ADVERTISEMENT

Wait a minute, I thought Donovan Hale was..

Pigalow

All-American
Nov 8, 2012
done. He has 1 more year? I lost track of the RS seasons or whatnot, if so.

Any reason to think they would not? Have to have some of the best career numbers for returning WRs in the B1G, no?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I hope coach DeBoer can see with a stronger armed QB and quality WR to go along with our talented slot and TEs that we see a more open passing game. There is little reason for IU not to have a 5,000 yd offense if the OL has a decent year. Our receivers should split up 3500 yds with the RBs 1500+ yds.

Yeah he and Westbrook have 1 more year.
Excellent. If he can just stay healthy for a full season, he has potential to be a dominant WR physically. They COULD be a dynamic duo next year, if the right things fall into place. Gotta' have a QB that can get it to them though, that's the biggest "if" at the moment.

Excellent. If he can just stay healthy for a full season, he has potential to be a dominant WR physically. They COULD be a dynamic duo next year, if the right things fall into place. Gotta' have a QB that can get it to them though, that's the biggest "if" at the moment.
I think it's more of a "when" than an "if." We've got that QB.

Also too, I know CTA likes a running QB, or one that CAN run anyway, but I think it would be prudent of us to protect our QB('s)& limit their hits, do away with some of the designed runs. I don't think we can afford the injury risk.

they didn't show much last season. that would be one reason
I hope they can reach their potential. We have had 4 years of stats to look at. I expect their production to be within those numbers until proven wrong. I do agree a stronger armed QB may change that a bit but..... I haven’t seen a WR impress for quite a while.

Hale and Crawford came in together but Hale redshirted. He was originally given a shot at QB and IIRC actually played one or two series at QB for CKW before moving permanently to WR. He’s always been regarded as one of the best all around athletes on the team - I think he won a team dunk contest once. I don’t think the check down scheme was a good match for his skill set.

Hale and Crawford came in together but Hale redshirted. He was originally given a shot at QB and IIRC actually played one or two series at QB for CKW before moving permanently to WR. He’s always been regarded as one of the best all around athletes on the team - I think he won a team dunk contest once. I don’t think the check down scheme was a good match for his skill set.
WR's were not the problem with the passing game last year. I only saw them show their frustration a few times which i thought was admirable.

Give them a B1G QB and you have a great passing attack.

TomT

Any reason to think they would not? Have to have some of the best career numbers for returning WRs in the B1G, no?
Well, Westbrook has nice career #'s, but Hale not so much, because he's missed SO much time. Last year he looked good early, but started to get hurt, & kinda' disappeared when he did play, to be honest. He has the potential though. Excellent size, athleticism, strength, everything you need, physically anyway.

These WRs all had standout seasons:
Cody Latimer (2013)
Shane Wynn (2014)
Simmie Cobbs (2015)
Nick Westbrook (2016)
Simmie Cobbs (2017)

You know, I went and looked at the years you listed. I thought of the Cody and first Cobb season you listed but doubted the others. I stand corrected. Our guys were in the top 10 total yards in the Big each of the years except the Wynn year. Decent years but not great years.... but not nearly as poor as I thought.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT