ADVERTISEMENT

Utter Lack of Respect by CFP Committee

Play everyone in your conference and finish at the top, then get back to me. Blame the B10 not the committee. The committee couldn’t put a team, that only played 7 games and did not play for a conf ship, into a NY6 bowl ahead of a team that played every team in their conf snd finished at the top then lost a close CCG.
Are you bad at math? You lost THREE games.....one at home to Louisiana. You lost again YESTERDAY. It’s really not that difficult.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
FLA strength of record 16
Iowa state strength of record 14
coastal carolina strength of record 8
indiana strength of record 5
B.S. the teams you beat had .380 winning %. CC would lose 4 games minimum playing a full B12 schedule. The committee knows they don’t have the depth to compete week in and week out in the B10, B12, SEC, or ACC.

B.S. the teams you beat had .380 winning %. CC would lose 4 games minimum playing a full B12 schedule. The committee knows they don’t have the depth to compete week in and week out in the B10, B12, SEC, or ACC.
Lol you can write bs but I just gave you the sors. I didn’t make those up. And you can provide your bs conjecture but the reality is Louisiana beat isu at isu. Badly. It wasn’t a close game. A game actually played. The committee knows how best to maximize revenue. F off.

Reactions: brianiu and 76-1
Lol you can write bs but I just gave you the sors. I didn’t make those up. And you can provide your bs conjecture but the reality is Louisiana beat isu at isu. A game actually played. The committee knows how best to maximize revenue. F off.
What numbers make up sors and who puts them out. All I see is .380 and that ain’t good enough and the CFP agrees.

This whole thread has me hoping the Ducks curb stomp that cute little 3-loss crew with State in their name. And after watching them last night, I think it's a pretty good bet. In fact, I think it's a $200 lock.

Three of the teams Indiana beat were ranked when we played them. As soon as Oklahoma and Texas win two or three games in a row they get ranked. Oklahoma wasn't playing well at all when you barely beat them. And since you like percentages so well try Indiana .857 and Iowa State .727 - winning percentage. If Michigan was 6-1 there is no way you guys get selected in front of them and you know it. We got screwed because of perception not because the Big 12 is so fantastic. Go pound concrete and good luck stopping Moorhead's offense.

Play everyone in your conference and finish at the top, then get back to me. Blame the B10 not the committee. The committee couldn’t put a team, that only played 7 games and did not play for a conf ship, into a NY6 bowl ahead of a team that played every team in their conf snd finished at the top then lost a close CCG.
You're such an uninformed moron that you don't even realize that with 14 teams you can't play every other team, even in a "normal" season. That would be 13 games genius.

pLaY EvErYoNe In YoUr cOnFeReNcE

This whole thread has me hoping the Ducks curb stomp that cute little 3-loss crew with State in their name. And after watching them last night, I think it's a pretty good bet. In fact, I think it's a $200 lock.
I hate Iowa worse. I hope they lose every game they play in every sport. The only solace I take from that Barta prick is that he has to live in Iowa

Google Strength of record. Cfp deviate from the other polls bc the former is predicated on money. This clown barta applied “the eye test” which is always code for the fix is in

So if you use ESPN's FPI for their SOR, do you use the FPI for their overall ranking which shows Indiana at 13?

Which has nothing to do with ISU being selected for NY6 game and everything to do with OSU and the B10....so I agree with you
If Indiana and Iowa had played as expected, one of them would have had a great shot at a NY6 bowl. But the Big 10 screwed both of them over by switching to teams that would be of no benefit to play. Blame your own conference. Half of ISU's schedule was against the final CFP top 25 . Indiana played only 1 game against the final CFP top 25. You needed the data point against Iowa.

Get ready to be disappointed as we can play with anyone in the country

You're such an uninformed moron that you don't even realize that with 14 teams you can't play every other team, even in a "normal" season. That would be 13 games genius.

pLaY EvErYoNe In YoUr cOnFeReNcE
Not our problem and it appears by your comments that IU needed to play more games. My uninformed moronic self only sees .380, which is the winning % of the teams you beat. We didn’t have that issue to overcome.

Ok so I take a different view. Yes it appears we could have gotten a different bowl but: IU is in Florida for the second year in a row. We are in one of our recruiting hot spots. We have an SEC opponent for the second straight year. All those Florida kids can play at or close to home. Perfect location for us. Nobody is going to step aside for IU. We must beat the door down. Next step. Win bowl!!
Go Hoosiers!

Ok so I take a different view. Yes it appears we could have gotten a different bowl but: IU is in Florida for the second year in a row. We are in one of our recruiting hot spots. We have an SEC opponent for the second straight year. All those Florida kids can play at or close to home. Perfect location for us. Nobody is going to step aside for IU. We must beat the door down. Next step. Win bowl!!
Go Hoosiers!
Good way to look at it. We have to win AND make relationships while there.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Did Indiana beat a ranked team? Did they beat a team with a winning record? You bag on ISU’s loss to Louisiana like they were terrible while propping Coastal Carolina. CC edged Louisiana 30 - 27. Seems like two pretty even teams. I would be frustrated too if I was an Indiana fan but don’t take it out on ISU. In the end I’ll trust a 13 person committee whose job it was to review all teams and give a ranking over some biased fans.

Yes, Indiana beat one top 10 and two top 25 teams. Yes, IU beat teams with winning records (one a top 20 on the road with our QB2).

Let's see, ULL beat ISU by 17. CC beat ULL by 3. Looks like this makes Coastal Carolina 20 points better than Iowa St.

Bottom line: IU was totally screwed over yesterday. It truly sucks for a team that on 12/5 was the darling of college football. IU deserved better.

Bring on Ole Miss!

Why not? They crushed you. That’s the only actual evidence we have. Correct? They are ranked #17.
Yes they are and they are a good team but you guys, on the other hand, are unproven. Losing to OSU doesn’t prove a thing except you went 0-1 against CFP Top 25 competitors. You shouldn’t have ducked Iowa for the 12/29 games.

Yes they are and they are a good team but you guys, on the other hand, are unproven. Losing to OSU doesn’t prove a thing except you went 0-1 against CFP Top 25 competitors. You shouldn’t have ducked Iowa for the 12/29 games.
I was talking about coastal too. Your post above about how Louisiana would do against ou and ut makes for a nice example. See Louisiana beat the shit out of you. An actual game. Evidence. Then you make up things. Welll they couldn’t do that against ut blah blah. That’s not evidence. That’s fake news. That’s “the eye test.” So you run with it bc you are programmed and predisposed that way and probably a little dumb. And that’s okay. You’re only a fan. But when the committee does the same. Talks about “the eye test” and ignores actual results we know that it’s illusory - the eye test means we’re ignoring actual results in the name of politics and/or money. And when you are historically the have nots that ain’t fair...iu should not be playing a losing sec team. Coastal should not be playing a bump from the big south. The fix was in.
This notion of making the best of it. Build for next year. That’s fan talk. For so many of these kids this season is it. There’s no next year. They did what had to do and the system screwed them. Yesterday was total bs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and elijawon
Did Indiana beat a ranked team? Did they beat a team with a winning record? You bag on ISU’s loss to Louisiana like they were terrible while propping Coastal Carolina. CC edged Louisiana 30 - 27. Seems like two pretty even teams. I would be frustrated too if I was an Indiana fan but don’t take it out on ISU. In the end I’ll trust a 13 person committee whose job it was to review all teams and give a ranking over some biased fans.

LOL That logic is ridiculous. We beat everyone the B1G East aside from Ohio State.

You see, ISU lost to teams which made those teams get W's which then inherently makes their opponents have a better record. We kept beating our opponents and giving them L's. Like Wisconsin, they went from 16th to unranked when we beat them. Typically when the #16 team loses to a top 10 team, you don't then fall out of the top 25. ISU is highly overrated as was shown against Oklahoma. The problem is the entire Big 12 is trash so beating a "ranked" Big 12 team is like beating a 2 win B1G team.

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
IU ends up behind three-loss Iowa State and out of the New Year's Six bowl picture. What a complete joke. I hope the Hoosiers use this as motivation next season, and particularly in the season opener against Gary Barta's Iowa Hawkeyes. Kick their ass!!

Iowa State ahead of IU, in particular, is absolute bullshit, as is Northwestern hopping IU in bowl selection. IU fans have rightly hollered, but to most outside IU, our screaming will only be justified if we beat Ole Miss rather convincingly. A loss and the committee got it right. The Ole Miss offense is no joke, and I’m ready to see this team come out angry and ready to prove something.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1

Barta is only 7.7% of the Big Ten's problem....Many other nasty grams to be sent....Not at all happy with IU's treatment and the trickle down effect, but just think much of people's anger is misplaced. The system, the greed of the SEC and ESPN might also be a reasonable place to start.

Remember that the next time you spend big bucks at Disney and using Disney Plus...

Not our problem and it appears by your comments that IU needed to play more games. My uninformed moronic self only sees .380, which is the winning % of the teams you beat. We didn’t have that issue to overcome.

That .380 was entirely against Big Ten competition. Add 2 to 3 wins to almost every team we played in a normal year and we look fine. Wisconsin barely got to play anyone this year.

It is all fine that you guys support your team, but if the roles were reversed, you would not take kindly to us being on your board talking stats. You would tell us to f off with our 3 loss team and to go pound sand. I know it, you know it. So why are you here trying to defend ISU? Nobody here is going to buy what you are selling right now. You wouldn't either. You would (rightly) feel you got screwed over if you were in our shoes....

I think I can make a really good argument that IU and Northwestern should be in the same setting as Florida and Geogia.

Georgia lost it's first game of the season by a large amount to an unranked Arkansas team and to Florida.

Florida has two consecutive losses to LSU and Alabama in the Conference Championship Game and the in season loss to Alabama.

Georgia with two losses sits ahead of Florida despite losing to them and not making it to the Conference championship Game.

Northwestern has losses to Michigan State and Ohio State in the Conference Championship Game.

Indiana's only loss was to Ohio State, and they didn't get to the Conference Championship because Barry Alvarez, Gary Barta, and Gene Smith are the de facto Commisioners of the Big Ten and get to change the Rules at their discretion to benefit their teams and their Buddies.

I would have the first 5 Teams as they are with Undefeated Cincinnati at 6, with these 4 teams following from 7-10 in the order of your choice, although I would ding Florida for 3 losses on the Season, and the two game losing streak. No way any of these 4 Teams should be behind Iowa State and Oklahoma.

Bottom Line way too much respect for the SEC and Big 12, and no respect for the Big 10.
I support your words! There is no respect and justice for certain teams from Barry Alvarez, Gary Barta, and Gene Smith. Something needs to be done about this.

I support your words! There is no respect and justice for certain teams from Barry Alvarez, Gary Barta, and Gene Smith. Something needs to be done about this.
I don't understand what the problem is and I don't want to dig into it. Louisiana is the best for me, I will support it regardless of whether it wins or loses. And so I believe that all teams should have equal conditions and respect. For me, this issue did not mean anything before, but then we studied the topic of respect in college. I wrote respect essay with the help of professional writers. I am satisfied with the result and recommend this resource to all students to try!

Last edited:
I don't understand what the problem is and I don't want to dig into it. Louisiana is the best for me, I will support it regardless of whether it wins or loses.
Lafayette? Monroe? State? Tech? College?

One needs must be clear in language lest misunderstanding arise.

And are you *certain* it’s the best for you? Who among us has not been misled by the false promptings of the heart?

Think about it. That’s all I’m asking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT