ADVERTISEMENT

Vols this weekend

7th: IU gets a single and HP, but strands them, Manous is still working; S T R E T C H; UT goes GO, FO and GO to end the inning.
8th: IU goes GO and 2 KS, Manous continues; UT goes K, FO, .
Indiana needs to string some hits together!
9th: IU goes K, K and K (14 SO today) ... UT for the sweep.

Final:

* * R H E
IU 3 5 1
UT 5 6 2

Go Hoosiers!

Good gawd. This s-show looks a helluva lot like the basketball team. Horrible fundamentals. No grinders. Coaching better kick it up a notch or 3 pretty quick.

Good gawd. This s-show looks a helluva lot like the basketball team. Horrible fundamentals. No grinders. Coaching better kick it up a notch or 3 pretty quick.
These are mostly players returning from last season that were recruited by Lemonis and they could hit last season, so it's puzzling they are whiffing at the ball so much early on. I certainly don't think the new coaching staff changed hitting styles/techniques. As far as the fielding goes, I'm not so sure it's about fundamentals, but rather it's mostly mental and charged errors that are all on the players. At this point, I sure can't blame the coaching staff on that. To me, it's more about execution than anything else. Who knows, maybe I'm all wet about this.

What do you expect from Fred Glass?
It is two series in. I'm not discounting anyone's opinion but let's give it a few before we form a dramatic opinion one way or the other. I don't like the K's anymore than the next guy and it's worth watching...but give them more than two weekends.

Reactions: Seyton and snowling
What do you expect from Fred Glass?
We just had two coaches take jobs at powerhouses because of their success here. Unless your expectations are to never lose a series, then you’re being stupid.

I’m honestly curious, are you serious with this or are you just trolling? I mean hell, the CWS team started like 2-5.

I think we are all dissapointed with the Tennessee series, but you can't...at this point...form a strong opinion. It's a fairly long season.

Well, we pretty much got trounced this weekend. It's a little worse than just losing a series. We were awful. But let's not forget, this team was not ranked at all. I saw one poll and I counted the also receiving votes and we weren't even in the top 50. How is that possibly Mercer's fault? These are Lemonis's guys. I absolutely expected us to be better, but maybe they were right. I still will root and hope they turn it around but we really just need Mercer to get some studs in here. And he hasn't had a chance to do that yet.

Reactions: ptrich
We just had two coaches take jobs at powerhouses because of their success here. Unless your expectations are to never lose a series, then you’re being stupid.

I’m honestly curious, are you serious with this or are you just trolling? I mean hell, the CWS team started like 2-5.
Nice to know Fred's boy reads all the forums here

It is two series in. I'm not discounting anyone's opinion but let's give it a few before we form a dramatic opinion one way or the other. I don't like the K's anymore than the next guy and it's worth watching...but give them more than two weekends.
There’s absolutely no doubt I’ll keep watching and rooting like hell for them. But man, these strikeouts are nauseating. We seem to be having trouble making basic infield plays too. Not sure why that is either.

Reactions: hoosierhero?2993
These are mostly players returning from last season that were recruited by Lemonis and they could hit last season, so it's puzzling they are whiffing at the ball so much early on. I certainly don't think the new coaching staff changed hitting styles/techniques. As far as the fielding goes, I'm not so sure it's about fundamentals, but rather it's mostly mental and charged errors that are all on the players. At this point, I sure can't blame the coaching staff on that. To me, it's more about execution than anything else. Who knows, maybe I'm all wet about this.
Hell, I very well could be wetter than you. Just really frustrated that we weren’t even competitive and had to listen to UT announcers all weekend acting like it was awesome every time we struck out.

Haha....yeah, bump this thread up. When it comes to baseball, Fred is batting about 1.000. Can't help when guys leave, but he has made really good hires. I really like Mercer.....more than Lemo, personally. Time will tell, though.

Haha....yeah, bump this thread up. When it comes to baseball, Fred is batting about 1.000. Can't help when guys leave, but he has made really good hires. I really like Mercer.....more than Lemo, personally. Time will tell, though.
Seriously couldn't agree more. Dude seems born for baseball. Hope they show him the money when the big boys from the South or West come knocking.

Reactions: snowling
ADVERTISEMENT