ADVERTISEMENT

Vijay Blackmon

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
i just remembered Vijay Blackmon will be joining the team. I believe he is eligible to play right away. What is he expected to add to the team? I know very little about him..

i just remembered Vijay Blackmon will be joining the team. I believe he is eligible to play right away. What is he expected to add to the team? I know very little about him..
He will be your typical walk on. He wont play over, rj, newkirk, green, jones, durham.....

He will be your typical walk on. He wont play over, rj, newkirk, green, jones, durham.....
I was wondering if Durham would redshirt and Vijay could be that extra guard we have around. I don't see Durham playing much this year and he looked to need the most development of his game from what I saw in the Derby Classic game. Redshirts aren't something we are used to seeing, but can help a kid like Durham.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I'd be very surprised if Durham was here all 4 years. He was a big reach like many Crean recruits.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I'd be very surprised if Durham was here all 4 years. He was a big reach like many Crean recruits.

I don't see why Al couldn't be a good depth guy. I only see him transferring if he wants to be more than a role player. And remember that star rating isn't always everything.

I was wondering if Durham would redshirt and Vijay could be that extra guard we have around. I don't see Durham playing much this year and he looked to need the most development of his game from what I saw in the Derby Classic game. Redshirts aren't something we are used to seeing, but can help a kid like Durham.
I wouldn't think so. He didn't start for an naia team last year. Not sure he cracks the rotation for hopefully a top 25 D1 program

I wouldn't think so. He didn't start for an naia team last year. Not sure he cracks the rotation for hopefully a top 25 D1 program
I was curious about his lack of production in college. He seemed like a solid player that would have been very successful at that level. I'm curious if he didn't fit in well or had conflict with the coaching staff. I guess we will find out I believe we will have 3 walk on guards Jager, Taylor , and Blackmon. It is 4 if you believe the roster on this site that lists McRoberts as a guard.

ADVERTISEMENT