ADVERTISEMENT

Utah QB Jack Tuttle transferring to Indiana

I guess that makes us pre-historic. :)
Rough crowd today (lol).
From yesterday's Star: "Were he a commitment out of high school, Tuttle would be the highest-rated signal caller to pick the Hoosiers in the recruiting rankings era." I guess my sin was the reference to "modern." But yeah, you guys are old!

Reactions: vesuvius13
i was wondering because he withdrew before the deadline that his matriculation did not count at all. or did he enroll early at utah last jan.?
He did enroll in January last year. Good thought though. I hadn't really considered that.

He's a very good guy. No denying that.

But I see no evidence that he has another gear. If you compare his #s this year to his #s last year....they are nearly identical. So, I think 'what you see is what you get', at least with this OC.
I'm just saying...2017 he didn't really make any long throws. Towards the end of this year he was launching. He worked with the S&C guys all off season and it showed.

My point is this. Ramsey is not gonna fold and will fight. That means a QB room with that much more competition. Theres one thing for sure Ramsey is a tough competitor! Should be entertaining!

Saw where the #1 player and QB in last years class Fields from Georgia is looking to transfer. I guess if kids don't see the field early they think the best thing to do is quit and go some where else.
I tried to make that point yesterday when someone said 3 QB’s was not too many.
We are not OSU,the kid that ends up third will transfer. He is not going to hold the clipboard and wait on a chance to play like he would at sone schools,he’s gonna look for playing time somewhere else.But there are some on here that don’t think that’s the case.

Reactions: Lillyr66
Saw where the #1 player and QB in last years class Fields from Georgia is looking to transfer. I guess if kids don't see the field early they think the best thing to do is quit and go some where else.
Yup this oppty to play immediately is NOT GOOD! They used to make you sit out a year. Look at nebraska they kinda got screwed even though I'm all anti nebraska.

This kinda crap though is like dads club sh!t...Quit and go play somewhere else. Do they really think its gonna be better somewhere else? Look at Tronti he probably would have played this year. Now he's buried even worse on the fau roster.

Yup this oppty to play immediately is NOT GOOD! They used to make you sit out a year. Look at nebraska they kinda got screwed even though I'm all anti nebraska.

This kinda crap though is like dads club sh!t...Quit and go play somewhere else. Do they really think its gonna be better somewhere else? Look at Tronti he probably would have played this year. Now he's buried even worse on the fau roster.

This is a bad take

There is 1 spot and they want to make a career out of playing football. Therefore, you go somewhere you get a chance to play. Simple as that.

Those things make sense...on one plane...but his style of play is not what Debord and Allen have been building towards. Are we going back to having QB's with opposite styles again? I can fully understand why the kid want to leave Utah...but I'm not so sure why he is interested in us...sorry...been an IU fan too long vbg. I keep asking myself...what's wrong with him? Is he flawed in some way we cant see...like what just happened last summer...least we forget. We really haven't been a destination for 4--5 star QBs...not that Im complaining...but I look every gift horse right smack in the mouth...vbg...but I have hope...

If Ord shows up he can give you the low down on why he isn't as good as people say and inform us that no one else wanted him. If he doesn't then just visit GBI, I trust they are all over it.

Reactions: All4You and 76-1

I think that most QB transfers are because they aren't seeing path to any playing time in their college career, not just a lack of early playing time. At pretty much any other position, good (but behind better players) are still going to see the field.

This is a bad take

There is 1 spot and they want to make a career out of playing football. Therefore, you go somewhere you get a chance to play. Simple as that.
Thats your opinion...Its sounds like dads saying if your not gonna play we'll pick up our stuff and go elsewhere. Prolly the same kids who got participation trophies their whole life...wtf???

I can understand rare situations like coaching changes OR a family member gets ill and you need to move closer to home. Thats understandable!

Point is your given an opportunity same as everyone else. You took the time throughout high school and listened to all the pitches and decided to go somewhere. Then you compete, don't make it, and QUIT??? Sorry if thats my kid, my foot is up his a$$ telling him to go win the job. You don't quit!!!

Society today is pussified to the fullest!

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 82IU
I think that most QB transfers are because they aren't seeing path to any playing time in their college career, not just a lack of early playing time. At pretty much any other position, good (but behind better players) are still going to see the field.

As much as this rule disrupts matters, I think it's good for mid to lower D1 programs like IU......much harder for the OSUs and USCs of the world to stockpile QBs. Spreads the wealth, so to speak.

It's nice to get a 4 star QB, but I see another 3 way battle for QB and the loser possibly leaving. I almost hope he does have to sit out a season. I want to know if Penix is better than Ramsey.

Now that we got the kid, let’s see if Fred and the group of eligibility gurus can pull something out of their hats and get him immediately eligible to play? Michigan did it with their transfer from Ole Miss. Let’s not have another Fitzgerald snafu.

Thats your opinion...Its sounds like dads saying if your not gonna play we'll pick up our stuff and go elsewhere. Prolly the same kids who got participation trophies their whole life...wtf???

I can understand rare situations like coaching changes OR a family member gets ill and you need to move closer to home. Thats understandable!

Point is your given an opportunity same as everyone else. You took the time throughout high school and listened to all the pitches and decided to go somewhere. Then you compete, don't make it, and QUIT??? Sorry if thats my kid, my foot is up his a$$ telling him to go win the job. You don't quit!!!

I have a very strong suspicion you will never have the opportunity to provide the bloodlines for a professional athlete, let alone a D1 athlete, so you should probably just not worry your little head about it.

This has nothing to do with quitting. This has nothing to do with pussies.

I have a very strong suspicion you will never have the opportunity to provide the bloodlines for a professional athlete, let alone a D1 athlete, so you should probably just not worry your little head about it.

This has nothing to do with quitting. This has nothing to do with pussies.
Lord the dumb comments on this board sometimes. (Insert Headshake) okay skippy.

So would you teach your hypothetical son to quit every sport just because he didn't start?
I think the scenario today in D1 sports is a little different than little league. yes we want our kids to "finish what you started" but transferring to a different school is not quitting is it? So I guess you have been at the same job your entire career right? THIS is the landscape of collegiate sports today...coaches move on why can't the players? just my opinion.

From middle school and on I would encourage my son to be involved in activities other than competitive sports. And I wouldn't let him play football.
Then we can agree to disagree.

I have 7 kids, not hypothetical, they have been involved in sports from pre-school to college level including football, rugby, wrestling, and soccer. Other sports were skateboarding, motocross, and jiu-jitsu. They have also been involved in other activities like you mentioned. I have never encouraged them to quit, besides a couple times when it was necessary (couldn't field a team or squad or injury). They always stuck it out. jus sayin...

Rough crowd today (lol).
From yesterday's Star: "Were he a commitment out of high school, Tuttle would be the highest-rated signal caller to pick the Hoosiers in the recruiting rankings era." I guess my sin was the reference to "modern." But yeah, you guys are old!
i think babe laufenberg was pretty well recruited. i remember tim clifford picked indiana over wisconsin because he thought we had a stronger program. lol

I tried to make that point yesterday when someone said 3 QB’s was not too many.
We are not OSU,the kid that ends up third will transfer. He is not going to hold the clipboard and wait on a chance to play like he would at sone schools,he’s gonna look for playing time somewhere else.But there are some on here that don’t think that’s the case.
and so your solution would be to stop recruiting quarterbacks or only recruit bad ones?

i was thinking tronti probably would have played too

This is a bad take

that's fine except there is no guarantee you will play at the new school either. simple as that

i

think it's safe to say that if you received a scholarship to play major college football you "prolly" have more than participation trophies on your shelf

i

think it's safe to say that if you received a scholarship to play major college football you "prolly" have more than participation trophies on your shelf
Hopefully as a coach you understand where I was going with this. Its the general attitude today. Sure I'm older and my dad would never let me quit. Were there times when my kids wanted to quit, yes of course, but quitting is not always the answer. With this new transfer rule you see kids just quit and leave which makes me wonder how they were raised? When you had to sit out that extra year it made you think twice. Its great when your the beneficiary, but what if tomorrow Penix and Ramsey quit? Then what? I'm not for anything that promotes quitting.

Last edited:
Then we can agree to disagree.

I have 7 kids, not hypothetical, they have been involved in sports from pre-school to college level including football, rugby, wrestling, and soccer. Other sports were skateboarding, motocross, and jiu-jitsu. They have also been involved in other activities like you mentioned. I have never encouraged them to quit, besides a couple times when it was necessary (couldn't field a team or squad or injury). They always stuck it out. jus sayin...
skateboarding is a crime, not a sport

Hopefully as a coach you understand where I was going with this. Its the general attitude today. Sure I'm older and my dad would never let me quit. Were there times when my kids wanted to quit, yes of course, but quitting is not always the answer. With this new transfer rule you are seeing kids just quit and leave which makes me wonder how they were raised? When you had to sit out that extra year it made you think twice. Its great when your the beneficiary, but what if tomorrow Penix and Ramsey quit? Then what? I'm not for anything that promotes quitting.
of course. but how do you reel it back in?. kind of like allen's leo mantra. how do you put an end to that silliness once you start?

Fields knew that Frohm took them to the championship last year as a freshman so he should have known he was not just going to get the starting job.

Plus.....Frohm was himself very highly rated coming out of HS....not #1 nationally but top 7 or 8.

But.....Fields is from Georgia, so it's understandable that he'd want to go there.......if he now feels like he can't beat out Frohm I can see him not wanting to sit out 2 more years.....especially because Brohm at 6'2" might play all 4 years rather than to go pro.

Plus.....Frohm was himself very highly rated coming out of HS....not #1 nationally but top 7 or 8.

But.....Fields is from Georgia, so it's understandable that he'd want to go there.......if he now feels like he can't beat out Frohm I can see him not wanting to sit out 2 more years.....especially because Brohm at 6'2" might play all 4 years rather than to go pro.
freudian slip?

Last edited:
Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT