ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine Shaming

Your post is offensive. That word, "Trumpt*rd" is not allowed here and I would never use it.

Who did I call stupid? I'll wait.
I specifically mentioned who uses that type of term (are you a 20 or 30 something Twitter idiot?) and I would agree it is an offensive term. As far as not allowed here, lol. Search the word and you get 7 pages of hits where it is used. TMP is one poster in particular who is extremely fond of it.

As far as who you called stupid (or less smart) I will let your posts and subtext speak for you on that.

By the way, the CDC is ordering everyone (including the vaccinated) to mask up indoors again. Stuff like that is detrimental to the argument to get the vaccine.

Hardening their stance against the vaccine is just proving the so called namecallers correct.

Smart people can make dumb decisions sometimes

Last edited:
Hardening their stance against the vaccine is just proving the so called namecallers correct.

It is not necessarily a dumb decision for someone who is young and lives in a rural environment to reject a vaccine that is not approved and in their case probably unnecessary. It is them making a risk assessment call.

It is not necessarily a dumb decision...It is them making a risk assessment call.
And the risks that they assume to be true (infertility, heart attacks, microchips, programmed allegiance to Satan, turning liberal, being made into a vegan, etc) are made-up crap. Reliance on made-up crap is not smart.

It is not necessarily a dumb decision for someone who is young and lives in a rural environment to reject a vaccine that is not approved and in their case probably unnecessary. It is them making a risk assessment call.

Ok healthy hermits that only care of their own well being may not see the point

And the risks that they assume to be true (infertility, heart attacks, microchips, programmed allegiance to Satan, turning liberal, being made into a vegan, etc) are made-up crap. Reliance on made-up crap is not smart.
you have no clue what the long term re these vaccines will look like. none. what you should know is the history of negligence and fraud involving some of these companies. what you should also know is the miniscule death and hospital rates from covid (i.e. risk amongst healthy people). so if a young, healthy person doesn't want that vaccine so be it. there's nothing obscene about that choice. protect yourself and get vaccinated and be done with it.

How do you say I didn't read the posted article without saying you did not read the posted article?

You guys don't know half of what you think you know and then when provided the opportunity to expand your knowledge you reject it and double down on your own misconceptions.

Edit to add: And by doing so you ruin chances to influence people to your position. Also, your response kind of blows up your whole "who me?" post from a few hours ago.

Last edited:
I was responding to your post, which had no links to any posted article whatsoever.

I am well aware of the reasons that many people are using for not getting vacccinated, including two in my own immediate family.

their reasons include:
-it's against God's will
-it is intended to turn me away from Jesus, according to my church
-it is dangerous and untested
-all sorts of carnage, death, and destruction by the virus is being "covered up"

I love my brother (72) and my sister (68), but on this topic specifically, they are dumb. It's not that they are uninformed. They have the correct info too. But they ignore it.

I was responding to your post, which had no links to any posted article whatsoever.

I am well aware of the reasons that many people are using for not getting vacccinated, including two in my own immediate family.

their reasons include:
-it's against God's will
-all sorts of carnage, death, and destruction by the virus is being "covered up"

I love my brother (72) and my sister (68), but on this topic specifically, they are dumb. It's not that they are uninformed. They have the correct info too. But they ignore it.
Post in thread 'Vaccine Shaming' https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/vaccine-shaming.209402/post-3241858

The link to the article is literally the first thing in my initial response to you. Read the article. What you think you know based on your own anecdotal experience does not match reality. You are falling for the same group think that had you rejecting the lab leak theory just a few months ago.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

their reasons include:
-it's against God's will

You're assuming that there is NOT a single person out there that would weigh risks (based on what we know and what we don't know like long term risks, where they live, what they do, etc) and come to a different conclusion than your conclusion. Like IUCrazy2 said, if you only knew half what you think you know you would still be labeled as a genius.

And I am one that believes that people should get vaccinated but I don't believe, as you seem to, that every person is a nut who doesn't. There's lots of people look at the facts and think the risks are greater than the reward. Of course there's a bunch out there that believes there's a microchip in the vaccine (stupid).

Reactions: Crayfish57

We just have to start a national campaign that democrats don’t want Trump humpers/republicans/conservatives to get the vaccine so they are more likely to die. Then these hicks will line up around the corner to get the vacccine and own the libs.

You are falling for the same group think that had you rejecting the lab leak theory just a few months ago.
????

I have never, ever, not even once, rejected the lab leak hypothesis. Accidental exposure occuring in the lab has, from day 1, been a plausible scenario.

What has never made a lick of sense is the related "it was bioweapon that the evil Chinese engineered in a lab" hypothesis, one that a few on here (not all, by any means) have argued to be reasonable. I have explained why it is not reasonable (eg, genetic sequence, lack of insert sequences, a coronavirus not being a logical vehicle for delivery of a pathogen, why unleash it in the area where it was "created", etc.)

It was a bat virus that mutated and jumped to a person by accident. How that accident occurred is unknown and I'd certainly like to know. It's possible that bats or another animal infected by bats was housed in an animal facility, precautions were not followed, and a vivarium worker was infected. That has ALWAYS made sense. Somebody dropping a petri dish makes far less sense (it's really hard to grow in culture, but easy in an animal host. for example). Bioweapon has made no sense.

We just have to start a national campaign that democrats don’t want Trump humpers/republicans/conservatives to get the vaccine so they are more likely to die. Then these hicks will line up around the corner to get the vacccine and own the libs.
Yeah and how does that get the black community (one of the most reluctant communities and also staunchly Democrats) to take the shot?

Your conventional wisdom is a stupid lie.

Reactions: Spartans9312
????

I have never, ever, not even once, rejected the lab leak hypothesis. Accidental exposure occuring in the lab has, from day 1, been a plausible scenario.

What has never made a lick of sense is the related "it was bioweapon that the evil Chinese engineered in a lab" hypothesis, one that a few on here (not all, by any means) have argued to be reasonable. I have explained why it is not reasonable (eg, genetic sequence, lack of insert sequences, a coronavirus not being a logical vehicle for delivery of a pathogen, why unleash it in the area where it was "created", etc.)

It was a bat virus that mutated and jumped to a person by accident. How that accident occurred is unknown and I'd certainly like to know. It's possible that bats or another animal infected by bats was housed in an animal facility, precautions were not followed, and a vivarium worker was infected. That has ALWAYS made sense. Somebody dropping a petri dish makes far less sense (it's really hard to grow in culture, but easy in an animal host. for example). Bioweapon has made no sense.
Not having that argument with you again as this is just a look over there distraction. As to this conversation, have you bothered to read the article yet?

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Yeah and how does that get the black community (one of the most reluctant communities and also staunchly Democrats) to take the shot?

You’re talking about race. I’m talking about political affiliations.

By the way, the CDC is ordering everyone (including the vaccinated) to mask up indoors again. Stuff like that is detrimental to the argument to get the vaccine.
Quite the opposite. Ths CDC change is in direct reaction to the reality of what the anti-vaxxers have created.

This is all on the uneducated anti-vax crowd...unreal

There are clear unambiguous correlations with vaccine hesitancy. One is race. That has some underlying causes in history.

Another perhaps bigger correlation, affecting tens of millions more people, is political affiliation. There are no logical reasons for this correlation, though, other than ignorance and a leadership deficit.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
There are clear unambiguous correlations with vaccine hesitancy. One is race. That has some underlying causes in history.

Another perhaps bigger correlation, affecting tens of millions more people, is political affiliation. There are no logical reasons for this correlation, though, other than ignorance and a leadership deficit.
I give up, you never did say if you read the article, I take the consistent postings that are contra to the study as a no.

I think many of the people tasked with leading our country think like you though, which is part of the reason why people have dug in their heels.

their reasons include:
-it's against God's will

You are getting played

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Quite the opposite. Ths CDC change is in direct reaction to the reality of what the anti-vaxxers have created.

they weren’t good at adhering to masking to begin with. The people that did their part shouldn’t have to pay because of that. That’s disincentive to get vaxxed or boostered

Nail meet hammer.

We had a window to possibly kill this thing but instead we seem to be letting this thing get away.

It's f#$king annoying that we have to bend to the will of stupidity since we're all in one boat and co-dependent on each other because it's a damn airborne virus.

I'm not looking for it (so I'm being lazy) but is there any kind of numbers that are out there in regards to how big the groups are.... because based on % that seem to match up with the conservative/liberal breakdown along with the only aggressive anti vax conspiracies that I'm aware of are circulated from the right wing media apparatus....along with how the market ripped higher after Hannity, Desantis and Ingraham started encouraging it's viewers to get jabbed.....makes me believe that the largest subset holding us back are anti vax Trumpers.

But I admittedly don't know the breakdown and also admittedly know there is hesitancy among black males in particular.

I'm not looking for it (so I'm being lazy) but is there any kind of numbers that are out there in regards to how big the groups are.... because based on % that seem to match up with the conservative/liberal breakdown along with the only aggressive anti vax conspiracies that I'm aware of are circulated from the right wing media apparatus....along with how the market ripped higher after Hannity, Desantis and Ingraham started encouraging it's viewers to get jabbed.....makes me believe that the largest subset holding us back are anti vax Trumpers.

But I admittedly don't know the breakdown and also admittedly know there is hesitancy among black males in particular.

they lag in literally every state

they lag in literally every state

Yeah, the thing is you won't get that in the headline, you have to go down to the interactive graph to see that. After they mention whites, and evangelicals, and the rate in the few states where African Americans and Hispanics are not lagging the white population.

Given how few people apparently read my article yesterday, it is easy to see how the conventional wisdom is spread. The Bloomberg article is a classic example. The headline and first few paragraphs focus on whites not getting vaccinated, particularly whites of certain religious or political affiliations. You do not start to get a more full story until after that graph (and also after most people have stopped reading). They also blame minority reluctance on inequity, although they state in their own article that the vaccines are available just about everywhere now.

There is an incessant need among some people to feel like they are superior to the "rubes".

One last point, for those who tend to post the one line responses (looking at you @ButHerEmails and @iu hickory) what do you get out of this forum? Both of you have talked about the right wanting to "own the libs" but one of you doesn't post anything of value at all and the other is few and far between...so what are you here to do other than "own the cons" or post cheerleading content for "your side" that equates to a verbal thumbs up for left leaning individuals who at least have enough of a developed philosophy to post an argument. There are some right leaning posters that get taken to task over being combative, but they at least post some content. IU Hickory is basically nothing but mental vomit on a thread. Literally the least intellectually stimulating poster on the board. Your next post with any content beyond "nyah nyah Trump, conservatives suck and Democrats rule" will be your first post with any content. Kudos to you I guess. It takes a whole lot of effort to be that worthless.

CDC can get bent. I had the real thing. I got vaxxed. I’m not wearing a mask now because Cletus is struggling
I get this sentiment. Like you, I’ve had Covid and have been vaccinated. However, I’m not keen of getting Covid again. Or giving it to my 5th grader.

I recently read an article about studies on the brain and Covid. It was highly concerning. Especially with a history of Alzheimer’s in my family. With what we still don’t know, getting Covid (again) is a risk I’d rather not take.

Selective Concerns . . . In my area, there is a big concern about youth getting the COVID and the "possibility" it may be fatal. So far this year no youth has (thankfully) passed from COVID but if one does, some segments of the population here will panic.

However, in the same time period, we have lost 3 teens to car accidents, and even though there has been sympathy expressed to the victims and the survivors there has been no outrage over the deaths. I have not seen even one person here ask what can we do to stop this.

Every year traffic accidents are the leading cause of teen deaths in the USA but no politician and no public health official or community activist has demanded that this change?

To me, a death is a death, and vehicle accidents are pretty much preventable.

their reasons include:
-it's against God's will

Your family is especially dumb. I know some that haven’t gotten it but none of the ludicrous things you posted are among the reasons…

Reactions: Crayfish57
Selective Concerns . . . In my area, there is a big concern about youth getting the COVID and the "possibility" it may be fatal. So far this year no youth has (thankfully) passed from COVID but if one does, some segments of the population here will panic.

However, in the same time period, we have lost 3 teens to car accidents, and even though there has been sympathy expressed to the victims and the survivors there has been no outrage over the deaths. I have not seen even one person here ask what can we do to stop this.

Every year traffic accidents are the leading cause of teen deaths in the USA but no politician and no public health official or community activist has demanded that this change?

Ok, so since we are not doing enought to prevent auto accidents, you are going to be mad and not get a jab.

Perfect sense.

Vaccinating youths for COVID is more about keeping them from spreading it than it is protecting them from getting really sick.

I get this sentiment. Like you, I’ve had Covid and have been vaccinated. However, I’m not keen of getting Covid again. Or giving it to my 5th grader.

I recently read an article about studies on the brain and Covid. It was highly concerning. Especially with a history of Alzheimer’s in my family. With what we still don’t know, getting Covid (again) is a risk I’d rather not take.

Wearing a mask isn't going to prevent YOU from getting it again. It may help reduce transmission to others, but unless you are wearing around your house with your kid, you aren't actually doing anything.

Also, the entire point of the vaccine is to not only significantly reduce transmission, but also symptoms and physical impact.

ADVERTISEMENT