ADVERTISEMENT

UV protest over Jefferson.

23 hours and no replies. Do we are do we not remove Jefferson's statue from the University of Virginia? He is obviously a very despicable man.

You assume they want to win elections.

Maybe they prefer to rule without the interferences and pretenses of elections and Electoral Colleges, and the need for chad charades, and Russians "tricking" former Obama voters into becoming racists and sexists and voting against white women, etc. The First Amendment is now inconvenient. The 2nd is an impediment. The 4th was legislated away judicially. The 9th and 10th have always been ignored. Legal verdicts in criminal trials are now a one-way street.

I miss the United States.

You assume they want to win elections.

Maybe they prefer to rule without the interferences and pretenses of elections and Electoral Colleges, and the need for chad charades, and Russians "tricking" former Obama voters into becoming racists and sexists and voting against white women, etc. The First Amendment is now inconvenient. The 2nd is an impediment. The 4th was legislated away judicially. The 9th and 10th have always been ignored. Legal verdicts in criminal trials are now a one-way street.

I miss the United States.
Jeff once told me that defense attorneys were the last defendants of civil rights, I am sure Sid believed that also. Get out of the rat race and hang a defense single. I also agree with your view of the left. They want to win but they can't.

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
Maybe we should remove the Jefferson Monument from the National Mall? These are your guys. You need 60 votes and this is your fringe.

Maybe we should remove the Jefferson Monument from the National Mall? These are your guys. You need 60 votes and this is your fringe.

giphy.gif

Other than authoring the Declaration of Independence, Which he basically crapped on in the rest of his life, I struggle to like Jefferson.

He'd have made a wonderful French Aristocat.

Other than authoring the Declaration of Independence, Which he basically crapped on in the rest of his life, I struggle to like Jefferson.

He'd have made a wonderful French Aristocrat.

The Louisiana Purchase was a defining event for the United States, and changed our history and thus the history world. Jefferson was indeed a visionary in word and deed. He obviously was an Aristocrat, (elitist in today's lingo) but that isn't always a bad thing.

The Louisiana Purchase was a defining event for the United States, and changed our history and thus the history world. Jefferson was indeed a visionary in word and deed. He obviously was an Aristocrat, (elitist in today's lingo) but that isn't always a bad thing.

Yes, but ....

Because I don't like Jefferson, I (unfairly) give the he credit for the Purchase to Little Nap.

Partners in crime ...

Yes, but ....

Because I don't like Jefferson, I (unfairly) give the he credit for the Purchase to Little Nap.

Partners in crime ...

Regardless, it was a YUGE negotiation and very good deal. The alternative would probably have been some combination of Spanish/Mexican, English/Canadian and native tribal rule. Maybe the whole thing would have become the Republic of Texas.

Regardless, it was a YUGE negotiation and very good deal. The alternative would probably have been some combination of Spanish/Mexican, English/Canadian and native tribal rule. Maybe the whole thing would have become the Republic of Texas.

I dont disagree, but it still doesn't make me like Jefferson any better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT