ADVERTISEMENT

Vols 41-17

Well, I see that sarcastic first part sailed over your head. I'm sticking by my guns that the only teams in the current Big 10 who would beat us are Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State.

When you post something ignorant, most people chalk it up as you actually being ignorant. Nobody reading that post would assume it was sarcasm for two reasons. First, and most importantly, it wasn't sarcasm. Second, it doesn't even make sense to randomly use sarcasm to open your argument, and that only reinforces reason number one.

You can stick to your guns all you want, but the BIG 10 isn't some push over conference. I love the Vols, but you need to stop acting like we are 10-2 heading to a NY6 bowl game. Are you old enough to remember the start of our season?

I think this could happen in the college game....

First offensive possession in OT. The QB drops back and throws an interception. The defense now has possession of the ball at let's say at the 1 yard line. In an effort to make a return and possibly score and end the game, the guy with the ball circles into the end zone and is then hit and fumbles the ball out of his own end zone. Safety and 2 points for the team that originally snapped the ball?

I am a Vol fan and not really a fan of going to other message boards and being a troll.

SMH. If there is a turnover in college OT, that is not returned for a touchdown, the defensive team doesn't have to drive the length of the field to score on offense. Their offense starts with the ball on the 25 yard line.

When you post something ignorant, most people chalk it up as you actually being ignorant. Nobody reading that post would assume it was sarcasm for two reasons. First, and most importantly, it wasn't sarcasm. Second, it doesn't even make sense to randomly use sarcasm to open your argument, and that only reinforces reason number one.

You can stick to your guns all you want, but the BIG 10 isn't some push over conference. I love the Vols, but you need to stop acting like we are 10-2 heading to a NY6 bowl game. Are you old enough to remember the start of our season?
Do you take everything you read or hear as a literal fact? If you seriously think I thought you might be a 2 year old typing away on a message board, I don't know what else to say. lol.

I'm going with a blowout. If you want to play it safe, good for you.

SMH. If there is a turnover in college OT, that is not returned for a touchdown, the defensive team doesn't have to drive the length of the field to score on offense. Their offense starts with the ball on the 25 yard line.
I know this, that's not what I was trying to convey.

In my scenario, the defense has intercepted the ball and is attempting to run with the ball. The player is then hit and fumbles out of his own end zone.

Not sure that my post was clear there. I have attempted to correct.

Well, I see that sarcastic first part sailed over your head. I'm sticking by my guns that the only teams in the current Big 10 who would beat us are Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State.

Feel free to go watch the Indiana vs Penn State game that was in Happy Valley last month. You would see that it was a game IU truly won by about 14pts. I am pretty critical of this team but that game was as slanted against IU as I have ever seen in a game. Genuinely, go and watch the game and you would see it makes no sense that we lost that game.

Feel free to go watch the Indiana vs Penn State game that was in Happy Valley last month. You would see that it was a game IU truly won by about 14pts. I am pretty critical of this team but that game was as slanted against IU as I have ever seen in a game. Genuinely, go and watch the game and you would see it makes no sense that we lost that game.
I watched most of that game with my father in law who is an IU grad. I was hoping you guys would beat franklin, as a TN fan we hate that guy. I think the bowl game will be a good one. The Vols have a really good team right now and I would say our biggest weakness is at QB. If he comes out rattled then our offense could stall out. The vols defense has been playing lights out in the back half of the season. We have shut most teams out in the second half in the back half of the season. I hope we win but this should be a good game.

Reactions: BuddhaVol
I predict that lots of IU fans will either purchase or get free tickets and then stay in the parking lot across the street drinking and playing cornhole.

I believe play stops immediately on a change of possession. Play would be whistled dead. BICBW.

Hmmm.

Not sure about that. You could pick 6 it on defense for the win, right?

If so, his scenario might be plausible...

but if the interceptor ran back into his end zone, and was tackled or fumbled....would it be a safety or touchback? I'm not sure.

What do you think about the Penske deal?

I mean, fresh equity's always good, right?

The Captain certainly is better than some hedge fund....that said...what does that buy us? 10 years to figure out how to get costs in line with reward?

Still a tough uphill battle.

I hate the Ecar sound and speeds, but may w the only way to attract younger kids to be fans these days.

Don't get me wrong... half the HS dudes in Indiana can still probably rebuild a carb on their own....or at least install an EFI system...

but that's just Indiana. :D

Reactions: VFL1970
I dont know enough about indiana to make an informed prediction but based on our past matchups with big 10 teams im gonna go with a double digit victory for the men in orange. We have been up against Iowa, Northwestern and Nebraska as our last 3 bowl matchups and our speed and size had just been too much for them to handle. Based on my lack of knowledge about indiana i could be wrong but im just making the homer pick aided by our 3 wins in the post season since 2015. Also think Jennings has a hell of a night after serving his bullshit half game suspension.

Also, can yall keep ford man? We dont like him either.

I still think we're kicking your ass. I'll be at the game. It's going to be a blast. I also like the Vol fans posting over here. Makes it fun. Go Hoosiers!

You guys are definitely better than the soft kentucky fans at catsillustrated. They will preemptively ban vol fans after a loss. They are as soft as their program. Plus, totally delusional and defensive as hell. I love it though. They got 7 4 and 5 stars all on the ol and dl and suddenly they are world beaters. Its not like they were all 6.0 and 5.9 and ranked in the top 250 either. The rest of their class is mostly 5.5 and 5.6 three stars. Guys that are generally viewed as needed a couple years to contribute but im the the delusional minds over there are convinced they are all diamonds in the rough.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
I would think you guys would know by now that all these brand new accounts that claim they are Vol fans are the same guy that has been baiting you all along with the new account thing. Just put them all on ignore. this idiot is no more a Vol fan than they are an IU fan. they are just baiting you.

No, he really is a poster from VolQuest. We don’t claim him, but he posts there...

Are you old enough to remember our last 3 bowl games in 2014, 2015, and 2016? We beat Iowa 45-28, Northwestern 45-6, and Nebraska 38-24. Outside of Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State, there isn't a Big 10 team that can handle our speed on offense. Jennings, Calloway, and our RB's will have big games. Our defense has arrived.
Well, our guys are all from Florida, so there is that.

Hoosiers by 17. 38 21

Would be the most points we’ve given up since October 5th vs Georgia.

Since then, Bama scores 35, 7 of those being a 100yd fumble recovery. 14 point swing.

Outside of the Tide, South Carolina scored 21...

In other words, no way you’re scoring 38.

Well, our guys are all from Florida, so there is that.

You’re receivers are solid.

QB isn’t terrible.

RBs are forgettable.

Jennings being suspended the first half is a hit for us for sure. If our offense can be balanced, which for us means running the ball just good enough and pushing the ball down the field in the passing game, I don’t think it’s a close game.

I really think your safeties and LBs will struggle, even as inconsistent as our offense is.

QB play for us has been all over the place this season... if it’s bad, it’s anyones game. If it’s C+ or better... we’re rolling.

Reactions: conradthevol

QB isn’t terrible.

RBs are forgettable.

Jennings being suspended the first half is a hit for us for sure. If our offense can be balanced, which for us means running the ball just good enough and pushing the ball down the field in the passing game, I don’t think it’s a close game.

I really think your safeties and LBs will struggle, even as inconsistent as our offense is.

QB play for us has been all over the place this season... if it’s bad, it’s anyones game. If it’s C+ or better... we’re rolling.
Thanks for letting us know. No need to watch now.

God you guys are irritating.

Reactions: red hornet

QB isn’t terrible.

RBs are forgettable.

Our backup QB is playing and he is a gritty gamer. Our backup RBs may be "forgettable" but if Stevie plays; some of your guys may piss their pants and "forget" their own names for a little while.

I know nothing about UT except ugly orange clothes, fat chicks and that obnoxious song.

Reactions: bang63
Has there ever been a safety in the OT scheme that's now used in college?

I can't imagine how you could have one unintentionally, and can't come up with a scenario where you'd take one intentionally.

Only time I can recall a score that was not by the offense ending a college OT game:

IU fans .. I have no incentive to say this as your rival.. Tennessee fans are useless. Like the one Purdue loser with 3400 handles on this board. Or like the IU guy who gets instabanned for posting Purdue homo threads on our board.

What do you think about a guy who comes over here posting like he's a normal human being and then goes back and posts on GBI about how he'd like to take a dump in our concessions area...?

Yeah..., you know who I'm referring to CDBR...

That would be You...

You're a Really strange breed of cat is all I can say...

What do you think about a guy who comes over here posting like he's a normal human being and then goes back and posts on GBI about how he'd like to take a dump in our concessions area...?

Yeah..., you know who I'm referring to CDBR...

That would be You...

You're a Really strange breed of cat is all I can say...

Lol that was more because there are idiots in every fan base and I felt like I’d run into a couple that day. I thought we had a team that would win.

This year I did not and was plenty gracious. I thought I had you guys handicapped well both years and I take more shit from sdboiler alone than I ever could here

I’m one of the few GBI posters who have been banned on GBI more than I have been here lol. If it helps I’m rooting for you guys over uncle moonshine over here

Can I go with “I don’t know, but I’m betting at least five inbreeding couples get engaged on the Tennessee side?”

Why don't you do us All a favor and go back to the purdue board CDBR...

We don't need some phony riling up our opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT