ADVERTISEMENT

Victor Oladipo endorses, campaigning with Joe Donnelly

People should be proud of Dipo. He represents us Hoosiers in a very positive way. He is not bashing or attacking anyone. No matter what you believe you should proud to call that young man a fellow Hoosier. He will try and use his platform and resources for good. More then most can claim.

Yes, only troll bots or those suffering from extreme tribalism would bash him.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
People should be proud of Dipo. He represents us Hoosiers in a very positive way. He is not bashing or attacking anyone. No matter what you believe you should proud to call that young man a fellow Hoosier. He will try and use his platform and resources for good. More then most can claim.

Yes, only troll bots or those suffering from extreme tribalism would bash him.
Oladipo is one of my all time favorite Hoosiers because he was an outstanding player who exceeded expectations and was, and seems still, a good guy. I don’t care who he endorses, but others might. My only comment is that the hyper partisans on the left would be doing the bashing if he endorsed the Republican and the right side would be complaining about the bashing. That’s the way it is in this country and it’s many times worse now that every person on the internet has a way to express his opinion, no matter how infantile and stupid that opinion might be.

Oladipo is one of my all time favorite Hoosiers because he was an outstanding player who exceeded expectations and was, and seems still, a good guy. I don’t care who he endorses, but others might. My only comment is that the hyper partisans on the left would be doing the bashing if he endorsed the Republican and the right side would be complaining about the bashing. That’s the way it is in this country and it’s many times worse now that every person on the internet has a way to express his opinion, no matter how infantile and stupid that opinion might be.

Yes both sides have issues with extreme tribalism. It's a very real problem.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Vic is one of my favorites and will ramain that way for me even if he endorses Nancy Pelosi. He’s an example of the American Dream being alive and well. He wasn’t a star at all when he came to IU. He got where he is with hard work and a great attitude.

Hope he’s careful with the political stuff. He probably doesn’t understand how toxic it is right now.

Sorry, but that’s a really dumb comment. What I said was reality and reality should be acknowledged. I’m not defending the bashers in any way, just pointing out that the bashers would be criticizing the bashers of Oladipo if Oladipo had endorsed Braun.
So fracking what? It's a point with no point. This kind of back and forth needs to stop if we ever hope to have any kind of instructive/constructive dialog. I'm doing my level best not to engage in this, and am pointing it out when I see it. It's expected from the idjits, but you and I can and should do better.

So fracking what? It's a point with no point. This kind of back and forth needs to stop if we ever hope to have any kind of instructive/constructive dialog. I'm doing my level best not to engage in this, and am pointing it out when I see it. It's expected from the idjits, but you and I can and should do better.
What has to stop is the stupid stuff from both extremes - or at least we shouldn’t pretend the extremes represent the rest of us. We do that and we will all do better. Making “yabbut” comments about reality isn’t doing better.

Very true. It is not brave at all for a black man or woman to come out for the Democrats. If they come out for the Republicans then that is another matter. Look at how they treat Colin Powell, Condaleeza Rice, Kanye West, and Candace Owens.

It wasn't brave for Jesus to get nailed to the cross because he was a liberal who advocated turning the other cheek.
To turn the cheek is speaking about offense. When people offend you then you don't attack back. Believe me this is hard to do at times. It goes against human nature. The reason why Jesus was able to be silent while others hurled insults at Him because He was the perfect Son of God clothed in human flesh. None of us are as perfect which is why of course He needed to die on the Cross in our place. Praise His Name forever!!!

Lots of Russian bots/reddit thedonald people who aren't actually his fans spamming the comments.

Personally very proud of him for using his platform.
There is a time and a place for everything, and choosing a private business supported by fans who probably don't agree with his sympathies by more than half the population is not helpful to himself or his employer. My grandson is a police officer, a husband, and a super dad. He calls his grandmother on his way to work nearly every day, and in return we pray for his safety. In his work he is required to wait until those he is dealing with to throw the first punch, or draw the first weapon. He deals with gang members who vow to not "go down" without a fight. It is a proven fact that if a police officer waits until a perpetrator produces a weapon he will almost certainly be wounded or killed. I don't expect to change anyone's way of thinking, but I also know that I would not get in everyone's face who comes to root for me, and their favorite team. I am truly disappointed in Victor in whom I have held up to others as an example selflessness, and charity.

Lots of Russian bots/reddit thedonald people who aren't actually his fans spamming the comments.

This story could be summarized as "Successful young man gets involved in adopted home state he cares deeply about, stands up for his convictions."

Not sure why anyone should object to that.

There is a time and a place for everything, and choosing a private business supported by fans who probably don't agree with his sympathies by more than half the population is not helpful to himself or his employer. My grandson is a police officer, a husband, and a super dad. He calls his grandmother on his way to work nearly every day, and in return we pray for his safety. In his work he is required to wait until those he is dealing with to throw the first punch, or draw the first weapon. He deals with gang members who vow to not "go down" without a fight. It is a proven fact that if a police officer waits until a perpetrator produces a weapon he will almost certainly be wounded or killed. I don't expect to change anyone's way of thinking, but I also know that I would not get in everyone's face who comes to root for me, and their favorite team. I am truly disappointed in Victor in whom I have held up to others as an example selflessness, and charity.
Wut??

WTF is that all about?
Those who have taken a knee in the NFL have declared it was in support of BLM, and not an attack on our country. I support our law enforcement. If this is about anything else I apologize, but with that being said I still contend there is a time and a place for everything, and to argue politics with your fans who only come to see a game is wrong.

Still doesn’t make sense. I’m glad it makes sense to you. I guess.
Not that lurker needs or wants my defense, but it seems pretty obvious to me. VPM was employing that time-honored argument that a black man is only brave if he stands up to liberalism, not for it. Lurker was turning this around on VPM by pointing out the theory that Jesus himself was (what might have passed for in that time) a liberal. I'm not saying I agree with the historical interpretation Lurker holds here, but the point he's making - that VPM sees "bravery" in purely partisan terms - seems pretty obvious.

Lol, yeah, "he probably doesnt understand" since he is extremely bright, savvy, and a responsible adult...I sure hope he grows up soon and owns his actions! Perhaps u can enlighten him with your obvious wisdom. I could only hope the idiot in chief would show as much maturity.

I meant no disrespect to Victor. If he wants to get in the current political swamp, go for it.

Not that lurker needs or wants my defense, but it seems pretty obvious to me. VPM was employing that time-honored argument that a black man is only brave if he stands up to liberalism, not for it. Lurker was turning this around on VPM by pointing out the theory that Jesus himself was (what might have passed for in that time) a liberal. I'm not saying I agree with the historical interpretation Lurker holds here, but the point he's making - that VPM sees "bravery" in purely partisan terms - seems pretty obvious.
Don’t get it. Wasn’t Jesus doing what wasn’t expected of a Jew?

Reactions: MrBing
WTF is that all about?
Those who have taken a knee in the NFL have declared it was in support of BLM, and not an attack on our country. I support our law enforcement. If this is about anything else I apologize, but with that being said I still contend there is a time and a place for everything, and to argue politics with your fans who only come to see a game is wrong.
You think Victor is supporting Joe because of NFL kneeling? That’s quite a stretch there.

You think Victor is supporting Joe because of NFL kneeling? That’s quite a stretch there.
No Olidipo had a job before Trump became President. He is supporting him because he has the luxury and can afford too...it’s the majority of other black people that only became employed after Trump become President that can’t afford to support Joe....

Still doesn’t make sense. I’m glad it makes sense to you. I guess.
Certain people get my humor. You often don't. SOmetimes when you don't, you say you're playing me, thus denying you don't get it. You don't get it often enough for me to doubt the veracity of your denials. Then again, you had higher standards for honesty in your training. In short, tough bounce if you don't get my humor.

Actually, he really was not, which is why his actions are so memorable. But that's not really the point. It's obvious to me what Lurker was saying about VPM. That's all I was saying. I'm surprised this is not obvious to you as well.
I think that’s exactly the point. A black guy supporting a Democrat is as expected, therefore a black guy supporting a Republican would be unexpected and even brave. Jesus acting like a devout Jew would be expected and doing what he did would be unexpected - and obviously brave as it got him crucified. This is why lurker’s joke makes no sense and not humorous.

Certain people get my humor. You often don't. SOmetimes when you don't, you say you're playing me, thus denying you don't get it. You don't get it often enough for me to doubt the veracity of your denials. Then again, you had higher standards for honesty in your training. In short, tough bounce if you don't get my humor.
I get when you’re trying to make a joke. You don’t get why some of your jokes aren’t humorous.

This story could be summarized as "Successful young man gets involved in adopted home state he cares deeply about, stands up for his convictions."

Not sure why anyone should object to that.

No objection here. I disagree with his choice politically but that does not change my high opinion of the guy.

We used to be able to do that in this country a little more regularly than we do now. Politics is such a teeny tiny part of all of our lives yet we let it have an oversized presence at the table.

You do you Vic and I'll do me politically and I will still be a fan of how you play the game and the way you have conducted yourself off the court. Outside of social media and the extremes on each side (which I think are growing), that is how a good deal of the country operates.

I get when you’re trying to make a joke. You don’t get why some of your jokes aren’t humorous.
I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do you? I get that humor is an art form. Do you? I get that art appreciation has nothing to do with criticism but rather sharing one's enjoyment. Do you?

For you to say a joke is not humorous, as if it's not humorous for anyone other than the joke maker has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements ever made on the WC. No joke.

I think that’s exactly the point. A black guy supporting a Democrat is as expected, therefore a black guy supporting a Republican would be unexpected and even brave. Jesus acting like a devout Jew would be expected and doing what he did would be unexpected - and obviously brave as it got him crucified. This is why lurker’s joke makes no sense and not humorous.
But Jesus wasn't acting like a devout Jew. That's sort of one of the major themes of the gospels.

No objection here. I disagree with his choice politically but that does not change my high opinion of the guy.

We used to be able to do that in this country a little more regularly than we do now. Politics is such a teeny tiny part of all of our lives yet we let it have an oversized presence at the table.

You do you Vic and I'll do me politically and I will still be a fan of how you play the game and the way you have conducted yourself off the court. Outside of social media and the extremes on each side (which I think are growing), that is how a good deal of the country operates.
I'm not offended that Kanye likes Trump. I don't get it, but I'm not personally offended by it. I don't understand why people get personally offended by celebrities disagreeing with them. They are people, too; they are entitled to their opinions. That includes Dipo. The thread on the premie board about this topic was...ugly, to say the least.

Buncha farkin' snowflakes, man. Just can't accept that other people might disagree. What a time we live in.

I'm not offended that Kanye likes Trump. I don't get it, but I'm not personally offended by it. I don't understand why people get personally offended by celebrities disagreeing with them. They are people, too; they are entitled to their opinions. That includes Dipo. The thread on the premie board about this topic was...ugly, to say the least.

Buncha farkin' snowflakes, man. Just can't accept that other people might disagree. What a time we live in.

Dude, I was agreeing with you. And I agree with you here as well. Take a chill pill.

“Just can’t accept that other people might disagree.”
Ya snowflakes!! LOL!! Mr. saferoom himself

I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do you? I get that humor is an art form. Do you? I get that art appreciation has nothing to do with criticism but rather sharing one's enjoyment. Do you?

For you to say a joke is not humorous, as if it's not humorous for anyone other than the joke maker has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements ever made on the WC. No joke.
You just keep telling those jokes, Butch. That’s what you’re. . .well, just keep telling those jokes.

Reactions: iuwclurker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT