to pay youtr way out of court or the judge. (In a couple of countries, I have a few phones numbers I keep handly that would help me in case...)

Its like once you cross the white line and into 50 Shades territory, you see regulations or law as hurdles. This is why I could never work back in the States again. It would 'frustrate' me -- as I will always find a way over here to get things done. (In some projects, my colleague from the States had to step outside the room for deniability sake, in case they had to testify in congressional hearings.)

The Trumps worked in these sort of environment for decades. How do you think they see the world?

The reason what Trump pisses me off is because I dont want to think of the States as one of the banana republics I used to work in. I see all the signs of what he is doing and how he is treating the country my family lives.

Probably because those meetings are not illegal. But that is just a guess.

If Flynn was discussing Russian sanctions while the Trump camp while still in the transition phase, that could be a violation of the Logan Act. Whether anyone will pursue that is questionable.

Meeting with the Russians is not necessarily illegal unless there is interference. Not reporting them during confirmation hearings is subject to perjury charges. Doubt that will happen, though it is interesting to note that a number of people completely forgot about those meetings.

The world's gone ape shite over two buddies wanting to chat privately over their love of ice hockey?

What a waste of tax payer's money!!

What about Hillary? Why not have an investigation on her emails?, Vincent Foster? Whitewater? or Benghazi? Why havent we had anything on that?

Oh how unfair!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT