ADVERTISEMENT

Walton is just awful...

Not once have u heard him talk basketball the entire game! Literally this biggest hippy and all he talks about is crap that has nothing to do with the game if basketball! Dear lord get rid of this guy!

Reactions: Hoosiermamalou
He's a mentally spastic dipshit as an announcer. ESPN corporate should know better.

Are we talking about the same ESPN that uses short attention graphics everywhere on the SVP show (yes, I watched it once, once) pushes politics over sports and still thinks Tiger Woods is relevant?

You whiners know there’s an app you can use and sync Fisch from the radio right? Welcome to 2015.....
Watching the game on hulu doesn't synch up well. I get fisch telling me what's going to happen before it happens.

Watching a game on ESPN 2 shouldn't require listening to the radio broadcast anyway. He did nearly zero analysis of the game he was working on.

And the play-by-play announcer wasn't any better. They acted like since they weren't at the game, he could pretend he was just having a zoom conversation with Walton from his basement.

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
You whiners know there’s an app you can use and sync Fisch from the radio right? Welcome to 2015.....

Calling a turd a turd isn't whining, just observation. Good you enjoyed it, for my part listen to basketball for the basketball, not some babbling BS delirium. ESPN should be and sound like ESPN, not bad downmarket 3:00 AM talk radio.

Watching the game on hulu doesn't synch up well. I get fisch telling me what's going to happen before it happens.

Watching a game on ESPN 2 shouldn't require listening to the radio broadcast anyway. He did nearly zero analysis of the game he was working on.

And the play-by-play announcer wasn't any better. They acted like since they weren't at the game, he could pretend he was just having a zoom conversation with Walton from his basement.

They WEREN’T at the game. Also, that’s their schtick. Stay up late and watch them do a PAC 12 game sometime and you’ll get it.

Reactions: Brockway
They WEREN’T at the game. Also, that’s their schtick. Stay up late and watch them do a PAC 12 game sometime and you’ll get it.
Yeah, I know they weren't at the game. I mentioned it in my reply. But, I'm pretty sure that their jobs are to pretend and call the game like they were.

I would never voluntarily go seek a non-IU game that included Walton as an "announcer." LMAO

Last edited:
I honestly enjoyed him. Certainly an acquired taste, but original nonetheless.

He is one of a kind and if you enjoy listening to his semi coherent rambling that is fine. Just don't expect to hear much relevant to the game at hand or basketball in general. He comes up empty there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT