ADVERTISEMENT

Voter ID

Here's an interesting question. Which never Trumper said this?

"I'd love to add something even meaner to your description of Donald Trump - he's the sort of person I want to keep kicking once he's down-but I don't think I can," "You've said it all: He is the single most repulsive person on the planet."

"That said, I still plan to write about him sometime. I don't think I'll be able to help it. Horrible as he is (or perhaps because he is so horrible), Trump is interesting, or at least more so than most candidates,"

Now that's what you call "damning with faint praise"... Guesses as to the author?
Interesting, I’ve never had any desire to earn the respect of a piece of shit like you.

BTW I moved back to the sticks to make my fortune.
Sticks? Is that where the rubes live?

So we are clear, this should come down too right? We should not have statues of "enemies of the Union (i.e. the United States)" right? That guy fought against the U.S. on several occasions.

I am not saying we need confederate statues but using your criteria....
I don't believe Tecumseh was ever a US citizen, so he couldn't really be called a Traitor.
Do you have a REALISTIC example to illustrate your pretty ridiculous claim?

2,000 cops being injured, countless deaths, tens of millions in property damage, cities losing businesses, individuals losing livelihoods. stuff like that. it's not always easy to discern the bad guys from the good guys - especially on day 103 of peaceful protests

Yup and all that was done by antifa/blm. No counter-protestors at all..not even a rittenhouse...oh wait, nevermind.

Lindsey? Wait, but he's not a never Trumper anymore. He changed his mind.
You're on the right track (get it?), but it wasn't a politician. Still, there's a reason why this particular quote struck me as relevant in this particular thread/discussion...

Reactions: DrHoops
Yup and all that was done by antifa/blm. No counter-protestors at all..not even a rittenhouse...oh wait, nevermind.
The new data on fatalities and violence at American protests comes from a database created by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data project (ACLED), a non-profit, working in collaboration with a group of researchers at Princeton

The Armed Conflict and Event Data project which started monitoring political violence in Yemen and later included other areas including the middle east,Asia and Europe determined that 25 people died as a result of political violence during the BLM protests...

."ACLED found that the overwhelming majority of the more than 9.000 Black Lives Matter demonstrations that took place across the US after the killing of George Floyd have been peaceful. News reports at the height of demonstrations over Floyd’s killing cited dozens of deaths in connection with protests, but many of those turned out to be examples of deadly crimes carried out in the vicinity of protests, rather than directly related to the demonstrations themselves, the researchers concluded. ACLED’s dataset only focuses on political violence."

Of the 25, 11 were people killed while participating in actual demonstrations. Of those 9 were people participating in BLM protests and 2 were people participating in pro-Trump rallies. Most of those killed were by guns, but there were also instances of vehicles running over people...

Since most of those killed in connection with BLM rallies were participants, 9 is actually a pretty small-term relative to 9000 rallies studied. Since there were 4 killed on Jan 6 (along with Sicknick and the other LEO who later committed suicide) that's basically 6 people dying as a result of a single incident. Luckily the BLM demonstrations didn't result in anywhere approaching an average of 6 fatalities, or we really would have had "countless deaths"...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The people killed by vehicle would probably be caused by anti-blm people.

But anyone that harmed someone or caused property damage should be charged with the appropriate crime.

Last edited:
The new data on fatalities and violence at American protests comes from a database created by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data project (ACLED), a non-profit, working in collaboration with a group of researchers at Princeton

The Armed Conflict and Event Data project which started monitoring political violence in Yemen and later included other areas including the middle east,Asia and Europe determined that 25 people died as a result of political violence during the BLM protests...

."ACLED found that the overwhelming majority of the more than 9.000 Black Lives Matter demonstrations that took place across the US after the killing of George Floyd have been peaceful. News reports at the height of demonstrations over Floyd’s killing cited dozens of deaths in connection with protests, but many of those turned out to be examples of deadly crimes carried out in the vicinity of protests, rather than directly related to the demonstrations themselves, the researchers concluded. ACLED’s dataset only focuses on political violence."

Of the 25, 11 were people killed while participating in actual demonstrations. Of those 9 were people participating in BLM protests and 2 were people participating in pro-Trump rallies. Most of those killed were by guns, but there were also instances of vehicles running over people...

Since most of those killed in connection with BLM rallies were participants, 9 is actually a pretty small-term relative to 9000 rallies studied. Since there were 4 killed on Jan 6 (along with Sicknick and the other LEO who later committed suicide) that's basically 6 people dying as a result of a single incident. Luckily the BLM demonstrations didn't result in anywhere approaching an average of 6 fatalities, or we really would have had "countless deaths"...

Lol all over a false narrative. You truly are the dumbest poster on this board. And that’s saying a lot. Thousands injured. Businesses destroyed. People’s livelihoods. All they worked for. All during a pandemic. Cosmic I hope you are a 100 years old. That’s the only way to explain your stupidity. Posting bs. The Fing things went on over a 100 days. Just scrolling your stupid feed trying to find something to say see Jan 6 was worse than the summer of love. How stupid. You have an airbag between your ears.

I’m done. Too much of a waste to read the inane writings of fools like you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
Lol all over a false narrative. You truly are the dumbest poster on this board. And that’s saying a lot. Thousands injured. Businesses destroyed. People’s livelihoods. All they worked for. All during a pandemic. Cosmic I hope you are a 100 years old. That’s the only way to explain your stupidity. Posting bs. The Fing things went on over a 100 days. Just scrolling your stupid feed trying to find something to say see Jan 6 was worse than the summer of love. How stupid. You have an airbag between your ears.

I’m done. Too much of a waste to read the inane writings of fools like you.

Shorter and more eloquent Mcm:

"I'm pissed off that I don't have data to bring to the conversation, so I'll lash out like a 5-year old and mock people who take time to bring actual data, however flawed it may be."

;)

Reactions: IU_Hickory

"I'm pissed off that I don't have data to bring to the conversation, so I'll lash out like a 5-year old and mock people who take time to bring actual data, however flawed it may be."

;)

he was trying to line up the info with his right wing propaganda print out and realized nothing was lining up.

he was trying to line up the info with his right wing propaganda print out and realized nothing was lining up.

I don't think you can credibly look at mcm's posts and suggest that he's a right wing propagandist. He's a business-focused conservative to be sure, but he's a thoughtful guy who has shown a willingness to criticize both sides of the aisle.

But, more than anything, he's really pissed off about a lot of stuff that has very little to do with politics. ;)

His criticizing is vastly slanted one direction on the political spectrum and has posted/liked a lot of the rightwing propaganda.

I'll give you he is slightly less crazy than some of the other posters.

I don't believe Tecumseh was ever a US citizen, so he couldn't really be called a Traitor.
Do you have a REALISTIC example to illustrate your pretty ridiculous claim?
The standard set out in the original post was "enemies of the Union", Tecumseh was very clearly that. Fix your standard to make sure that you get it down to the old white people you don't like without getting all the "I" thrown in with the BIPOC acronym many of your political allies fell in love with a few years ago.

Then when you get done narrowing that standard down, make sure your idiot allies that were yanking abolitionists, Grant, and Lincoln down last year realize that it really hurts your argument that it isn't just old white people you all are against.

When it comes with the political left, you all never stop where you claim the line is because you are ****ing liars. It is how we ended up going from love is love to middle schoolers being asked to declare their pronouns in the past decade.

;)
I’ve posted the data a thousand times. That you have the temerity to be gone for months and post your BS is, well, you.

I’ve posted the data a thousand times. That you have the temerity to be gone for months and post your BS is, well, you.
It doesn't matter, if you bring data they would attack your source. Outside Shooter around anywhere, the whole natural spread of COVID thing is breaking down all over. There were people sharing that kind of data a year ago and the same people accusing you of not bringing data now would have shot down that data as being a conspiracy theory.

The only data they will accept is the data produced by their favorite propaganda organs.

It doesn't matter, if you bring data they would attack your source. Outside Shooter around anywhere, the whole natural spread of COVID thing is breaking down all over. There were people sharing that kind of data a year ago and the same people accusing you of not bringing data now would have shot down that data as being a conspiracy theory.

The only data they will accept is the data produced by their favorite propaganda organs.
The data I’ve posted repeatedly was from DOJ. They track every unarmed killing by cops by race annually.

Btw have you considered a change in you screen name to ButHisNastyTweets?
That’s consecutive posts you forgot the emoji. Btw, I might, but I need a frame of reference. Who and what are you referring to? And, when you reply, don’t forget the emoji.

His criticizing is vastly slanted one direction on the political spectrum and has posted/liked a lot of the rightwing propaganda.

He is far more objective and big picture focused than you are.

Far more.

Not sore loser at all. I’ve accepted it but I want proper safeguards in place for 2024 and forward. And don’t tell me there’s no proof. The mail in ballots are such a mess no one can prove anything.

ahh — you want “safeguards” to protect a system that was developed over the last 200 + years in 50 states and by both parties?
Huge mess? Not a single judge agreed. Weird.
I’m a conservative looking for a new party. This is and always was a BS stunt to pinch the margins in future elections. The world wouldn’t end if foot soldiers like you would just admit this is utter crap. Seriously, try it.

Looks like I was right when I said,

But, more than anything, he's really pissed off about a lot of stuff that has very little to do with politics. ;)

But I have to say that I really like the headshot you took for the Lawyers Association of St. Louis.

22395eb10096b579c928f625a77a0dab.jpg

Might want to try a new caption though. ;)

Looks like I was right when I said,

But I have to say that I really like the headshot you took for the Lawyers Association of St. Louis.

22395eb10096b579c928f625a77a0dab.jpg

Might want to try a new caption though. ;)
I do miss your creativity hoosboot and hope you're well. here's the data: in 2019 1,004 people were fatally shot by cops - 235 were black, which is less than the black crime rate would predict when you consider 52% of violent crime is committed by blacks while only comprising 13% of the population. in 2019 - 9 unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites were fatally shot by police. This was the backdrop for the protests of 2020. excessive police force certainly exists, as does racism and profiling, but the narrative that there's systemic racism as it relates to police killings isn't supported by data. hence what gave rise to the anger and protests was a false narrative

Last edited:
I do miss your creativity hoosboot and hope you're well. here's the data: in 2019 1,004 people were fatally shot by cops - 235 were black, which is less than the black crime rate would predict when you consider 52% of violent crime is committed by blacks while only comprising 13% of the population. in 2019 - 9 unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites were fatally shot by police. This was the backdrop for the protests of 2020. excessive police force certainly exists, as does racism and profiling, but the narrative that there's systemic racism as it relates to police killings isn't supported by data. hence what gave rise to the anger and protests was a false narrative

Backatcha, mcm. Hope that you're enjoying your summer and those fleeting days with your precocious teen.

But, it's so very you to offer statistics about racial demographics in fatal police shootings to counter statistics on fatalities and violence at American protests. Maybe next time you'll offer statistics about the best tomatoes to use to make the perfect red sauce. It will speak to the subject equally as well. ;)

Backatcha, mcm. Hope that you're enjoying your summer and those fleeting days with your precocious teen.

But, it's so very you to offer statistics about racial demographics in fatal police shootings to counter statistics on fatalities and violence at American protests. Maybe next time you'll offer statistics about the best tomatoes to use to make the perfect red sauce. It will speak to the subject equally as well. ;)
it'd be better in LA but thank you. hope yours are well too! if memory serves me you had one searching for colleges? the false narrative i was alluding to was the pretense for the protests and the riots. perhaps there was a "failure to communicate." as to violence and fatalities over last summer i've posted those statistics numerous times. just by way of example the Major Cities Chiefs Association did a report that's summarized below categorizing the extent of the violence last summer, which included 2,000 cops injured

Why can’t you just admit these folks along with others on the

And you’re just a non partisan poster posting unbiased facts. 👀

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC

This is the consequence of a combination of a politicized DOJ and Democrat rhetoric pretending laws that mostly expand voter access relative to non-pandemic elections are equivalent to voter suppression.

Reactions: jet812

This is the consequence of a combination of a politicized DOJ and Democrat rhetoric pretending laws that mostly expand voter access relative to non-pandemic elections are equivalent to voter suppression.
FWIW, DOJ is correct on that point. Whether or not a change in voting procedures is lawful has nothing to do with the reason for the previous change. Put simply, just because a change was made in response to Covid does not necessarily mean that reverting to the previous status would be lawful. It would still depend on the intentions and effects of the laws, and Covid would be irrelevant.

But it's really just a technical point. In other words, anyone fired up by that language in DOJ's guidance is getting bent out of shape for no reason.

ADVERTISEMENT