ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine Shaming

Our school board walked out last night. They were trying to appoint a new head of the libraries and they were confronted about the sexual content of some of the books. They could not force the conversation where they wanted so they bolted. School starts next Wednesday and they have several parents that are now extremely in tune with what is being taught and enforced at the schools. I expect the fall to get ugly.
Is the school system in Indiana?

Yep. Zionsville voted last night to mask all children under 12. They had quite a bit of pushback at that meeting as well. People are fed up.
Oh yeah, Zionsville. Not surprised that board would be out of touch with its constituents.

I'll be interested to see what Carmel does.

What do you propose these school boards do?
Follow the science that COVID has almost zero impact on children that age. Zero. And for children that age, the bacteria and viruses that end up on the useless masks are a far bigger threat than COVID. So they don't need them and they should not wear them. And if the teachers are that scared, get your shot if you have not already, and if you have and you are still too terrified to go on with life, quit and become an anxiety filled recluse.

The benefit of private schools
Here in Charlotte, Catholic schools stayed open all year. Public schools were closed.

Charlotte is about as liberal a city as you will find anywhere. And the Democrat Governor is a dunce. North Carolina has so many New Yorkers and East Costers moving down here, it will be a solid blue state soon. The Democrat would have won the Senate seat easily if he hadn't been caught screwing around.

Here in Charlotte, Catholic schools stayed open all year. Public schools were closed.

Charlotte is about as liberal a city as you will find anywhere. And the Democrat Governor is a dunce. North Carolina has so many New Yorkers and East Costers moving down here, it will be a solid blue state soon. The Democrat would have won the Senate seat easily if he hadn't been caught screwing around.
ditto catholics here were all day school while publics were online

What do you propose these school boards do?
it's a balance. to me the value of maskless education for kids outweighs the risks of covid. the masks imo interfere greatly with the learning environment. if a teacher is concerned that teacher can get vaccinated. if enough families have issues where sending little johnny to school poses too much of a risk the district should set up an online option for those kids

Follow the science that COVID has almost zero impact on children that age. Zero. And for children that age, the bacteria and viruses that end up on the useless masks are a far bigger threat than COVID. So they don't need them and they should not wear them. And if the teachers are that scared, get your shot if you have not already, and if you have and you are still too terrified to go on with life, quit and become an anxiety filled recluse.
I have kids too. They didn’t think wearing a mask was a big deal. Seems the complainants are mostly from the adults.

I’m not sure what the answer is, but I’m also not brought to rage by discussion about masks. I’d prefer they don’t wear them, but I also don’t want them getting Covid. While the data says kids usually have mild cases, we still don’t know about long term effects. Masks seem a small price to me. Plus, keeping kids in school is the most important thing IMO. I want to do everything to avoid a 2 week quarantine at home.

it's a balance. to me the value of maskless education for kids outweighs the risks of covid. the masks imo interfere greatly with the learning environment. if a teacher is concerned that teacher can get vaccinated. if enough families have issues where sending little johnny to school poses too much of a risk the district should set up an online option for those kids
I agree re teachers. They should get vaxxed or get out. If they don’t get vaxxed, they should be required to use PTO for quarantine time. No excuse for the teachers.

I have kids too. They didn’t think wearing a mask was a big deal. Seems the complainants are mostly from the adults.

I’m not sure what the answer is, but I’m also not brought to rage by discussion about masks. I’d prefer they don’t wear them, but I also don’t want them getting Covid. While the data says kids usually have mild cases, we still don’t know about long term effects. Masks seem a small price to me. Plus, keeping kids in school is the most important thing IMO. I want to do everything to avoid a 2 week quarantine at home.
You've evidently never flown on an airplane with a (required) mask on a 2+ year old.

Families have been thrown off planes because the child will not wear a mask.

I agree re teachers. They should get vaxxed or get out. If they don’t get vaxxed, they should be required to use PTO for quarantine time. No excuse for the teachers.
and i understand some families have health issues that make sending a kid to school too risky. schools should continue with online options as well.

Reactions: TommyCracker
and i understand some families have health issues that make sending a kid to school too risky. schools should continue with online options as well.
Actually, online or off-site learning has been done for children unable to attend in person has been going on for a long time.

Actually, online or off-site learning has been done for children unable to attend in person has been going on for a long time.
keep it going. the whole thing is challenging. i remember last year watching my kid at home doing online because the public schools were closed while the neighbors on the street that attended catholic schools all running off to school. now mine will be in a mask all day while hte catholic schools won't and the second my kid gets home she'll take off her mask and run over to the catholic neighbor's house to play video games with those kids who weren't in masks all day

Reactions: DANC
keep it going. the whole thing is challenging. i remember last year watching my kid at home doing online because the public schools were closed while the neighbors on the street that attended catholic schools all running off to school. now mine will be in a mask all day while hte catholic schools won't and the second my kid gets home she'll take off her mask and run over to the catholic neighbor's house to play video games with those kids who weren't in masks all day
I do feel for the teachers though. I've talked with a few teachers over the past few months. They unilaterally told me that In school with masks was fine and 100% online was annoying, but OK. But when it came to having to try to do both at the same time (some kids in class and some online) they really struggled. They essentially were trying to teach while lugging a cart around with a laptop on it so that the online people could see them the whole time. It's not a perfect world where teachers can't always get what they want, but their preference would definitely be either all-in or all online.

(this post is more of a response to your previous post, not the quoted one).

for 9 months here i pushed for a two universe solution, where the olders were sheltered away, and the youngers who weren't really at risk could go about their day, keep the schools and economy going, and build herd immunity within their group.

that solution is now doable without sheltering away the olders.

as for herd immunity and variants, perhaps the key to that is everyone either being vaccinated, or the willing being vaccinated, and having a giant covid party for everyone not wanting to vaccinate.

"normal pre covid society behavior" would amount to a giant covid party for the unwilling to vaccinate.

not sure that dragging it out over time isn't the worst option for containing variants among the anti vaxers, and gaining herd immunity as much as possible.

that said, not mandating pharma relinquish any and all property rights, and going to a war footing getting all manufacturers involved with manufacturing as much vax as they can, as fast as they can, all financed by the industrialized world, is a crime in of itself, on top of the gain of function crime that brought us this in the first place.

no western industrialized country has handled anything well in the slightest, nor have the Chinese total PsOS.

the world that broke it needs to fix it now, and any money interests or their lobbyists or politicians not down with that 100%, can sit it out in the worst hell hole prison on earth till it's fixed around the world.

for 9 months here i pushed for a two universe solution, where the olders were sheltered away, and the youngers who weren't really at risk could go about their day, keep the schools and economy going, and build herd immunity within their group.

that solution is now doable without sheltering away the olders.

as for herd immunity and variants, perhaps the key to that is everyone either being vaccinated, or the willing being vaccinated, and having a giant covid party for everyone not wanting to vaccinate.

"normal pre covid society behavior" would amount to a giant covid party for the unwilling to vaccinate.

not sure that dragging it out over time isn't the worst option for containing variants among the anti vaxers, and gaining herd immunity as much as possible.

that said, not mandating pharma relinquish any and all property rights, and going to a war footing getting all manufacturers involved with manufacturing as much vax as they can, as fast as they can, all financed by the industrialized world, is a crime in of itself, on top of the gain of function crime that brought us this in the first place.

no western industrialized country has handled anything well in the slightest, nor have the Chinese total PsOS.

the world that broke it needs to fix it now, and any money interests or their lobbyists or politicians not down with that 100%, can sit it out in the worst hell hole prison on earth till it's fixed around the world.
you know i think you're crazy but i certainly remember your olders vs. youngers. i credited you often for being someone at least coming up with ideas and trying to conceive solutions. far more than stay home or wear masks

I think, from the perspective of uniformity and consistency, a school district should follow the advice and guidance (plus any regs) set forth by their local (county/state) health department. School districts deciding to do whatever they want this time means they're going to do whatever they want next time too.

Seems like a recipe for disaster at some point. I guess my argument would be, don't be mad at the school district about masks. Be mad at the health department if they are ones setting onerous regs/guidelines.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Didn't Marv point out that just like the Spanish flu, the threat to children wasn't a death sentence it was that they were the most popular bumble bees that spread it.

Which makes sense to me. Hopefully we can all agree that's its incredibly hard to not want to shower your children and grandchildren with love when you are around them....in return they unknowingly spread the virus.

It blows that we can't get people to get vaccinated so now we're back to trying to contain it which won't be very effective, especially with the fatigue we all have (the gf and I recently went to Cedar Point and I haven't worn as mask in months but it's required once you step into the building. I'll admit, it was annoying. I joked with her that I'm going to turn into a full on anti masker soldier. As an aside, Steel Vengeance is the greatest coaster I've ever been on. It's a three minute dukes of Hazzard car crash).

As far as the vaccines and covid in general, unfortunately many people have to experience something first hand before they realize it's seriousness.

Phil Valentine's current journey is kind of the poster child right now of it (conservative Tennessee radio host that's been a staunch anti covid, anti vax public voice (he even wrote a funny anti Vax song a couple of weeks ago) he got the delta, got hospitalized, put out a statement about regretting his anti Vax message and last night was put on a ventilator (which is a horrible sign) and most likely will be dead by next week.

Reactions: cosmickid
I think, from the perspective of uniformity and consistency, a school district should follow the advice and guidance (plus any regs) set forth by their local (county/state) health department. School districts deciding to do whatever they want this time means they're going to do whatever they want next time too.

Seems like a recipe for disaster at some point. I guess my argument would be, don't be mad at the school district about masks. Be mad at the health department if they are ones setting onerous regs/guidelines.
That was my point. If the experts are responding to the data and mandating masking (again), what should the schools do? It seems pretty reckless to ignore that just because we are all sick and tired of wearing a damn mask.

Didn't Marv point out that just like the Spanish flu, the threat to children wasn't a death sentence it was that they were the most popular bumble bees that spread it.

Which makes sense to me. Hopefully we can all agree that's its incredibly hard to not want to shower your children and grandchildren with love when you are around them....in return they unknowingly spread the virus.

It blows that we can't get people to get vaccinated so now we're back to trying to contain it which won't be very effective, especially with the fatigue we all have (the gf and I recently went to Cedar Point and I haven't worn as mask in months but it's required once you step into the building. I'll admit, it was annoying. I joked with her that I'm going to turn into a full on anti masker soldier. As an aside, Steel Vengeance is the greatest coaster I've ever been on. It's a three minute dukes of Hazzard car crash).

As far as the vaccines and covid in general, unfortunately many people have to experience something first hand before they realize it's seriousness.

Phil Valentine's current journey is kind of the poster child right now of it (conservative Tennessee radio host that's been a staunch anti covid, anti vax public voice (he even wrote a funny anti Vax song a couple of weeks ago) he got the delta, got hospitalized, put out a statement about regretting his anti Vax message and last night was put on a ventilator (which is a horrible sign) and most likely will be dead by next week.

Darwinism is a real thing

Reactions: TommyCracker
Those should definitely be counted as vaccine-related since they would be classified as Covid deaths or hospitalizations if they participants had the virus.
This is the second time I have heard of auto accidents and covid shots. We had an employee who took the covid shot and while driving down the road, essentially started not feeling well and while he was attempting to pull to the side of the road, blacks out. He later wakes up in an ambulance taking him to a hospital. Apparently he wound up flipping the car and was badly injured but will recover. Can’t say 100% the shot caused the accident, but that’s what the person who wrecked as well as his family and others believe. It’s scary if so.

Last edited:
this is the second time I have heard of auto accidents and covid shots. We had an employee who took the covid shot and while driving down the road, essentially started not feeling well and while he was attaenpting to pull to the side of the road, blacks out. He later wakes up in an ambulance taking him to a hospital. Apparently he wound up flipping the car and was badly injured but will recover. Can’t say 100% the shot caused the accident, but that’s what the person who wrecked as well as his family and others believe. It’s scary if so.

Did they wait the required 15 mins before getting in their car to protect in the event of a reaction?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Did they wait the required 15 mins before getting in their car to protect in the event of a reaction?
Yes. They flew for a business trip and after landing at the airport, went to get the rental car and wrecked after picking up the car. I am not sure how much time has passed after having the shot administered, but I know for certain it wasn’t right after receiving it.

300+ people retweeted this stupidity. Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to believe that vaccines don't affect Covid-19 mortality when we have witnessed it in almost every country with widespread vaccinations?

This is like saying that there is no evidence Cancer can cause deaths because just as many people without cancer died within a certain group from other causes. You have to be dumber than a box of rocks to take this seriously, but several news shows regularly have him on.

• Wow

Notice how they changed the claim and are hoping no one notices. Fauci is citing data comparing virus levels among different variants, not virus levels against unvaccinated. Same thing the India study compared, and in no way justifies their original justification and statements.

Has the FDA approved this vaccine?
12 months of clinical data is REQUIRED.

We have had 11.

Pfizer will be approved on or about August 31st, Moderna on or about Sept 21st, J&J on or about Nov. 1st.

That's like saying that IU's 2021 football season has yet to begin. What are they hiding? Why not NOW!

12 months of clinical data is REQUIRED.

We have had 11.

Pfizer will be approved on or about August 31st, Moderna on or about Sept 21st, J&J on or about Nov. 1st.

That's like saying that IU's 2021 football season has yet to begin. What are they hiding? Why not NOW!
I am asking because I don’t know the answer. Have there been other drugs that have been allowed for use by millions of Americans before the FDA approved?

Notice how they changed the claim and are hoping no one notices. Fauci is citing data comparing virus levels among different variants, not virus levels against unvaccinated. Same thing the India study compared, and in no way justifies their original justification and statements.

Fauci is enabling Canada bro's predictions that everyone laughed about at the time to actually start coming true, which is really disturbing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT