ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine Shaming

What a self-righteous, narcissistic a-hole this guy turned out to be.

I have a 23 year-old healthy, athletic, no pre-existing conditions cousin who was diagnosed with Covid several months ago. He was only mildly ill but lost his sense of taste and smell and still hasn't recovered it. That is a huge complication.
So, I'm a "self-righteous, narcissistic a-hole" because I'm choosing not to get the vaccine? By your logic, I should be able to publicly shame you for any of your private healthcare decisions.

My only point in any of it is that we don't really know anything yet. We sort of know what 6 months looks like. I have no problem with anyone being skeptical.

We know how dangerous covid is between deaths and complications from having covid.

Do you really see there being any chance of the vaccine being worse? Plus, the vaccine isn't based on new science so it's not like this is going into the great unknown.

Are any of the vaccine ingredients toxic or dangerous?​

At the small doses planned for these vaccines, none of the chemicals above are expected to be toxic or dangerous. mRNA by itself is not dangerous. In fact, there is mRNA inside the cells of all plants and animals.

The vaccines were able to be developed quickly because these companies were already studying mRNA to make vaccines and medications against other diseases. Because of this, there is a great deal of research about all of the ingredients in Pfizer and Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccines in peer-reviewed scientific literature.

Since the COVID-19 vaccines use a genetic sequence instead of killed or weakened viruses to create an immune response, there is no chance you will get COVID-19 from the vaccine. It also means these vaccines are much easier to manufacture than other types of vaccines.

So, I'm a "self-righteous, narcissistic a-hole" because I'm choosing not to get the vaccine? By your logic, I should be able to publicly shame you for any of your private healthcare decisions.

And you are going to put yourself in a bubble so YOUR healthcare decisions don't affect the rest of us.

Define what you mean. Also, you should have used "affect" rather than "effect." Thanks.

Unvaccinated people are more contagious and will inevitably spread it more people (unknowingly or knowingly). The longer it takes to get herd immunity, the longer covid is given to mutate and possibly become resistant to the vaccine.

So people like you are just causing us all to live in this pandemic longer.

But keep being you. Doing great (sarcasm).

Lulz @ China

I get the desire to point and laugh at the Chinese government, but man is that "lulz" in bad taste when the people who will be affected by this are the working class Chinese people who had nothing to do with the virus response nor with the propaganda war.

We know how dangerous covid is between deaths and complications from having covid.

Do you really see there being any chance of the vaccine being worse? Plus, the vaccine isn't based on new science so it's not like this is going into the great unknown.

Are any of the vaccine ingredients toxic or dangerous?​

At the small doses planned for these vaccines, none of the chemicals above are expected to be toxic or dangerous. mRNA by itself is not dangerous. In fact, there is mRNA inside the cells of all plants and animals.

The vaccines were able to be developed quickly because these companies were already studying mRNA to make vaccines and medications against other diseases. Because of this, there is a great deal of research about all of the ingredients in Pfizer and Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccines in peer-reviewed scientific literature.

Since the COVID-19 vaccines use a genetic sequence instead of killed or weakened viruses to create an immune response, there is no chance you will get COVID-19 from the vaccine. It also means these vaccines are much easier to manufacture than other types of vaccines.

I do not see any vaccine as worse. But I can see how a reasonable person could be skeptical. If you can’t, you can’t. I don’t honestly care if you or anyone else agrees with that.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I can see how someone who hasn't done any research being skeptical but not if they actually cared to look into the pros and cons of the vaccine.

Reactions: outside shooter
Unvaccinated people are more contagious and will inevitably spread it more people (unknowingly or knowingly). The longer it takes to get herd immunity, the longer covid is given to mutate and possibly become resistant to the vaccine.

So people like you are just causing us all to live in this pandemic longer.

But keep being you. Doing great (sarcasm).
I've already had COVID-19, meaning my body has produced antibodies against it. My doctor verified this after I received the antibody test. Therefore, I have contributed to our society reaching herd immunity. Thanks for your concern, though.

I've already had COVID-19, meaning my body has produced antibodies against it. My doctor verified this after I received the antibody test. Therefore, I have contributed to our society reaching herd immunity. Thanks for your concern, though.
So, you came here and started a thread under the guise of wanting to hear people's thoughts and have a discussion. In reality, you wanted neither unless they fell in line with your preconceived notions, as evidenced by your subsequent posts. You have made it clear that you will never get the vaccine, and in your opinion, anyone who is concerned about the coronavirus must be a physically inferior specimen who doesn't work out nearly as often or as intensely as you.
Tell us again...what was your initial purpose of starting this thread?

So, you came here and started a thread under the guise of wanting to hear people's thoughts and have a discussion. In reality, you wanted neither unless they fell in line with your preconceived notions, as evidenced by your subsequent posts. You have made it clear that you will never get the vaccine, and in your opinion, anyone who is concerned about the coronavirus must be a physically inferior specimen who doesn't work out nearly as often or as intensely as you.
Tell us again...what was your initial purpose of starting this thread?
Vaccine shaming. It’s in the title

Yep, we now have 6 cases out of 7 million J&J doses, and 1 death. Assuming they are linked, and we don't yet KNOW that but it may well be true, that is an issue but statistically, I wonder how many of the 7 million would have died or suffered sever complications from COVID if left unvaccinated?
I bet more people died in car wrecks on their way to and from the vaccination site.

Is this Huncho?

screen_shot_2020-07-28_at_20.39.58.jpg

Whew! I saw this pic and was pretty concerned somebody lifted one of my selfies off Facebook but then realized, to my great relief, it wasn't me. I never wear Under Armour briefs. Resemblance was uncanny though.

I already had COVID-19, and I was completely fine. I only lost taste and smell for a few days. I'm not afraid to get it again because I know I am a young, very healthy person with a tremendous immune system.

It's ok if you're afraid of people like me who are independent thinkers and aren't afraid to stand up to the woke mob. Not many people in our society these days have the gumption or the fortitude to stand up for what they believe in. I refuse to be a sheep like you, bud.
You left out arrogant and over confident from your self description.

Looks like the NFL has announced all Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel must be vaccinated in order to participate next season. As a refresher below are explanations of who are in those two tiers.

• Tier 1 will consist of players, coaches, trainers, physicians and necessary personnel who must have direct access to the players.
• Tier 2 will consist of general managers, football operations employees, other assistant coaches, video personnel, security, and other essential personnel who may need to be in close proximity to the players and other Tier 1 individuals who may need to access restricted areas. Only individuals assigned to Tiers 1 and 2 will be permitted access to restricted areas, and there will be limits on the number of individuals from each team that can be assigned Tier 1 and Tier 2 access at any given time.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-team-employees-refuse-vaccination-bona-fide-barred-tier-1-2

And with some cooperation from the masses, we pretty much whipped smallpox.
Not just "pretty much"... it was completely eradicated from the planet, after killing 300-500 million people between 1900 and 1979. Yes, you read that right, 300-500 million.

Polio has gotten close to eradication.

Reactions: Spartans9312
So, he’s here to shame the vaccine? Okay, I guess.
You seem to be here to shame anyone who has a viewpoint that is contrary to yours. I hope you get the vaccine if you want to get it. That's the difference between you and me. I am an adult, which means I don't have a meltdown any time someone has a different viewpoint than me.

Bad sign if PA is approaching "the wall" already
PA has handled this as poorly as possible. They were staunch in their requirement of only servicing the 1A group long past all other states started to move towards opening up. My doc buddy down street says the hospital systems were throwing away ~30% of doses every day because there weren’t enough 1As coming in.

This is what happens when we let government (in this case a horribly led PA government) dictate who gets doses. We have advanced amd widespread healthcare systems here and they are more than capable of ensuring a good vaccine rollout. But no, big government had to run it ... into the ground.

PA has handled this as poorly as possible. They were staunch in their requirement of only servicing the 1A group long past all other states started to move towards opening up. My doc buddy down street says the hospital systems were throwing away ~30% of doses every day because there weren’t enough 1As coming in.

This is what happens when we let government (in this case a horribly led PA government) dictate who gets doses. We have advanced amd widespread healthcare systems here and they are more than capable of ensuring a good vaccine rollout. But no, big government had to run it ... into the ground.
It amazes me the number of otherwise smart people that thinks the government needs to become larger and more involved in different aspects of our lives. This should be an example that shows we need government contraction, but there is no chance.

You seem to be here to shame anyone who has a viewpoint that is contrary to yours. I hope you get the vaccine if you want to get it. That's the difference between you and me. I am an adult, which means I don't have a meltdown any time someone has a different viewpoint than me.
This whole thread has been your meltdown. Own it.

Bulk, your wife wanted me to tell you she said hello.

In response to your question, I've not once attempted to shame anyone who has a different view than mine. On the contrary, really. I've fully supported anyone who wants to get the vaccine. I've stated that multiple times. The reality is I've been mercilessly attacked for my own desire to not be vaccinated. There doesn't seem to be a sense of mutual respect for personal decisions on this board. I hope you have a great day!
Thanks for the first sentence of this post. I can now dismiss everything you write as the immature prattling of a middle-schooler with severe low-esteem issues who overcompensates on an anonymous message board with tales of HIIT workouts and superhuman health.
Now, you go and have a good day. Don't you have your own wife to impregnate?

Not just "pretty much"... it was completely eradicated from the planet, after killing 300-500 million people between 1900 and 1979. Yes, you read that right, 300-500 million.

Why didn't the FDA announce its findings about blood clots but allow those who want to proceed with their J&J shot to do so?

Reactions: Cortez88
I saw the image below this morning. This has AstraZenica, J&J is even less.

jj.png
i think the broader point is that it's a vaccine against a virus that does nothing to most people. almost zero percent chance of dying for healthy people. so you're asking them to put a foreign substance in their body from a company with a long history of frightening negligence for the betterment of others. i'm in but i understand the reluctance.

I know that they say it is eradicated but I don't believe that. If possible to know for sure I'd bet there is some laying around somewhere.

Completely bizarre handling of this by the administration. How Not To Do PR 101.
I agree, the risk doesn't seem to warrant the action. I would guess they are trying to show they are closely monitoring and willing to act. But I fear whatever feeling of security they are trying to create is more than offset by creating unnecessary fear.

Reactions: Cortez88
i think the broader point is that it's a vaccine against a virus that does nothing to most people. almost zero percent chance of dying for healthy people. so you're asking them to put a foreign substance in their body from a company with a long history of frightening negligence for the betterment of others. i'm in but i understand the reluctance.
I was scheduled to get the J&J vaccine this week. I did change to Moderna. So there's that.

It amazes me the number of otherwise smart people that thinks the government needs to become larger and more involved in different aspects of our lives. This should be an example that shows we need government contraction, but there is no chance.
You could replace government in your scenario with "large multinational corporations" and get a similar number of otherwise smart people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT