ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine Shaming

and there it is: lockdowns

FVCK YOU JOE

discussion of several polls on vaccine hesitancy here (yes, a CNN data scientist):

some key points:

Most polling (polls are linked) shows that somewhere between 50% and 60% of Republican adults are vaccinated compared with 80% to 90% of Democratic adults. So a gap of 20% to 40%.

about 48% of White Americans have received at least one dose, compared to 41% of Hispanics and 38% of Black Americans. The samples sizes were smaller and some states report no data broken down by race. But it looks like a gap of about 10%.

About a third of the eligible population has refused to take a dose. But that drops as you go up the age ladder. Among the most at-risk, age 65+, from the virus (though we are all at least at some risk and everyone should get vaccinated), 80% are fully vaccinated and 90% are at least partially vaccinated.

While there is a Republican/Democrat hesitancy gap and a smaller (by percentage) black/white hesitancy gap, the Republican-derived hesitancy seems more impervious to consider any new findings: Among White adults who have not gotten a dose, 49% say they'll never get one, under any circumstances. It's just 26% among Blacks or Hispanics, who are more often in the "maybe I'll wait and see" crowd.

The high vaccination rates in places such as New Hampshire and Maine, both with a reputation of having independent and self-sufficient populations, often leaning GOP at least relative to the rest of New England, indicates that Republican-derived hesitancy can be overcome. How this can be accomplished isn't clear, but the polling data merely suggests it to be true.

Finally there is a North-South hesitancy gap. they don't break it down by numbers or state whether it is as large as the red state/blue state gap as a whole.

To say that everyone SHOULD get vaccinated is not logically accurate IMHO. If a person is in the latter stages of terminal cancer, should the person get vaccinated? If the person has a very depressed immune system, should that person get vaccinated? Should a person under 5 years of age get vaccinated?

And, what happens if a person gets vaccinated and later has a reaction to the vaccine that requires extended or life-long medical attention? Are the drug companies protected from civil suits under the emergency authrization? If so, who will pay for the needed medical care? And, this is a possibility.

I seem to recall that one company had to shut down vaccine production and destroy thousands of batches of vaccines that were improperly mixed. What if they had made it into distribution? Another production facility was shut down due to unsanitary facilities.

I firmly believe the decision should be made by each individual, with a medical history, in consultation with their physician(s).

Reactions: Kelly_32
You wrote, "Republicans leaders have always encouraged getting the virus." I agree. That's a remarkable admission coming from you.

Instead of encouraging their followers to follow the health officials' guidelines (social distancing, masks, lockdowns early on and vaccines more recently), Republicans have encouraged their followers not to follow guidelines of health officials and claimed the virus was no big deal.

Republicans could hardly do any thing more to encourage their followers to get the virus, as you say.
I meant the vaccine. But you knew that and still have to be a dick anyway.

Agreed as Dimon said, there is no political breakdown so we have to use some assumptions on whatever data is available.

My assumptions are white liberals are around 70% vaxxed and that the political split is around 50/50 (even though I believe it's 55/45 Dems v pubs in total but probably 55/45 white pubs v Dems)).

Taking those two assumptive variable you can back into numbers, numbers that don't shock me. I'd pull out my asd guess the republican rate is around 15%.
I am a Republican as are most of my friends. I have not heard any of them say they would not get vaccinated or that they are not vaccinated. I think your estimates are very inaccurate.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
I would respectfully suggest that the willful ignorance is on many of the unvaccinated, and Republicans who deny, or who scorn, the need for vaccination will be blamed for misinformation . . .

. . . there are dozens of stories about folks who've gone unvaccinated believing that they're not going to get the virus, or that their experience will be mild symptoms and no hospitalization or death who grieve their sickness on their hospital death beds.

Kay Ivey is a Republican who gets it and who speaks her mind clearly and with authority . . . can't ask for more than that. She's actually leading . . .

. . . I really don't care who gets the credit for moving reluctant Americans to get vaccinated . . . I thought the suggestion to call the vaccines after Trump had some promise . . . but apparently that's not going to work.
Wow, dozens..... that's enough to base a policy on, isn't it?

Got a link to prove that?

I am a Republican as are most of my friends. I have not heard any of them say they would not get vaccinated or that they are not vaccinated. I think your estimates are very inaccurate.
Tommy like to make shit up. And what he doesn't make up, he gets from the DNC.

Wow, dozens..... that's enough to base a policy on, isn't it?

Got a link to prove that?

Reminds me of one of the most underrated scenes in TV history

giphy.gif

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66

There are 75m people that voted for Trump. 80- 90% of them did as he was the Republican and Republicans vote for the Republican on the ticket, like clockwork, every cycle. They may not even like the person they are voting for, but they'll still reliably punch the ticket. That's one thing Republicans are, very reliable voters.

Other than that... it's all regional. Of course everyone you know, thinks and behaves somewhat similar to you. Humans group with people that are similar to them. But my country club Republican buddies that are docs, bankers, accountants, and sales guys don't have much in common with the hardcore Republican voter in Orange County, Indiana... and even less than those in rural Alabama.

There are 75m people that voted for Trump. 80- 90% of them did as he was the Republican and Republicans vote for the Republican on the ticket, like clockwork, every cycle. They may not even like the person they are voting for, but they'll still reliably punch the ticket. That's one thing Republicans are, very reliable voters.

Other than that... it's all regional. Of course everyone you know, thinks and behaves somewhat similar to you. Humans group with people that are similar to them. But my country club Republican buddies that are docs, bankers, accountants, and sales guys don't have much in common with the hardcore Republican voter in Orange County, Indiana... and even less than those in rural Alabama.
Got news for you - those country club Republicans are voting Democrat these days.

They are being peer-pressured into either shutting up or toeing the woke party line..

Got news for you - those country club Republicans are voting Democrat these days.

They are being peer-pressured into either shutting up or toeing the woke party line..

That's not news. But don't think it has much to do with peer pressure. Everything is culture.

FVCK YOU JOE
The question was designed to get the headline.

"During a White House press briefing on Thursday, Doocy noted "President Biden once said we are not returning to lockdowns, shutdowns and school closures. But, he also once said we would not have to wear masks again once we are vaccinated." He went on to ask Principal Deputy Press Secretary, Karine Jean-Pierre, "So if you're listening to the science -- if scientists come to you at some point down the line and say, 'It is our opinion that there should be shutdowns, and there should be school closures,' you would do that?"

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
The question was designed to get the headline.

"During a White House press briefing on Thursday, Doocy noted "President Biden once said we are not returning to lockdowns, shutdowns and school closures. But, he also once said we would not have to wear masks again once we are vaccinated." He went on to ask Principal Deputy Press Secretary, Karine Jean-Pierre, "So if you're listening to the science -- if scientists come to you at some point down the line and say, 'It is our opinion that there should be shutdowns, and there should be school closures,' you would do that?"

thanks clickbait journalism

Reactions: bawlmer
Did you take a class on how to be a conststently stupid prick or does it just come naturally? It is really hard to imagine someone being as dumb as you are without some training

I learn from the biggest dumbass on the forum..thanks for all of the training yet i know i will never surpass you in that category

12 months of clinical data is REQUIRED.

We have had 11.

Pfizer will be approved on or about August 31st, Moderna on or about Sept 21st, J&J on or about Nov. 1st.
Looks like I will miss the Pfizer approval by about a week, as rumors are it comes tomorrow.

I did say "on or about".🙂

In lieu of shaming I wish all those hot to trot vaccine addicts would try this tact.

If the subject of the vaccine comes up in conversation (it shouldn’t but some people are REALLY dull) and you find someone in your present company is unvaxed, feel free to mention that you are vaxed and continue on to better conversation pieces.

If you feel you MUST somehow confront them over their unvaxed status, it is your “duty” per se. Calmly and rationally point out to them that the data show that the possibility of an adverse reaction to contracting COVID while unvaccinated is orders of magnitude higher than that of an adverse reaction to the vaccine. Then move on to better conversation pieces.

The segregation of society based on vaccine status is not at all healthy and you should not be a contributor.

Yea, the vaccine has already proven itself.
Besides that, if you get COVID from being inside a business - like a restaurant or WalMart - they're immune from liability, at least here in Georgia, anyway. So why shouldn't Pfizer get the same treatment? They're trying to fix the problem, not just sell more fries.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
They have now!

You’ll probably see this after you’re done moving your goal posts.
I’ve taken their vaccine. I am not moving any posts.

I know people that have taken ivermectin and overcome Covid quickly. There’s one little problem. It’s cheap and readily available. Almost all docs work for Big Hospital Corps. Big Pharma and Big Hospitals make no money with ivermectin working.

Reactions: Kelly_32 and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT