ADVERTISEMENT

Visitor Section Relocation

Like the "change" theme being enacted everywhere with IUFB. Dolson appears to be as enthusiastic about the future as we are. Swing for the fences.
Now..., change the nickname of the stadium to "The Quarry" (where our rock would actually properly reside)...; add The Bison as our official mascot, and..., stick a compass rose logo at the 50 with interlocking IU's inside state of Indiana outline flanking it, each facing towards their respective bleachers (both east and west)...,or better yet just interlocking IU's, and we're really on to something...

Throw in some blockbuster movie music (along with an updated stampeding Bison big screen video) to fire up the team and the crowd and all we need to do to fill the place is just Win...

Last edited:
Now..., change the nickname of the stadium to "The Quarry" (where our rock would actually properly reside)...; add The Bison as our official mascot, and..., stick a compass rose logo at the 50 with interlocking IU's inside state of Indiana outline flanking it, each facing towards their respective bleachers (both east and west)...,or better yet just interlocking IU's, and we're really on to something...

Throw in some blockbuster movie music (along with an updated stampeding Bison big screen video) to fire up the team and the crowd and all we need to do to fill the place is just Win...
I think I've gone record on that we need a stadium song the whole place can sing along to.

And, please, no Mellencamp.

Anything can sound cool when a bunch of loud drunk people are into it. Example:

One more seating change this year. The visitors won’t have their usual strip of seats down to the field — all up top now. Good move.

And, if the games become an attraction for IU faithful…..no more ticket holders selling tickets in their prime seats to opposing fans. Way too many times that IU fans in good sections are overrun with opposing fans. Get those turds out of the IU sections.

In my estimation it needs to be something instrumental. To hell with the sing-a-long. Something bold, majestic and consuming such as a movie opening theme. Totally eliminate the fact some people won't accept RR or hip hop or country or rap🤮,(see my point) etc. etc. Just don't think a recording from a particular genre will gain enough acceptance because they divide not create camaraderie. But my thoughts are only 3 cents worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I think I've gone record on that we need a stadium song the whole place can sing along to.

The thing with stadium songs is they're generally best when they happen organically. Someone chose a song to fill a moment and the crowd reacted in a positive and unexpected way, so the school played it again the next game. Or, it happen to be the song played after a big moment and the school ran with it forever after. I don't think administrators, marketers, and message board nerds proactively deciding that a specific song will be THE stadium song typically works.

In my estimation it needs to be something instrumental. To hell with the sing-a-long. Something bold, majestic and consuming such as a movie opening theme. Totally eliminate the fact some people won't accept RR or hip hop or country or rap🤮,(seem my point) etc. etc. Just don't think a recording from a particular genre will gain enough acceptance because they divide not create camaraderie. But my thoughts are only 3 cents worth.
I agree in regard to the TEAM introduction and for key moments, such as a third down stand or a Goal Line Stand...

I'm thinking edited 2 or 3+ minutes rifs from something like this:

Or This:

***And remember not the whole thing..., just the edited section that fits best with the moment...***

I'll try to find more...

Here's another:

And:

Plus:

Also:

Of course:

Possibly bits of this:

The music above has already been voted on as extraordinary by the movie going public with their hard earned cash... We ought to be able to come up with something appealing to the fans by using a few minutes worth of these great sounds in the appropriate spots...

Last edited:
This is already Florida's stadium song.
Do they own the rights to it ??(they may)... If they don't then there's no reason we can't use it too...

Thunderstruck is one that's not a sing along but might be useful as a post-intro type of shortened spot rif (and I know many other teams already use that)...

Last edited:
In my estimation it needs to be something instrumental. To hell with the sing-a-long. Something bold, majestic and consuming such as a movie opening theme. Totally eliminate the fact some people won't accept RR or hip hop or country or rap🤮,(seem my point) etc. etc. Just don't think a recording from a particular genre will gain enough acceptance because they divide not create camaraderie. But my thoughts are only 3 cents worth.
I think we could have both... Your approach (that I like a lot)...,
And..., sing-a-longs for dead spots in the action like TV timeouts..., along with perhaps something appropriately humorous for video reviews...

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Do they own the rights to it ??(they may)... If they don't then there's no reason we can't use it too...

Thunderstruck is one that's not a sing along but might be useful as a post-intro type of shortened spot rif (and I know many other teams already use that)...
No, but IU football struggles so much to have its own identity that it is probably wise to avoid duplication when possible.

No, but IU football struggles so much to have its own identity that it is probably wise to avoid duplication when possible.
I understand your point but I think we'll find it nearly impossible to avoid duplicating usage of Football appropriate music...

Unless someone at the School of Music suddenly channels their inner Sousa and decides to write several unique pieces specifically for INDIANA FOOTBALL I think we'll need to work with what we can find that are proven crowd pleasers.,.

I agree in regard to the TEAM introduction and for key moments, such as a third down stand or a Goalline Stand...

I'm thinking edited 2 or 3+ minutes rifs from something like this:

Or This:

And remember not the whole thing..., just the edited section that fits best with the moment...

I'll try to find more...

Here's another:

One instrumental to rule them all

More possibilities:

Or just Thunderstruck as an instrumental:

or perhaps:

Plus:

And:

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Well..., we've given Scott Dolson and Jeramy Gray something to consider (maybe even Coach Cignetti [he seems extremely detail oriented]. Here's hoping something positive comes of it...

Someone mentioned anything to get people up and this one does it (granted after the home made wine they serve), but it would be something new along with having so many students from that area. Irreverent, but fun. I know I want to go to a game at Madison just to here Jump. Let's find something that makes the crowd go nuts and JUMP

Puglia in Little Italy NYC

Definitely worth a trip while in NY

Reactions: red hornet

Love the ideas and add candy stripe end zones

Reactions: red hornet

Thunderstruck by ACDC is the perfect song for the stadium. It's fast, loud and sends a message. It would be my walk up music if I was a MLB player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT