ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine News Gets Better

Stock market reacted favorably yesterday. Will see if it holds today and tomorrow.

Despite the news being immediately politicized; Fauci seems comfortable with the notion of late trial release (early) assuming the data is "overwhelmingly positive".

That is GREAT news if the data supports it.

I wonder about how much of it will be used. There's a large segment of the population that supports the administration that won't take it on principle about vaccines or COVID skepticism in general. There's another large segment of the population that normally would, but is leery of the prospect of it being "rushed" and worried that the FDA is losing some of its independence because of political machinations.

I, for one, will take it if the FDA says the studies show it's Safe & Effective. I actually do trust the deep state professionals to do their jobs.

That is GREAT news if the data supports it.

I wonder about how much of it will be used. There's a large segment of the population that supports the administration that won't take it on principle about vaccines or COVID skepticism in general. There's another large segment of the population that normally would, but is leery of the prospect of it being "rushed" and worried that the FDA is losing some of its independence because of political machinations.

I, for one, will take it if the FDA says the studies show it's Safe & Effective. I actually do trust the deep state professionals to do their jobs.
As long as FDA agrees with safety (vaccine studies have already proven this) I'll be first in line. Efficacy would be nice but I'm willing to give it a go if it won't hurt me... There's a percentage of the population that will not receive for a variety of reasons... and those that think the government is going to use the vaccine to implant a tracking chip... well, what can you say? Ain't nuthin' gonna change their minds. But if the anti-vaxxers cause a delay to normalcy I'm going to be flat out pissed. Let them waller in their houses under lock and key and let the rest of us de-mask and live our lives

As long as FDA agrees with safety (vaccine studies have already proven this) I'll be first in line. Efficacy would be nice but I'm willing to give it a go if it won't hurt me... There's a percentage of the population that will not receive for a variety of reasons... and those that think the government is going to use the vaccine to implant a tracking chip... well, what can you say? Ain't nuthin' gonna change their minds. But if the anti-vaxxers cause a delay to normalcy I'm going to be flat out pissed. Let them waller in their houses under lock and key and let the rest of us de-mask and live our lives

Give me the vaccine. I'll take it right now. I'm in War Games mode....I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good.

Sweet. And I will wait and see what happens to you and everyone else and have mine at the first of the year.
I agree. I'm not against taking a vaccine, but I don't want to be in the first group to take it.

Reactions: red hornet
I agree. I'm not against taking a vaccine, but I don't want to be in the first group to take it.
The US rushed a swine flu vaccine through the process in 1976 that turned out to do more harm than good. I'm all for vaccination if I know the process has been thorough but I'm not lining up for anything that hasn't been completely tested beforehand with verifiable results.

The US rushed a swine flu vaccine through the process in 1976 that turned out to do more harm than good. I'm all for vaccination if I know the process has been thorough but I'm not lining up for anything that hasn't been completely tested beforehand with verifiable results.
Yes, I’m with you on this one. It is better to wait a little and get it right.

I signed up for the IU phase 3 trial. Ready to get this behind me. I took the hastily made H1N1 in 2009. Still kicking 11 years later.
I also signed up for trials. Just feels kind of like doing my duty to help the country move past this and, God willing, make it able for me to get back out there and do the things I moved to the city to be able to do.

Oh Lord... here comes the vaccines do/don't cause autism arguments. Need to do a 180 now.
I don't know whether they do or not, but I feel for anyone whose child has it.

In the end, it should be their decision whether to get the vaccine or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
I don't know whether they do or not, but I feel for anyone who's child has it.

In the end, it should be their decision whether to get the vaccine or not.
Absolutely. I wasn’t disputing the post. Just lamenting what is likely to follow

Absolutely. I wasn’t disputing the post. Just lamenting what is likely to follow
There are some strong feelings about it. I try to stay out of it because I understand both sides.

The thing is, there were legitimate issues coming out of the H1N1 vaccine. I think people are legitimately concerned about the safety of a vaccine developed so quickly.

I will go by my history as I have avoided the flu every year since 1984 the year before becoming a teacher. I don't get flu vaccines and I have been exposed to other people with the flu in the past. It started when in the Marines and I got as sick as I have ever been for three weeks in response to taking the Hong Kong flu vaccine. My point is that vaccines aren't tried and true for viruses, so it is up to each individual if they want to take it.

note: vaccines for other illnesses are a different story.

Reactions: Indianaftw and DANC
There are some strong feelings about it. I try to stay out of it because I understand both sides.

The thing is, there were legitimate issues coming out of the H1N1 vaccine. I think people are legitimately concerned about the safety of a vaccine developed so quickly.
which is why they have the phase 3 studies

What does vaccine have to do with who wins? Take off the tin foil cap and stop being a sheep for fox news

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT