ADVERTISEMENT

Wall Street Journal on Wuhan Covid

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Not sure this has been discussed - I don't read everything buried inside - but an 8/15 article says "gain of function" got loose -

My doctor put me onto it and says get ready for vaccines forever.

Evidence:

The U.S. CDC wasn’t allowed to visit the city of Wuhan or the Wuhan Institute of Virology in early 2020. Still no explanation why.

On Sept. 12, 2019, coronavirus bat sequences were deleted from the institute’s database. (no idea how they know this)

It changed the security protocols for the lab. (same Q)

It put out requests for more than $600 million for a new ventilation system. (same)

China CDC and WHO pushed the "came from a bat and wet market" story, but neither SARS nor MERS ever spread like this one, so its "not biologically plausible" that this went bat-animal-human.

Covid SARS-CoV-2 has a thing that allows its spike protein to attach more easily with a human cell, as if lab animals were given human cells - i.e. gain of function activities, the more biologically plausible explanation.

U.S. State Department reported that Wuhan lab employees were becoming sick with Covid-like symptoms in the fall of 2019.

Gain-of-function also suggests easier transmission/variants as seen with Covid.

Satellite images show a shutdown of traffic around the Wuhan lab in the late summer and early fall of 2019, followed by higher hospital; parking lot traffic. .

Chinese scientists did what Fauci now does - parses for a narrow definition of “gain of function”

The evidence supports a virus that jumped from a bat to a lab, not to a rat or a rabbit.

One author was a CDC director. The other was a professor of medicine but also a Fox News medical correspondent, so the left can say its all BS.

Sorry if already posted.

Not sure this has been discussed - I don't read everything buried inside - but an 8/15 article says "gain of function" got loose -

Evidence:

The U.S. CDC wasn’t allowed to visit the city of Wuhan or the Wuhan Institute of Virology in early 2020. Still no explanation why.

On Sept. 12, 2019, coronavirus bat sequences were deleted from the institute’s database. (no idea how they know this)

It put out requests for more than $600 million for a new ventilation system. (same)

China CDC and WHO pushed the "came from a bat and wet market" story, but neither SARS nor MERS ever spread like this one, so its "not biologically plausible" that this went bat-animal-human.

Covid SARS-CoV-2 has a thing that allows its spike protein to attach more easily with a human cell, as if lab animals were given human cells - i.e. gain of function activities, the more biologically plausible explanation.

U.S. State Department reported that Wuhan lab employees were becoming sick with Covid-like symptoms in the fall of 2019.

Satellite images show a shutdown of traffic around the Wuhan lab in the late summer and early fall of 2019, followed by higher hospital; parking lot traffic. .

Chinese scientists did what Fauci now does - parses for a narrow definition of “gain of function”

The evidence supports a virus that jumped from a bat to a lab, not to a rat or a rabbit.

One author was a CDC director. The other was a professor of medicine but also a Fox News medical correspondent, so the left can say its all BS.

Sorry if already posted.

Yea it was an opinion article from Redfield and some other Fox News guy.

There are some valid points, but there is also some conspiracy theory element that harms the collective need for a global response to China. The CCP needs to answer for its negligence and behavior.

Reactions: IUAPEX
Yea it was an opinion article from Redfield and some other Fox News guy.

There are some valid points, but there is also some conspiracy theory element that harms the collective need for a global response to China. The CCP needs to answer for its negligence and behavior.
The CCP will be let off the hook & protected since we were paying for this research.🙁

I read it, but it was basically just an op-ed. Not really anything that had any new information that hasn't been out there for a few months now.

We have hackers too...
I’ve often wondered how good we are. We’re always hearing about catching other state sponsored hackers, but rarely hear about ours getting caught. Are we better & not getting caught, not as active offensively? With all of the Defense stuff getting stolen, we sure don’t seem to be great at Cyber Security public or private, hopefully we’re better offensively…

I’ve often wondered how good we are. We’re always hearing about catching other state sponsored hackers, but rarely hear about ours getting caught. Are we better & not getting caught, not as active offensively? With all of the Defense stuff getting stolen, we sure don’t seem to be great at Cyber Security public or private, hopefully we’re better offensively…
All of our tools from 15 years ago are the basis of a lot of the tools being used by the bad actors of the world. The capabilities that Snowden exposed are now generations ahead of where they were.

I read it, but it was basically just an op-ed. Not really anything that had any new information that hasn't been out there for a few months now.
Some virologists feel the Chinese may be hiding something else about the interaction between two different markets in Wuhan. These are the Huanan which was thought to be the original source and the larger, but lesser-known (Internationally, at least) Baishazhou which recently uncovered data has revealed actually had at least two vendors who dealt with live animals...

A WHO delegation visited Wuhan earlier this year, and when they visited the Baishazou the Chinese officials told them it only sold frozen food, ingredients, and kitchenware. But a recently revealed study compiled over the past 30 months revealed the details regarding the vendors who sold wild animals. And interestingly enough, one of the first recorded covid cluster cases in Wuhan involved a Huanan stall employee who regularly traded goods back and forth between the two markets...

Evidence:

Sorry if already posted.
This should be blocked and you should be canceled. This is dangerous and very irresponsible to report. Plus, it's racist.

I'm being facetious, but almost everyone in this thread blasted the doctors, posters, and politicians that said these EXACT statements you just posted, from a very strong evidential basis mind you; and, were canceled, deleted, sued, etc. It's almost like a bad movie.

This should be blocked and you should be canceled. This is dangerous and very irresponsible to report. Plus, it's racist.

I'm being facetious, but almost everyone in this thread blasted the doctors, posters, and politicians that said these EXACT statements you just posted, from a very strong evidential basis mind you; and, were canceled, deleted, sued, etc. It's almost like a bad movie.

that didn’t happen at all. Everyone except outside shot demands answers from the CCP. The world should make the Chinese assholes pay.

So, which members of this board have been canceled, deleted, and/or sued? Hell, even an avowed Nazi sympathizer feels comfortable weighing in with his opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT