ADVERTISEMENT

Utah QB Jack Tuttle transferring to Indiana

So would you teach your hypothetical son to quit every sport just because he didn't start?

I dunno about you, but I would support my hypothetical son to take full advantage of finding somewhere that he feels he can best make an impact. And if my hypothetical son feels his best chance to make an impact is playing QB in college football, and realizes that wouldn't be at the place he first chose to play and he subsequently decided to go elsewhere to make an impact, then good for him.

Simply put, if he was the "quitter" you asininely made him out to be, he wouldn't have been considered by the IU staff.

I dunno about you, but I would support my hypothetical son to take full advantage of finding somewhere that he feels he can best make an impact. And if my hypothetical son feels his best chance to make an impact is playing QB in college football, and realizes that wouldn't be at the place he first chose to play and he subsequently decided to go elsewhere to make an impact, then good for him.

Simply put, if he was the "quitter" you asininely made him out to be, he wouldn't have been considered by the IU staff.
Your avatar! and gfy

This should help with Bell.

I don’t think it changes the calculus for his decision making. A transfer QB from Utah that he has never met and does not have much of a college resume is unlikely to make a difference. All of his finalists have QBs that were highly recruited, most of which have done nothing at the college level.

Bell has spent quality time with potential teammates and coaches at IU, Purdue, PSU, and OSU, has toured the campuses and facilities at each school, and received a pitch regarding his role in the offense. In addition, he has watched all of his finalists in action. He has plenty of information to make a good decision. It is my hope that he stays in state. I am tired of seeing top Indiana kids leave.

I see he quit mid-season, but I don't see where the sit-out-after-transfer rule is addressed.

The article and comments were interesting. Oddly, Tuttle only visited one school officially (Utah). When they changed offensive coordinators, he stuck with his commitment, enrolled early to complete for the job, ended up 3rd string as a true freshman (no shame there), and then quit mid-year to transfer. I might be old school, but I think cutting and running after half of a season is a yellow flag.

IU has lots of talent at QB. Can Tuttle handle it if he ends up being 2nd or 3rd string? I seriously doubt Allen has anointed him with the starter role. He will have to earn his stripes.

If it's not us (for Bell the WR) his best move would be Iowa (in my opinion). They have a QB and an Offensive Line. pu only has a QB...

I hope he makes the decision that is best for him and his future.

If it's not us (for Bell the WR) his best move would be Iowa (in my opinion). They have a QB and an Offensive Line. pu only has a QB...

Iowa has the better line but Purdue will push it down field.

you really think pu is strong at qb? really

The article and comments were interesting. Oddly, Tuttle only visited one school officially (Utah). When they changed offensive coordinators, he stuck with his commitment, enrolled early to complete for the job, ended up 3rd string as a true freshman (no shame there), and then quit mid-year to transfer. I might be old school, but I think cutting and running after half of a season is a yellow flag.

IU has lots of talent at QB. Can Tuttle handle it if he ends up being 2nd or 3rd string? I seriously doubt Allen has anointed him with the starter role. He will have to earn his stripes.
I think the situation might be was he and the R-FR were neck and neck for 2nd place and they gave it to the guy with more experience. When that guy got into games his performance was average and Tuttle didn't even get into a few blowout games. Could it be he lost confidence in the coaching staff? I mean the 2nd stringers passing numbers weren't that great. Some unknowns here for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Iowa has the better line but Purdue will push it down field.

Can't push it with your QB flat on his back.

Your (purdues) starters this year were mostly SR's (and don't believe for a minute that any one of their guys who were Redshirting wouldn't have played in a heartbeat if they were actually better than the guy seeing the field).

OL will be their weakness next fall and they did little to address it in this class.

All this great class, 4 star euphoria, is fools gold (for pu).

You're going to see some really frustrated track stars when they're running wide open down the field and your (pu's) QB is getting sacked before he has a chance to get them the ball.

I must say I'm very much looking forward to watching it...;)

Since 90% of you Knuckleheads (pu forum trolls) spend more time on this board then your own: Read the above carefully and Remember I Told You what was going to happen...;):D;)

Now, don't go away mad (pu trolls), just go away...

Last edited:
That reply (from a pu Troll/Resident Apologist) took less than 45 seconds... As usual..., it didn't actually address the topic.

I'm hoping beyond hope that they truly believe one freshman G is going to solve their OL problems next fall.

Watching their (pu's QB) run for his life on nearly every passing down is going to be sweet...:D

Arent you the same poster who claims to have proof that the Big Ten and several conference schools have conspired to fix games by paying corrupt referees to influence the outcome of games? Do you really think we’re going to take your offensive line prognostications seriously after you make allegations like that? Oh, and Bell already eliminated Iowa. It’s rumored he already signed last Wednesday with Purdue. He’ll make that official at the All Star game.
Ordy? Izzat you?

You also TOLD us how Brohm would be in Louisville by now..Remember that??
Enjoy Tom "nature cat" Allen. Tally-ho!!!

Actually..., I said on multiple occasions that he wasn't going anywhere (from day one) and that he was just fleecing you clowns.

Enjoy the most overpaid staff on the planet next fall...

When your QB is sacked (again) and your talented receivers are looking at each other with a "we got conned" look on their faces I'll be laughing at you and your minions...;)

Reactions: mikewoodson2
Fortunately, the experienced HC and staff seem unconcerned which explains their disinterest in JuCo offensive linemen or grad transfers. Next?

Probably due to the fact that with a 960 APR they are well on the way towards losing scholarships if they dabble with even more of the borderline academic types then they already have on campus at the moment.

Evidently several of those guys can't even hack the hotel management curriculum...

Of course you already knew that..., you just hoped no one else did...

Looks like the well has dried up when it comes to stealing Western Kentucky talent and the JUCO "you don't really expect me to go to class" types...

What's an overpaid, overrated, purdue football coach to do? Oh my...! ;)

Nine Six Zero

The Numbers don't lie... Only phony passive aggressive pu posters do...

They act like they know our coaching staff, our recruiting ability, and our s&c staff. two low level bowls and they think they are trending up.

There is software out there now that allows a user to "capture" another's identity and use it. Happened to me recently...don't know the counter app...

Was bored yesterday so I went to YouTube and found some highlight videos of Tuttle from his senior year of high school. I know highlight videos just show the great plays but it looks to me he can make every throw and his deep ball is very accurate. If he can become eligible this year he should start right away because he looks like a big time college QB His high school team had some very good WR's and they were wide open on a lot of the plays but he had great zip on the ball.

Reactions: vesuvius13
f (for) p (purdue) u (university)

pu Ultra Troll

[acknowledgment to MTIOtF for first identifying this clown]

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowlmania
Not sure who is arguing that PU isn’t recruiting well, I didn’t, but being an IU fan, I don’t care. As I said , our average stars / recruit is higher (even not considering Tuttle) and we will be adding recruits in the next signing period , yes they will get Bell, but we are in the thick of it for 4* Kristian Williams. Furthermore, we are also in the thick of things for a couple more really good OL. Brohm did well at WR, but there is only one football (hope Bell enjoys the backseat to Moore), I will take the big uglies, and I prefer our class along the LOS. JMO

On paper purdues class is marginally better than IU assuming Tuttle to IU and Bell to Purdue Both are recruiting quite well as compared to historical classes.

Was bored yesterday so I went to YouTube and found some highlight videos of Tuttle from his senior year of high school. I know highlight videos just show the great plays but it looks to me he can make every throw and his deep ball is very accurate. If he can become eligible this year he should start right away because he looks like a big time college QB His high school team had some very good WR's and they were wide open on a lot of the plays but he had great zip on the ball.

He has been thoroughly trashed (along with Cam) by Purdue grads on their board. 321 of their top 338 posts less than 24 hrs before their own bowl are about IU.

Reactions: Lillyr66
He has been thoroughly trashed (along with Cam) by Purdue grads on their board. 321 of their top 338 posts less than 24 hrs before their own bowl are about IU.

In all fairness, they have earned bragging rights. The way to shut all that garbage up is win some damn games against them. And, if Archie cannot do it this year with his roster against theirs? Well, then he isn’t getting it done either and just as guilty.
IU needs to start walking the walk and stopping all the talk.

In all fairness, they have earned bragging rights. The way to shut all that garbage up is win some damn games against them. And, if Archie cannot do it this year with his roster against theirs? Well, then he isn’t getting it done either and just as guilty.

You're starting to quack like a duck, er..., troll...

wtf is with them...They have little bro syndrome written all over themselves. Its a real problem!
Yes old banners are still better than no banners. It is better to be a has been than a never was . I know this is a football board but they are so jealous of IU they cannot even concentrate on their team they have to take shots at IU.

Reactions: 76-1

Bragging is fine, and yes they have it at the moment but personally trashing 19 year old kids they have never met is seriously messed up.

Probably due to the fact that with a 960 APR they are well on the way towards losing scholarships if they dabble with even more of the borderline academic types then they already have on campus at the moment.

Evidently several of those guys can't even hack the hotel management curriculum...

Of course you already knew that..., you just hoped no one else did...

Looks like the well has dried up when it comes to stealing Western Kentucky talent and the JUCO "you don't really expect me to go to class" types...

What's an overpaid, overrated, purdue football coach to do? Oh my...! ;)
they can always transfer to carolina

ADVERTISEMENT