ADVERTISEMENT

Vonleh joins a Chinese league

giphy.gif

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
My lasting memory of Vonleh's 1 year at IU was sitting out the last few games of the season (IU was on the bubble) due to injury, but lots of speculation he was afraid to get injured and hurt his draft prospects. He went #9 overall to Charlotte.
CTC's worst season as an IU coach. Yogi, Sr Sheehey, OAD Vonleh, Troy Williams, Stan Robinson, Devin Davis, Hollowell, and Hanner, and can't even get into the NIT. Preconf record full of padded cupcakes. Lose final home game vs Nebraska and then typical first round flush out in the B1G tourney. Luke Fisher spends 3 months in town and then gets the hell out of here.

CTC's worst season as an IU coach. Yogi, Sr Sheehey, OAD Vonleh, Troy Williams, Stan Robinson, Devin Davis, Hollowell, and Hanner, and can't even get into the NIT. Preconf record full of padded cupcakes. Lose final home game vs Nebraska and then typical first round flush out in the B1G tourney. Luke Fisher spends 3 months in town and then gets the hell out of here.
Train wreck!

Dude, buzzkill. Please do not remind us of that.

We’re Back! Fred’s inexperience and lack of expertise really started to show.

My lasting memory of Vonleh's 1 year at IU was sitting out the last few games of the season (IU was on the bubble) due to injury, but lots of speculation he was afraid to get injured and hurt his draft prospects. He went #9 overall to Charlotte.
Charlotte fan here. We've started drafting better the last couple drafts, I swear.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
He never had control.
the only control he 'had' before was the fact that Hulls, CWat, Cody and VO seemed like driven young men who didn't need babysitting.

That was obviously not the case with next batch...and everything blew up. We are truly lucky no one got killed during that period...and even that was CLOSE.

Glad this is in our rear view mirror.

the only control he 'had' before was the fact that Hulls, CWat, Cody and VO seemed like driven young men who didn't need babysitting.

That was obviously not the case with next batch...and everything blew up. We are truly lucky no one got killed during that period...and even that was CLOSE.

Agreed, but he never had control of those four, either. They had control of themselves.

Indeed.

Emmit Holt and Hanner M-P. Hanner may have been the biggest bust in the 30 years I've been watching IU. He was a 5 star recruit at one point!
Andre Patterson, Charlie Miller, etc etc. Unfortunately, the list gets pretty long. These guys are probably past your 30 yr timeline, but a bust is a bust.

Andre Patterson, Charlie Miller, etc etc. Unfortunately, the list gets pretty long. These guys are probably past your 30 yr timeline, but a bust is a bust.
Richard Mandeville was another one from way back when. Emmitt Holt was one whose departure really bummed me out. I thought the kid had potential along with the spirit within. Bracey Wright was never right with me. Andrea Patterson should have been on the track team rather than basketball.

Like Larry Bird?
Yes, but at the time Larry quit (before he got started) we didn’t appreciate what a HUGE loss he would prove to be. He was not a particularly exciting recruit of well renown to fans, coming from such a small school in one of the hidden valleys of southern Indiana. Even a lot of IU fans today don’t know he was once committed to play for Bob Knight.

Have you ever seen Charlie Miller on the Indiana Sports Beat Radio Podcast? He loves Indiana. For a kid out of Florida he might have more love for the state and Indiana Basketball than some of our home grown kids.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
True, although I bet those processed cheeses in Wisconsin are like a dirty word in church.
it is..was just thinking that..I live close to the WI border and spend a lot of time playing up in WI...it's all about the sharp cheddar. I don't even think Velveeta is legal in Wisconsin.

Beer, brats, cheese, good fishing and kick-ass fireworks...great state in the summer. all 30 days of it.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT