ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine Shaming

I wonder how many of the 32% that make up the black & Hispanic demo are Dem’s? Throw in the confirmed 10% white Dems & wouldn’t it be closer than many are portraying it to be or am I misinterpreting the data? (Which is very possible)
Good question.

My memory thought the numbers that voted for Trump was 6% Black and 32% Hispanic.

And around 60% of those eligible to vote did.

That's going off of my ass though.

and there it is: lockdowns

Buckle up, CNN (yes I know, fake news) came out with the portfolio of unvaxxed and white republicans make up 37% of the unvaxxed.

18% Hispanic
14% Black
11% White Independent
10% White Democrat
10% Other

30 effing 7 percent. As we assumed.

Mainly because of right wing leadership and talking heads sowing doubt in our one window to get to real freedom (that we got to enjoy for a little bit).

But no, we're letting our window of stepping on the neck of the virus slip away because.....some of the dumbest, nonsensical conspiracy theories.

You want fear mongering. The vaccine contains a micro chip, no it magnetizes you, no it's just a way for the govt to control you, no all the numbers are fake, no....to whatever's next.

Watching DeSantis, Kennedy, McConnell, Hannity sharply pivot to pro vaccine over the past two weeks has got to make people go...oh shit, this must be bad.

Florida reported 17,000 cases yesterday and had almost 100,000 in a week.

You mentioned 'where are the deaths!!?'. Yeah death rates come about 4 to 6 weeks later so we'll see how they are at the end of August, right when school is starting.

Hopefully with the vax and the better treatment discoveries they won't be insane like last winter.

So yeah, I'd throw your comment back at the far right. You've fought us at every step from first recognizing it to masking to lockdowns and now to the vax.

We are literally never going to be free from you guys are we?
Your first several paragraphs were addressed by the article I linked earlier. It is not microchips driving it, it is the young and rural who are shying away from the vaccine because they are doing a risk assessment for themselves. And they may be making a bad decision for themselves but if you have the vaccine, you should be fine.

And you all cannot even be honest with the damn arguments. At it's worst COVID is a nasty, nasty disease for the elderly and a more vicious form of the flu for the young. That is the reality. That does not mean it is a bad idea to still protect yourself because a bout of COVID can be a nasty thing, but an entire argument that starts on the premise of a lie and then has different sets of rules depending on which political narrative is being addressed is going to cause those whom are on the butt end of that to be combative.

There are 100,000 plus people a month crossing the southern border, many of them with COVID who are then being shipped around the country and not followed up with. The people crossing said border are coming from all over the world. Places where the virus is raging. No vaccine administered when they cross. No thought that maybe we should close the border in a pandemic. That's okay though because VOTES. Last summer we had to lock down and could not go anywhere but protesting in mass was okay because ACAB and Orange Man Bad. Get the vaccine and you are free....oops not so much.

Bunch of lying nanny state jerk offs screwed this whole thing up and now they are pissed at the people who noticed that the rules did not matter for everyone, just those that the people in charge wanted under control.

I got my vaccine. People in this country used to be free to make decisions for themselves and be accountable for the results of those decisions. Now we all have to comply or everyone suffers.

To your last point, based on polling there are a whole bunch of people on both sides who would be more than happy to be rid of the other.

C'mon man...early and more widespread vaccination would have kicked this thing to the curb months ago. Instead...
I have no idea if that’s true. It could be true. But from what I’m reading this delta variant is tantamount to a novel virus and those vaccinated transmit it the same as unvaccinated.

Reactions: jet812
I wonder how many of the 32% that make up the black & Hispanic demo are Dem’s? Throw in the confirmed 10% white Dems & wouldn’t it be closer than many are portraying it to be or am I misinterpreting the data? (Which is very possible)
Heard today New York is 45# unvaccinated. Dims outnumber Republicans by at least 3-1.

I don't think the majority of unvaccinated are Republicans.

And let's not talk about the millions of unvaccinated people crossing the border illegally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
sorry if already posted. 74% were fully vaccinated. if these vaccines turn out not to be the panacea we had hoped (or at least as they relate to variants) i wonder where we are on treatment. i haven't heard much about innovations to treat covid

different source

Get the vaccine or else....or else things may end up the same.

Keystone Cops.

C'mon man...early and more widespread vaccination would have kicked this thing to the curb months ago. Instead...
No it wouldn't, unless you vaccinated about a billion Indians. You act like we are the only country dealing with the virus. The Delta variant developed elsewhere and then ended up here. As have most of the variants that I am aware of. You could have 90% vaccinated and what the CDC released would still be a problem.

You know something that could stop the spread from foreign countries though? Oh, I don't know, maybe stopping the flood of immigrants at our southern border from third world countries everyday? Might help? Foreign travel restrictions? Might help. But hey, land of the free unless you are a citizen right.

Trending that way
Lockdown forever.

I will say this, Fauci and anyone else who was funding that lab in any way shape or form should have their ass hauled off to the same jail the Jan. 6th people are sitting at so they can rot in solitary confinement as well. Those idiots have done far more damage to this country than any of those rioters could ever imagine.

Lockdown forever.

I will say this, Fauci and anyone else who was funding that lab in any way shape or form should have their ass hauled off to the same jail the Jan. 6th people are sitting at so they can rot in solitary confinement as well. Those idiots have done far more damage to this country than any of those rioters could ever imagine.
Well they damn sure shouldn't be telling everyone else how to run their lives!

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
Lockdown forever.

Lockdown forever.

No words. We’re more worried about vilifying the spreadnecks that won’t get vaccinated and what we call the virus than the criminal acts and coverup. Republican govs will be happy to hear lockdown talk.

Reactions: jet812 and DANC
No it wouldn't, unless you vaccinated about a billion Indians. You act like we are the only country dealing with the virus. The Delta variant developed elsewhere and then ended up here. As have most of the variants that I am aware of. You could have 90% vaccinated and what the CDC released would still be a problem.
The Delta variant indeed developed elsewhere and then it became entrenched here because of our low vaccination rate. If we had 90% vacinated here, a traveler from India carrying the Delta variant wouldn't be able to infect enough people for it to be problematic.

If an infected person then infects <1 other person, on average, the infection never becomes an outbreak.

If an infected person then infects >1 other person, on average, the infection will become an outbreak.

The best way to get the number <1 in any location is through effective vaccination.

You might have a point if/when the zeta or whatever variant down the road emerges and vaccinations are useless against it. That isn't what we have now, though.

You're a fool for continuing to make this about politics and "us versus them."

It's no secret that I don't like Trump, but the Trump administration deserves credit for spearheading Operation Warp Speed and the quick rollout of the vaccines. Now, even with the more contagious Delta variant and the surge in hospitalizations in places like Missouri, Jacksonville and Orlando, vaccines are keeping people from coming down with serious cases of the virus and keeping them out of the hospital. On the other hand, many people who have previously argued against the vaccine are unfortunately now paying the price, with the link below providing a sad example.

https://wpln.org/post/conservative-...s-brother-says-its-time-to-go-get-vaccinated/
What if they gave a vaccine and hardly anyone came?

I can give Trump only a little credit for Operation Warp Speed because I also remember that some of the drug companies pushed back on this last year, saying they had already geared up to develop the vaccines as quickly without any prompting by the government to hurry up.

More to the point, Trump has done virtually nothing to encourage people to actually get vaccinated and, to my knowledge, has not even confirmed that he and his family were vaccinated. Instead, every chance he got, Trump undercut health officials so effectively that his supporters still won't follow their advice to get vaccinated (or take other precautions either)

Vaccines do no good if they are not administered. Giving him credit for Warp Speed is like crediting a kickoff returner who returns the ball 80 yards but loses interest and stops before crossing the goal line. Trump shouldn't get massive credit for vaccinations, because he didn't cross the goal line.

The Delta variant indeed developed elsewhere and then it became entrenched here because of our low vaccination rate. If we had 90% vacinated here, a traveler from India carrying the Delta variant wouldn't be able to infect enough people for it to be problematic.

If an infected person then infects <1 other person, on average, the infection never becomes an outbreak.

If an infected person then infects >1 other person, on average, the infection will become an outbreak.

The best way to get the number <1 in any location is through effective vaccination.

You might have a point if/when the zeta or whatever variant down the road emerges and vaccinations are useless against it. That isn't what we have now, though.
Wait - you haven't read your own propaganda that even the vaccinated can still spread the delta variant?

You' so confused.

Reactions: jet812 and Lucy01
Well.....that's a pretty conservative take on things.......but I know you don't mean it when it comes to anyone other than whites who voted for Trump......I don't see you directing any of your venom toward the large % of AAs who haven't been vaccinated.....Do you have lower expectations for them?
So . . . do you use this "conservative" vs. "liberal" prism on all ideas? I could make a damned good case that the 33 stages of maturation was a "liberal" idea in the traditional sense of the word, or that it's neither conservative nor liberal. I mean does Burke or Hayak talk about the 3 stages of maturation? That little revelation tells me a lot about how wrapped up in yourself you are.

As for the rest of your post, you know nothing - not a damned thing - about me. I haven't used any venom in any of my posts today . . . those who know my venom will attest to that. 😇

What if they gave a vaccine and hardly anyone came?

I can give Trump only a little credit for Operation Warp Speed because I also remember that some of the drug companies pushed back on this last year, saying they had already geared up to develop the vaccines as quickly without any prompting by the government to hurry up.

More to the point, Trump has done virtually nothing to encourage people to actually get vaccinated and, to my knowledge, has not even confirmed that he and his family were vaccinated. Instead, every chance he got, Trump undercut health officials so effectively that his supporters still won't follow their advice to get vaccinated (or take other precautions either)

Vaccines do no good if they are not administered. Giving him credit for Warp Speed is like crediting a kickoff returner who returns the ball 80 yards but loses interest and stops before crossing the goal line. Trump shouldn't get massive credit for vaccinations, because he didn't cross the goal line.
Those would be the same drug companies that announced their 90+% effectiveness rates a week after the election. Sure, we should definitely believe them.

Can the vaccinated can still spread the delta variant? yes. R-naught is not zero

The better question to ask is
Do the vaccinated spread the delta variant as efficiently as the unvaccinated?

The answer is no. R-naught is not zero, but is far less that the R-naught of the unvaccinated.

The vaccinated are infectious for a shorter period of time, with a lower viral load, with a lower amount of viral shed in every breath, relative to the unvaccinated plague rats.

Immune systems work. They, and all of science really, are not a figment of some liberal agenda.

Square what you are saying with the ABC article MM66 posted. Those are vaccinated people getting the virus and then capable of spreading it to others, right?

Reactions: DANC
Square what you are saying with the ABC article MM66 posted. Those are vaccinated people getting the virus and then capable of spreading it to others, right?
Yes, R-naught is non-zero.

It's possible for me to get type 2 diabetes despite being of normal weight. The odds are non-zero. It is 10x more likely for me to get type 2 diabetes if I am obese.

So, science recommends you not be obese.

Whoa, whoa, you say... my cousins barber's dog walker was skinny and got it, so I'm going to McDonalds for 3 McRibs, you stinkin' science-lovin' libtard...

Reactions: TommyCracker
Heard today New York is 45# unvaccinated. Dims outnumber Republicans by at least 3-1.

I don't think the majority of unvaccinated are Republicans.

And let's not talk about the millions of unvaccinated people crossing the border illegally.
You "heard"? Proof please

It's possible for me to get type 2 diabetes despite being of normal weight. The odds are non-zero. It is 10x more likely for me to get type 2 diabetes if I am obese.

Whoa, whoa, you say... my cousins barber's dog walker was skinny and got it, so I'm going to McDonalds for 3 McRibs, you stinkin' science-lovin' libtard...

This is the similar points that I've heard. Whatever we did was not 100% effective so it's complete bullshit!

I've always used the goalie analogy. Even if the vaccine is Patrick Roy and Martin Broduer together...they will still allow some goals to get in.

But the odds are much greater than saying f it, take them out and go with an open net.

facts first....as of 11AM this morning:

68.3% of New Yorkers 18 or over are fully vaccinated
56.8% of all New Yorkers are fully vaccinated
74.9% of New Yorkers 18 or over have gotten at least one vaccine dose
62.7% of all New Yorkers have gotten at least one vaccine dose

No, I am arguing that we are never going to get to a risk that is not non-zero. If Delta blows through the country, it should impart that natural immunity that the body can develop. At a certain point you have to allow people to make their decisions. Additionally, the current methods of convincing the hold outs are not working, but instead of trying to recalibrate the message, we are just doubling and tripling down on insulting people.

Finally, I don't like the (insert something)tard epithet. It is why I called out it's use against the very people we are talking about being called that. That's a deeply personal one for me and it is one of the terms that we threw around in my childhood that even now can sometimes be hard to shake. I am glad it is slowly being dustbinned.

No words. We’re more worried about vilifying the spreadnecks that won’t get vaccinated and what we call the virus than the criminal acts and coverup. Republican govs will be happy to hear lockdown talk.
Side note, I like the term spreadnecks.

Haven't heard that one before.

Back to being serious, lockdowns I'm afraid are going to really cause us to combust. As you can tell, if I represent the left I'm going to be twice as cynical about the perceived 'arrogant and selfish dumbassness of the right'.

I still believe that the quick pivot from republican leaders over the past week or so means really bad news.

Your guy campaigns on 'Dont Fauchi my Florida' to 'pleade get vaccinated' (then you see Florida numbers explode.

From a political hack POV, you don't want to be on the wrong side of history on this.

Which again, makes me think this wave is going to nasty.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Side note, I like the term spreadnecks.

Haven't heard that one before.

Back to being serious, lockdowns I'm afraid are going to really cause us to combust. As you can tell, if I represent the left I'm going to be twice as cynical about the perceived 'arrogant and selfish dumbassness of the right'.

I still believe that the quick pivot from republican leaders over the past week or so means really bad news.

Your guy campaigns on 'Dont Fauchi my Florida' to 'pleade get vaccinated' (then you see Florida numbers explode.

From a political hack POV, you don't want to be on the wrong side of history on this.

Which again, makes me think this wave is going to nasty.
"I still believe that the quick pivot from republican leaders over the past week or so means really bad news."

Another straw man you and your fellow leftists throw around. What pivot? Republicans leaders have always encouraged getting the virus.

They don't want to force anyone to get it, which is what really pisses you off.

My body, my choice, remember?

This is the similar points that I've heard. Whatever we did was not 100% effective so it's complete bullshit!

I've always used the goalie analogy. Even if the vaccine is Patrick Roy and Martin Broduer together...they will still allow some goals to get in.

But the odds are much greater than saying f it, take them out and go with an open net.
You are saying that you can't guarantee that Steve Alford is going to make this free throw? It's only 90%, and not a sure thing at all? Then might as well send Shaq up there.

Your first several paragraphs were addressed by the article I linked earlier. It is not microchips driving it, it is the young and rural who are shying away from the vaccine because they are doing a risk assessment for themselves. And they may be making a bad decision for themselves but if you have the vaccine, you should be fine.

And you all cannot even be honest with the damn arguments. At it's worst COVID is a nasty, nasty disease for the elderly and a more vicious form of the flu for the young. That is the reality. That does not mean it is a bad idea to still protect yourself because a bout of COVID can be a nasty thing, but an entire argument that starts on the premise of a lie and then has different sets of rules depending on which political narrative is being addressed is going to cause those whom are on the butt end of that to be combative.

There are 100,000 plus people a month crossing the southern border, many of them with COVID who are then being shipped around the country and not followed up with. The people crossing said border are coming from all over the world. Places where the virus is raging. No vaccine administered when they cross. No thought that maybe we should close the border in a pandemic. That's okay though because VOTES. Last summer we had to lock down and could not go anywhere but protesting in mass was okay because ACAB and Orange Man Bad. Get the vaccine and you are free....oops not so much.

Bunch of lying nanny state jerk offs screwed this whole thing up and now they are pissed at the people who noticed that the rules did not matter for everyone, just those that the people in charge wanted under control.

I got my vaccine. People in this country used to be free to make decisions for themselves and be accountable for the results of those decisions. Now we all have to comply or everyone suffers.

To your last point, based on polling there are a whole bunch of people on both sides who would be more than happy to be rid of the other.
Thanks for getting vaccinated.

And I don't disagree with all of your points. I agree we should have locked down the borders more securely during this health crisis as much as I believe you guys are doing your thing by trying to find scapegoats to defend behavior.

I've grown tired of it all also and future lockdowns, like I said in my reply to MM, is going to trigger both sides.

What a f#$king nightmare.

Finally, I don't like the (insert something)tard epithet. It is why I called out it's use against the very people we are talking about being called that. That's a deeply personal one for me and it is one of the terms that we threw around in my childhood that even now can sometimes be hard to shake. I am glad it is slowly being dustbinned.
I agree with you whole heartedly and apologize for that. I have actually railed against other people for that, and have even reported people for doing it. So no way should I have ever gone there. I'd be happy to go back and delete it, but since you quoted it I will leave it stand and sincerely apologize.

I would really appreciate the board's thoughts on vaccine shaming. Prior to the vaccine being available, mask shaming was, and remains, a very prevalent issue throughout our society.

To be clear, I have zero issues with any of the available vaccines. I fully support each person's decision to either receive the vaccine or to not receive the vaccine. I will always be a firm believer in a person's healthcare decisions being a private matter and not something that is up for discussion unless that person so chooses.

Unfortunately for me, my wife's family has been pushing me and her to receive the vaccine. Upon learning that we are holding off for now, they were mortified and began lecturing us on why that is a terrible decision. Quite frankly, our decision is none of their business, just as their healthcare decisions are none of our business. We are the only family members remaining who have NOT received the vaccine. We do not have any individuals within either of our families who are in the at-risk category.

To be clear, we have gone out of our way to adhere to the health and safety protocols outlined by the CDC. We have also made a conscious effort to stay away from elderly people as well as those with pre-existing conditions. I'll gladly wear a mask and maintain social distancing when required.

Thoughts?
Well, you're gonna like some of what I have to say, and not like some of it. Here goes:

You can do whatever you want so long as you are willing to live with the consequences. That said, the same principle applies to everybody else. Your wife's parents don't have to include you and her in their lives either . . . is that part of your motivation here, to get rid of them?

You don't say how old they are, but my guess is they're a least in their 50s, probably in their 60s and maybe in their 70s. Their health risks associated with COVID - even with being vaccinated - may be significant. You're putting them and your wife in a position where there is no good answer for the problem they have. They can either cut y'all out of their lives altogether or they can take the risk that y'all will bring Covid to them, or they might bring Covid either to you or her or both.

For what reason? "Ain't nobody gonna tell me what to do"? Politics? (noting your Punisher avatar . . . .)

Their best option is to try to shame y'all into getting vaccinated so they don't have to face an impossible choice. I don't blame them for trying . . . it's their daughter, a major outcome of their lives.

Like I said, you can do whatever you want . . . so long as you are willing to live with the consequences.

On a personal level, my wife takes a biologic, which is a drug that diminishes her immunity. Faced with the choice you're offering, it would be an easy decision to tell y'all "buh-bye" . . . even if it meant we wouldn't know our grandchildren as a result.

But like I said, you can do whatever you want . . . so long as you are willing to live with the consequences.

For the overwhelming majority of adults that have not had the virus, getting vaccinated is clearly the right thing.

Some people have been actively misinformed to not realize that fact by people they trust. I think we should do what we can to get them correct information. If they choose not to listen, that's their problem. We should take extra steps to protect those that are at risk and move on.

Most American adults have been vaccinated. There is more than one way to get immunity. If after getting proper information some people still choose to risk getting it via a deadly virus instead of a safe vaccine, best of luck to them. It shouldn't impact everyone else.

I agree with you whole heartedly and apologize for that. I have actually railed against other people for that, and have even reported people for doing it. So no way should I have ever gone there. I'd be happy to go back and delete it, but since you quoted it I will leave it stand and sincerely apologize.
LMAO! You're only sorry you got called on your hypocrisy.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
"I still believe that the quick pivot from republican leaders over the past week or so means really bad news."

Another straw man you and your fellow leftists throw around. What pivot? Republicans leaders have always encouraged getting the virus.

They don't want to force anyone to get it, which is what really pisses you off.

My body, my choice, remember?
Fanciful narcissism

Lol at encouraged the vaccine.

That means to actively try to change behavior.

Hell there are more dumbasses like Ron Johnson's encouraging anti vaccine than pubs encouraging it.....until the past two weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT