ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine Shaming

I agree with you whole heartedly and apologize for that. I have actually railed against other people for that, and have even reported people for doing it. So no way should I have ever gone there.
All good. Old habits die hard honestly. Like I said, we used to say stuff like that all the time as a kid and it sometimes is a hard habit to break. One of my sons has an intellectual disability and seeing him put in the hard work to do what comes naturally to many of us just puts to shame the notion that we should look down on these guys.

I thought as I got older that it was embarrassing I ever used the term and that was before I ever had him. After having him you feel even more terrible that you could ever have been so ignorant.

A lot of politics is personal, that is why people can be so reactionary when we have these discussions. Take the abortion question for example, I was against it before my wife had our son, I am even more strident in that position now. People often have reasons behind their positions that are not just anodyne policy positions. We all fail at recognizing this at times, particularly when we are not seeing each other face to face when having these conversations, but it is so easy for us (me) to sometimes forget that there is a person on the other side of these 1's and 0's.

Fanciful narcissism

Lol at encouraged the vaccine.

That means to actively try to change behavior.

Hell there are more dumbasses like Ron Johnson's encouraging anti vaccine than pubs encouraging it.....until the past two weeks.
A lot of words and no facts - typical of your posts.

Putting the low risk in DC in context is actually the completely right way to cover the pandemic right now. The alarmism and panic we are seeing in a lot of other places is actively misinforming their audiences.

Putting the low risk in DC in context is actually the completely right way to cover the pandemic right now. The alarmism and panic we are seeing in a lot of other places is actively misinforming their audiences.
Hmmmm . . . don't Covid deaths always trail hospitalizations, which always trail infections . . .

. . . seems to me that FOX is comparing apples to strawberries or something there . . . .

What's the point of correcting misinformation about Covid-19 and vaccines when every major press outlet and the CDC are playing an active role in misinforming people?
It's exhausting.

Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
What's the point of correcting misinformation about Covid-19 and vaccines when every major press outlet and the CDC are playing an active role in misinforming people?
It's exhausting.
That's what I said about the misinformation campaign by vaccine opponents.

Maybe we ought to slow this all down, sort of the facts and have folks communicate their positions based on their real motivations and positions . . . and if they just don't want to get vaccinated, then by golly, have them say THAT instead of all the made up excuses they parrot.

That's what I said about the misinformation campaign by vaccine opponents.

Maybe we ought to slow this all down, sort of the facts and have folks communicate their positions based on their real motivations and positions . . . and if they just don't want to get vaccinated, then by golly, have them say THAT instead of all the made up excuses they parrot.
I don't think "I just don't want to" is the reason for most people though. It wasn't the reason behind why I held out so long.

Reactions: Crayfish57
There were 469 cases
274 were symptomatic: symptoms included cough, headache, sore throat, muscle pain and fever.
4 were hospitalized
0 needed critical care
0 died

It sounds like an outbreak of infection, with mild/minor consequences, due to high vaccination rates.

Yay vaccines!

Reactions: UncleMark
Well.....that's a pretty conservative take on things.......but I know you don't mean it when it comes to anyone other than whites who voted for Trump......I don't see you directing any of your venom toward the large % of AAs who haven't been vaccinated.....Do you have lower expectations for them?

Are you assuming all AAs are dems? I will let ben carson know

Saw this a few days ago. Israel was very aggressive with their program, but these numbers aren't encouraging. Would be interesting to see hospitalizations broken down the same way.

It's hard to explain just how much damage that news organizations and the CDC have done in the last several days with misinformation trying to scare people people into questioning vaccine efficacy. It is so much worse than what any partisan figure could have ever done.

We've had several years of discussions about social media bans for misinformation, but here are vital institutional actors being the primary source of such information. You want to put the same people in charge of deciding which speech to limit?

Reactions: DANC and jet812
our resident blinkard. you didn't read the multiple articles citing same.

No but i have read multiple articles saying that vaccinated people don't transmit at the same rate as unvaccinated.

Not my fault you rely on faulty sources numbnuts

When you learn to read dipshit

No but i have read multiple articles saying that vaccinated people don't transmit at the same rate as unvaccinated.

Lol one post above yours. New variant dummy

You know you and Zeke could be twins!

"I still believe that the quick pivot from republican leaders over the past week or so means really bad news."

Another straw man you and your fellow leftists throw around. What pivot? Republicans leaders have always encouraged getting the virus.

They don't want to force anyone to get it, which is what really pisses you off.

My body, my choice, remember?
You wrote, "Republicans leaders have always encouraged getting the virus." I agree. That's a remarkable admission coming from you.

Instead of encouraging their followers to follow the health officials' guidelines (social distancing, masks, lockdowns early on and vaccines more recently), Republicans have encouraged their followers not to follow guidelines of health officials and claimed the virus was no big deal.

Republicans could hardly do any thing more to encourage their followers to get the virus, as you say.

Good gawd you’re stupid…

Yea ok dumbass. A simpleton as yourself wouldn't be able to judge
What I think jet might be trying to say - and he can't get out of the way of his message - is that researchers have just recently discovered that vaccinated people can spread the Delta variant as readily as unvaccinated people can. Vaccinated people don't get as sick as unvaccinated people, and therefore the researchers now recommend that all folks, vaccinated and unvaccinated, wear masks indoors. Ostensibly it's for the protection of both the vaccinated (who can still get sick from the Delta variant) and unvaccinated . . . in truth the serious protection is by the vaccinated for the unvaccinated, since the unvaccinated are far, far more likely to be hospitalized and to die than the vaccinated. The vaccinated are being asked to make a concession in favor of the unvaccinated . . . again.

Pretty soon the vaccinated people are going to have put up with enough. Kay Ivey is already there . . . https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/23/alabama-governor-covid-vaccinations-500638

Reactions: UncleMark
What I think jet might be trying to say - and he can't get out of the way of his message - is that researchers have just recently discovered that vaccinated people can spread the Delta variant as readily as unvaccinated people can. Vaccinated people don't get as sick as unvaccinated people, and therefore the researchers now recommend that all folks, vaccinated and unvaccinated, wear masks indoors. Ostensibly it's for the protection of both the vaccinated (who can still get sick from the Delta variant) and unvaccinated . . . in truth the serious protection is by the vaccinated for the unvaccinated, since the unvaccinated are far, far more likely to be hospitalized and to die than the vaccinated. The vaccinated are being asked to make a concession in favor of the unvaccinated . . . again.

Pretty soon the vaccinated people are going to have put up with enough. Kay Ivey is already there . . . https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/23/alabama-governor-covid-vaccinations-500638
No, I’m trying to point out that many of you are going to choose willful ignorance & in spite of all of the mounting evidence will double down that all of this is the fault of the unvaccinated because you just have to believe that Republicans are causing your problems.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
No, I’m trying to point out that many of you are going to choose willful ignorance & in spite of all of the mounting evidence will double down that all of this is the fault of the unvaccinated because you just have to believe that Republicans are causing your problems.
I would respectfully suggest that the willful ignorance is on many of the unvaccinated, and Republicans who deny, or who scorn, the need for vaccination will be blamed for misinformation . . .

. . . there are dozens of stories about folks who've gone unvaccinated believing that they're not going to get the virus, or that their experience will be mild symptoms and no hospitalization or death who grieve their sickness on their hospital death beds.

Kay Ivey is a Republican who gets it and who speaks her mind clearly and with authority . . . can't ask for more than that. She's actually leading . . .

. . . I really don't care who gets the credit for moving reluctant Americans to get vaccinated . . . I thought the suggestion to call the vaccines after Trump had some promise . . . but apparently that's not going to work.

I would respectfully suggest that the willful ignorance is on many of the unvaccinated, and Republicans who deny, or who scorn, the need for vaccination will be blamed for misinformation . . .

. . . there are dozens of stories about folks who've gone unvaccinated believing that they're not going to get the virus, or that their experience will be mild symptoms and no hospitalization or death who grieve their sickness on their hospital death beds.

Kay Ivey is a Republican who gets it and who speaks her mind clearly and with authority . . . can't ask for more than that. She's actually leading . . .

. . . I really don't care who gets the credit for moving reluctant Americans to get vaccinated . . . I thought the suggestion to call the vaccines after Trump had some promise . . . but apparently that's not going to work.
if the delta variant (and presumably any other variant coming down the pike) is transmissible regardless of vaccination status, but those vaccinated don't get as sick and don't get hospitalized it's clearly worthwhile to press the gas pedal down on getting the recalcitrant vaccinated. the gov seems to be tapped out. maybe it's time to look to the private sector. as much as i was initially against it perhaps requiring vax id cards will persuade/coerce the holdouts. local sports leagues could require them. the restaurant industry could ban together and require them. places of employment. while perhaps loathed to require ids these industries would certainly view it as a preferable alternative to lockdowns and shuttering doors

Last edited:

Dozens of stories, so again, in spite of mounting scientific evidence you’re going to fall back on dozens of stories in a country of 350 million. You go with stories, I’ll take the data. Yes there are many that are choosing to remain unvaccinated, & some of them will die because of it, but the portrayal of those people being responsible for the spread of Covid & emergence of the Delta variant is partisan bullshit that many continue to perpetuate. some even alluding to dozens of stories. I know you think you should get to tell people what to put in their body, but you don’t, even if your falsehoods about spread were true…

Reactions: DANC
if the delta variant (and presumably any other variant coming down the pike) is transmissible regardless of vaccination status, but those vaccinated don't get as sick and don't get hospitalized it's clearly worthwhile to press the gas pedal down on getting the recalcitrant vaccinated. the gov seems to be tapped out. maybe it's time to look to the private sector. as much as i was initially against it perhaps requiring vax id cards will persuade/coerce the holdouts. sports leagues could require them. the restaurant industry could ban together and require them. places of employment. while perhaps loathed to require ids these industries would certainly view it as a preferable alternative to lockdowns and shuttering doors

Employers are going to go to mandatory vax. It's already started.

There are articles saying both apparently. Another article says vaccinated people can spread delta variant just as easily but are 3 fold better protected from getting infected in the first place, thus the rate wouldn't be as high again among vaccinated people.

Something these idiots ignore before attacking me with insults

ADVERTISEMENT