ADVERTISEMENT

Utter lack of consistency

HoosierJimbo89

All-American
Nov 27, 2010
Archie just cannot have a winning record in the Big Ten: don't understand it. We play a team at home on a 5 game losing streak after beating the #4 team on the road, and they can't even match Rutgers' energy and lay an egg. What a shame and a lost opportunity. But, unfortunately, this is the norm.

Last edited:
Like I said in another post , as I was switching back and forth between the lady Hoosiers and men's game . The ladies make free throws , and play with emotion . That's why they are winners .

Reactions: kkott
We've had four years of this, expecting this to change is the definition of insanity. Archie can't motivate teams and get them ready to play. He should be gone after this season, but they'll probably keep him another year and we'll have another year of this. Let's face it the season is over. Nothing special about this team and nothing to really build on.

Only looking at the box score, it's confusing how they lost the game? Hot from 3. No big free throw, rebounding or turnover differential.

I disagree. This team has been remarkably consistent in being inconsistent.

Like I said in another post , as I was switching back and forth between the lady Hoosiers and men's game . The ladies make free throws , and play with emotion . That's why they are winners .
The women are winners because they are coached by a talented Purdue grad.

Reactions: liittleboiler
Archie just cannot have a winning record in the Big Ten: don't understand it. We play a team at home on a 5 game losing streak after beating the #4 team on the road, and they can't even match Rutgers' energy and lay an egg. What a shame and a lost opportunity. But, unfortunately, this is the norm.

Archie has been very consistent. He’s consistently not very good. The only reason we’re not a top 25 team is because we’re poorly coach. Today’s games is the norm and the Iowa game is the anomaly. It’s finally gotten obvious enough that even the knucklehead fanboys have caught on.

I’m disappointed for our guys,” Miller said. “Like I told them after the game, I’m not disappointed in the result. I’m disappointed for them. I think the attitude, work ethic and togetherness has been as good as it’s ever been here. The work mode going into Iowa was exactly the same coming from Iowa. Every single game in this league requires you not only to play hard and tough and all that stuff, smart, but you have to play well too.”

Huh, not disappointed in the result? This is the result when you say everything is working in practice? WTF. This is totally coaching (or lack there of).

Reactions: BigMobe
I’m disappointed for our guys,” Miller said. “Like I told them after the game, I’m not disappointed in the result. I’m disappointed for them. I think the attitude, work ethic and togetherness has been as good as it’s ever been here. The work mode going into Iowa was exactly the same coming from Iowa. Every single game in this league requires you not only to play hard and tough and all that stuff, smart, but you have to play well too.”

Huh, not disappointed in the result? This is the result when you say everything is working in practice? WTF. This is totally coaching (or lack there of).
That sounded awfully Creanis. Of course, if it was Crean, there would need to be a much longer explanation of what all of that meant, lasting roughly 45 minutes and saying virtually nothing of substance.

That was a very strange quote, but I don't spend too much time trying to dissect words right after a game. I think what he was meaning was that he's not as disappointed in the loss as he feels for his players. Still an odd thing to say.

Gee here is an idea. Get a coach that is disappointed in losses and is not looking for moral victories.

That sounded awfully Creanis. Of course, if it was Crean, there would need to be a much longer explanation of what all of that meant, lasting roughly 45 minutes and saying virtually nothing of substance.

and clapping. Don't forget the clapping. The laconic Mike Davis would have just said "Help is on the way".

That was a very strange quote, but I don't spend too much time trying to dissect words right after a game. I think what he was meaning was that he's not as disappointed in the loss as he feels for his players. Still an odd thing to say.

loser speak. I hate loser speak.

Not disappointed in the result? This guy has no idea what he is being paid to do! Winning? doesn't seem to matter to Archie. He should be canned just for that.

Reactions: BigMobe
ADVERTISEMENT