ADVERTISEMENT

Utter Lack of Respect by CFP Committee

IU ends up behind three-loss Iowa State and out of the New Year's Six bowl picture. What a complete joke. I hope the Hoosiers use this as motivation next season, and particularly in the season opener against Gary Barta's Iowa Hawkeyes. Kick their ass!!

I'm an Iowa alum and I can tell you a lot of us don't want him as our AD either. You guys did get screwed and it's a shame.

I think I can make a really good argument that IU and Northwestern should be in the same setting as Florida and Geogia.

Georgia lost it's first game of the season by a large amount to an unranked Arkansas team and to Florida.

Florida has two consecutive losses to LSU and Alabama in the Conference Championship Game and the in season loss to Alabama.

Georgia with two losses sits ahead of Florida despite losing to them and not making it to the Conference championship Game.

Northwestern has losses to Michigan State and Ohio State in the Conference Championship Game.

Indiana's only loss was to Ohio State, and they didn't get to the Conference Championship because Barry Alvarez, Gary Barta, and Gene Smith are the de facto Commisioners of the Big Ten and get to change the Rules at their discretion to benefit their teams and their Buddies.

I would have the first 5 Teams as they are with Undefeated Cincinnati at 6, with these 4 teams following from 7-10 in the order of your choice, although I would ding Florida for 3 losses on the Season, and the two game losing streak. No way any of these 4 Teams should be behind Iowa State and Oklahoma.

Bottom Line way too much respect for the SEC and Big 12, and no respect for the Big 10.

Total bullshit. Iowa state lost to Louisiana. Cincy beat no one. Not one top 25 win. Indiana and coastal got ****ed. Ridiculous.
Did Indiana beat a ranked team? Did they beat a team with a winning record? You bag on ISU’s loss to Louisiana like they were terrible while propping Coastal Carolina. CC edged Louisiana 30 - 27. Seems like two pretty even teams. I would be frustrated too if I was an Indiana fan but don’t take it out on ISU. In the end I’ll trust a 13 person committee whose job it was to review all teams and give a ranking over some biased fans.

Did Indiana beat a ranked team? Did they beat a team with a winning record? You bag on ISU’s loss to Louisiana like they were terrible while propping Coastal Carolina. CC edged Louisiana 30 - 27. Seems like two pretty even teams. I would be frustrated too if I was an Indiana fan but don’t take it out on ISU. In the end I’ll trust a 13 person committee whose job it was to review all teams and give a ranking over some biased fans.
My beef is more with FLA. LSU stinks, and FLA lost to them. At home.

Evidently the 13 person committee whose job it was to review Florida saw only one thing—dollar signs.

Louisiana lost one game. To coastal. Louisiana beat Iowa state at Iowa state. Iowa state lost three games. I “bag” on the total biased bullshit of Iowa state being ahead of coastal or iu

So you would be pissed if you were us but you are not pissed because you are you. Got it, thanks for stopping by.

INDIANA beat #8Penn State, #23Michigan, and #16Wisconsin...Our "Only" loss was by one TD to (at the time) #2 Ohio State...

Who the hell did you beat? For that matter how many did you lose?

Biased Fans!!! More like a biased committee... Along with one completely uninformed Iowa State group of fans... Too bad they didn't match us up with your team. You would have gotten an education...

Last edited:
Strikes me as
In the end I’ll trust a 13 person committee whose job it was to review all teams and give a ranking over some biased fans.
That's some kind of shit you're smoking. Fans are expected to be biased. The CFP selection committee isn't supposed to be biased but clearly is. Keep trusting, though, a 13 person committee that dropped the Gators only one spot after losing at home, as a 24-point favorite, to a bad LSU team. A committee that ranked two and even a three loss team ahead of the Hoosiers whose only loss was by a touchdown to the #3 team in the country. IU absolutely belongs in the Fiesta.

In the end I’ll trust a 13 person committee whose job it was to review all teams and give a ranking over some biased fans.

If you don’t realize that the CFP committee is no more competent than others, you are sorely mistaken. These guyshave caved to a good-old-boy system and conference lobbying. And, both Iowa State and Indiana are not used to being involved in these conversations at this time of year but we are now realizing some of the complaints that others have seen over the years because it shows how corrupt this thing is with influential people making moves behind the scenes.

It's hard to beat a team with a winning record this year. The BIG as a whole was guaranteed to be exactly .500. With IU 6-1, OSU undefeated, the rest of the division was going to be under .500.

Strikes me as

That's some kind of shit you're smoking. Fans are expected to be biased. The CFP selection committee isn't supposed to be biased but clearly is. Keep trusting, though, a 13 person committee that dropped the Gators only one spot after losing at home, as a 24-point favorite, to a bad LSU team. A committee that ranked two and even a three loss team ahead of the Hoosiers whose only loss was by a touchdown to the #3 team in the country. IU absolutely belongs in the Fiesta.

also, the committee was also out of step with the AP and coaches poll voters (cumulative of 130 people).

Total bullshit. Iowa state lost to Louisiana. iowa state has 3 losses. Cincy beat no one. Not one top 25 win. Indiana and coastal got ****ed. Ridiculous.
Play everyone in your conference and finish at the top, then get back to me. Blame the B10 not the committee. The committee couldn’t put a team, that only played 7 games and did not play for a conf ship, into a NY6 bowl ahead of a team that played every team in their conf snd finished at the top then lost a close CCG.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Play everyone in your conference and finish at the top, then get back to me. Blame the B10 not the committee. The committee couldn’t put a team, that only played 7 games and did not play for a conf ship, into a NY6 bowl ahead of a team that played every team in their conf snd finished at the top then lost a close CCG.

Go Ducks!!! 😡 Here's hoping they beat you by 90...😡

OH F OFF with the bs. coastal carolina went undefeated and beat the team that beat iowa state. coastal ended 11-0 with multiple top 20 wins. iowa state lost three games including at home to a team that coastal beat. what happened today is as transparent as it gets. we have a board on here called the water cooler where a guy called i've got winners converts every post into "follow the money." it's perfectly descriptive of what transpired today: follow the money. the schools with the largest, most robust following were rewarded. why? bc they better guarantee the attn of fans and deriving revenue from same. how else do you explain notre dame in the final four. undefeated cincy behind two loss oklahoma. coastal carolina outside of the top ten despite beating a team that beat iowa state, and beating the number 8 team in the country and going undefeated. what transpired today was a blatant pandering to the P5 and the old guard within the P5 as evidenced by IU being left out. an iu team that lost one game to a playoff team. it's absurd iowa state is ranked higher than IU with their G5 loss at home.

the teams with built-in followings on tv got rewarded. these choices had nothing to do with what transpired on the field. it's illusory and it's bullshit and you recognize and understand same or you're simply stupid. Barta is a monumental, lying prick. i hope iowa loses every game in every sport they ever play.

Last edited:
So what.....when they play a round robin P5 schedule and go 8-1 and finish at the top, then get back to me. You guys base a decision on one game at the beginning of the season....fortunately the CFP is a bit more versed on accomplishments....now quit crying and win a bowl game

So what.....when they play a round robin P5 schedule and go 8-1 and finish at the top, then get back to me. You guys base a decision on one game at the beginning of the season....fortunately the CFP is a bit more versed on accomplishments....now quit crying and win a bowl game
wrong. decisions today were predicated on the pretense of results. they were actually based on money and cronyism. a fitting end to 2020. college football got a hell of a lot less interesting.

Which has nothing to do with ISU being selected for NY6 game and everything to do with OSU and the B10....so I agree with you

Dude - nobody on here specifically has a beef with Iowa State. Good for them. They pulled off a trick.
However, you come off sounding like a clown, not a clone, when you start into some narrative about why IU is not worthy. At the end of the day, we can talk about games over ranked opponents but at the end of the day, the committee (for whatever reason) discarded the notion that a loss to a G5 team at home, big, would play a factor in the decision-making.
It also doesn’t look good for a guy living in the state of Iowa to go against an in-state team. It’s very very shady.

I think I can make a really good argument that IU and Northwestern should be in the same setting as Florida and Geogia.

Georgia lost it's first game of the season by a large amount to an unranked Arkansas team and to Florida.

Florida has two consecutive losses to LSU and Alabama in the Conference Championship Game and the in season loss to Alabama.

Georgia with two losses sits ahead of Florida despite losing to them and not making it to the Conference championship Game.

Northwestern has losses to Michigan State and Ohio State in the Conference Championship Game.

Indiana's only loss was to Ohio State, and they didn't get to the Conference Championship because Barry Alvarez, Gary Barta, and Gene Smith are the de facto Commisioners of the Big Ten and get to change the Rules at their discretion to benefit their teams and their Buddies.

I would have the first 5 Teams as they are with Undefeated Cincinnati at 6, with these 4 teams following from 7-10 in the order of your choice, although I would ding Florida for 3 losses on the Season, and the two game losing streak. No way any of these 4 Teams should be behind Iowa State and Oklahoma.

Bottom Line way too much respect for the SEC and Big 12, and no respect for the Big 10.
One little correction:

Georgia did not lose to Arkansas. Their two losses were to Alabama and Florida.

What about the “biased “ coaches that ranked Indiana number 7? Oh and actually all the other polls? What about them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT