ADVERTISEMENT

Vikings interested in Peyton Ramsey

Nothing's impossible if you're with the right team. Hell, Jim Sorgi had a 6 year NFL career with the Colts and was tasked with little more than being a sounding board for Manning.

But no NFL team is going to ask PR to go in there & win games for them.

I hope he at least gets a shot on a practice squad to see if he's got what it takes. Then I hope he goes to Fresno St. to learn more under DeBoer. Then I hope he comes back to IU in about 5-7 years for the offense like Jim Leonhard has done with the Wiscy defense.

I hate that he left for his last year, while 100% understanding/supporting his decision. Because that kid is just the embodiment of a teammate & is just a "football player."

When you look around the NFL, look at Ryan Fitzpatrick. He has played in the League for about 15 years with at least 5 different teams and most of it as a Starter. Physically, there is nothing overly impressive about him. He knows how to adapt and run an Offense effectively. If he can do it, so can PR if given the opportunity.

I disagee with negative assessments of Peyton Manning.
The talent of arm strength, speed, size may not be elite. But his effort, work ethic, and leadership are elite.
He also has this one other attribute - he wins.

Since I'm 100% certain you meant Peyton Ramsey 😉 I'll bite...

If he can find a team much like the old Vince Lombardi lead Green Bay Packers (of the "60's") that has a great running game and a great Defense and he isn't expected to throw deep 30 plus times a game then he could probably thrive..., problem is (last I saw in 2019)..., there aren't many of those types of teams left these days, if any... (and that's where my NFL offense discussion has to end since I didn't watch any NFL football last fall so I don't currently know what anyone is running)...

Peyton Ramsey reminds me a lot of Bart Starr in terms of leadership, smart game management, and making the clutch play..., but, unfortunately for him, last I saw..., the NFL goes for the Big arm first and nearly everything else 2nd...

Hope it works out for him... He seems like a Really great guy who we were lucky to have had here...

That Nebraska Win he was a key part of at their place, where the Big Ten Refs were perfectly alright with ignoring dangerous cheap shots on him that could have literally killed him, and his playing thru the pain for the Win has endeared his INDIANA legacy to me for All Time...

That particular game (at Nebraska 2019, INDIANA 38 - NE 31)..., will..., in my opinion..., someday be identified as The turning point ((from wannabes to Ultra Tough, Really Hard to Beat, Somebody's)) for INDIANA Football...

Last edited:

If he can find a team much like the old Vince Lombardi lead Green Bay Packers (of the "60's") that has a great running game and a great Defense and he isn't expected to throw deep 30 plus times a game then he could probably thrive..., problem is (last I saw in 2019)..., there aren't many of those types of teams left these days, if any... (and that's where my NFL offense discussion has to end since I didn't watch any NFL football last fall so I don't currently know what anyone is running)...

Peyton Ramsey reminds me a lot of Bart Starr in terms of leadership, smart game management, and making the clutch play..., but, unfortunately for him, last I saw..., the NFL goes for the Big arm first and nearly everything else 2nd...

Hope it works out for him... He seems like a Really great guy who we were lucky to have had here...

That Nebraska Win he was a key part of at their place, where the Big Ten Refs were perfectly alright with ignoring dangerous cheap shots on him that could have literally killed him, and his playing thru the pain for the Win has endeared his INDIANA legacy to me for All Time...

That particular game (at Nebraska 2019, INDIANA 38 - NE 31)..., will..., in my opinion..., someday be identified as The turning point ((from wannabes to Ultra Tough, Really Hard to Beat, Somebody's)) for INDIANA Football...
Yes, sorry. Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: 76-1
Nothing's impossible if you're with the right team. Hell, Jim Sorgi had a 6 year NFL career with the Colts and was tasked with little more than being a sounding board for Manning.

But no NFL team is going to ask PR to go in there & win games for them.

I hope he at least gets a shot on a practice squad to see if he's got what it takes. Then I hope he goes to Fresno St. to learn more under DeBoer. Then I hope he comes back to IU in about 5-7 years for the offense like Jim Leonhard has done with the Wiscy defense.

I hate that he left for his last year, while 100% understanding/supporting his decision. Because that kid is just the embodiment of a teammate & is just a "football player."
If Curtis Painter could have an NFL career, certainly Peyton Ramsey (or any other qb) has a shot. I always wondered how awful it must have felt for dozens of quarterbacks with NFL aspirations to get cut in the last round of roster reductions and then find out the next day that Curtis effin' Painter was still employed.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13

Agree about the Nebraska win. I was there and Ramsey was getting killed and kept getting up.

People didn't think Trent Green was anything special and had a weak arm. He proved them wrong. I think Ramsey will, too.

ADVERTISEMENT