ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Myer to step down

What!!?? Huh!!??

No national search? How can this be? Has Fred Glass taken over as AD at Ohio?

Obviously Ohio doesn't care about Football!! What is next...restrooms that are not FB only??

Justifications and excuses from the usual suspects in 3....2....1...

Heard on Mike & Mike that Urban Meyer is stepping down as HC of OSU after the Rose Bowl. They are promoting Ryan day as their next HC so I guess even big time programs don't always do national searches before hiring within.
Fickel got canned after one just OK season, didn’t he?

Heard on Mike & Mike that Urban Meyer is stepping down as HC of OSU after the Rose Bowl. They are promoting Ryan day as their next HC so I guess even big time programs don't always do national searches before hiring within.
Little bit of a stretch..... paint that barn any color you want. To not see the difference is just dishonest.

What!!?? Huh!!??

No national search? How can this be? Has Fred Glass taken over as AD at Ohio?

Obviously Ohio doesn't care about Football!! What is next...restrooms that are not FB only??

Justifications and excuses from the usual suspects in 3....2....1...
Bring back the horse trough’s...please

Again dishonest if you don’t see a difference.....

Day was the offensive coordinator for Temple in 2012, as well as the offensive coordinator for Boston College from 2013 to 2014. He was hired as the Philadelphia Eagles' quarterbacks coach on January 22, 2015.[3] However, in 2016, after being relieved of his duties in Philadelphia, he was hired in the same role by his mentor Chip Kelly, who became the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. On January 3, 2017, Day was hired to replace co-offensive coordinator Tim Beck of the Ohio State Buckeyes. After being linked to the Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator position in January 2018, Day was promoted to offensive coordinator and primary playcaller at Ohio State. On August 1, 2018, he was named acting head coach at Ohio State when head coach Urban Meyer was placed on administrative leave[4] after alleged domestic violence incidents against then-fired assistant coach Zach Smith were made public. On December 4, 2018 Day was named the next coach at Ohio State after Urban Meyer announced his retirement

Reactions: IUgradman

So, in your world, you think Meyer just sprung this on the AD early this morning and the AD ran down the hall until he ran into Day and the AD said, "Hey bud, how does being the head coach next year work for you?"

Maybe - just maybe - this has been in the works for a while.

Day was the offensive coordinator for Temple in 2012, as well as the offensive coordinator for Boston College from 2013 to 2014. He was hired as the Philadelphia Eagles' quarterbacks coach on January 22, 2015.[3] However, in 2016, after being relieved of his duties in Philadelphia, he was hired in the same role by his mentor Chip Kelly, who became the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. On January 3, 2017, Day was hired to replace co-offensive coordinator Tim Beck of the Ohio State Buckeyes. After being linked to the Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator position in January 2018, Day was promoted to offensive coordinator and primary playcaller at Ohio State. On August 1, 2018, he was named acting head coach at Ohio State when head coach Urban Meyer was placed on administrative leave[4] after alleged domestic violence incidents against then-fired assistant coach Zach Smith were made public. On December 4, 2018 Day was named the next coach at Ohio State after Urban Meyer announced his retirement

Don't let facts get in the way of his meme.

You just cant help but being an obnoxious SOB...can you? Dig a hole...crawl in...leave real fans alone...loser.

This will be a perfect test case, actually.

If.....BIG IF....OSU goes 9-3 or worse the next couple years, let's see if they ride it out for 4-5 years til Day gets "his guys".

Or, if like Fickell, Day has an opportunity...but with a short leash.
There is a difference between the talent he inherits and the talent that Tom Allen received.

Reactions: DANC
You just cant help but being an obnoxious SOB...can you? Dig a hole...crawl in...leave real fans alone...loser.
I don’t understand you.... what in the world is wrong with my post and what about it is being obnoxious? I didn’t call him an SOB....I didn’t suggest he commit suicide... and I didn’t call him a loser....

You are comical .... I think we are going to be good friends. You just may become my pet project....

There is a difference between the talent he inherits and the talent that Tom Allen received.

That's why he said 9-3 and not 5-7, I would guess? OSU was 10-2 last year and went 11-1 this year. I also believe that they would can Day after two 9 win seasons.

Yes, he had more experience than TA BUT, no head coaching experience. Several posters here complained about no national search for a coach here at IU. Almost ANY coach would take the OSU call and yet they promoted an OC. Maybe not Saban or a couple of others but everyone else would. IU didn't do a national search and neither did OSU.

Maybe they just wanted to go cheap. Surely Day won't get the same money Urban got. Another refrain you read on here.

Reactions: 76-1
OK??

Why is that even applicable given my statement?

I'm not sure what your point is.

Just a guess, but I think he thinks you implied that OSU won’t give a guy 3 years to “get his guys” on the field, but will instead just expect a new coach to “win now” and fire him even if he goes 18-6 in his first two years, and he was pointing out that Day has better talent Day 1 than a new coach at IU, who usually inherits lesser talent and can’t or shouldn’t be expected to “win now”.

Shorter version - Day doesn’t even have to reload, he has what he needs Day 1, while an IU coach (here, Allen) always has to do more with less, recruit some guys, will never have OSU-level players in his first few years and needs to be given time to put “his guys” on the field so we can see what he can do. (Maybe not shorter after all. Still a guess.)

This will be a perfect test case, actually.

If.....BIG IF....OSU goes 9-3 or worse the next couple years, let's see if they ride it out for 4-5 years til Day gets "his guys".

Or, if like Fickell, Day has an opportunity...but with a short leash.
Oh, he WILL be on a short leash at O$U

I think recruiting will suffer at OSU under Day.
They would have had many options if they had done a nation wide search.
Not sure a national search would have produced a better option than Allen at IU,just my 2 cents worth.

I think recruiting will suffer at OSU under Day.
They would have had many options if they had done a nation wide search.
Not sure a national search would have produced a better option than Allen at IU,just my 2 cents worth.

Some OL from Georgia already decommitted - and his brother is on the team

Following a winner is hard.

Reactions: 76-1 and CC Mac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT