ADVERTISEMENT

Updated S&P+ Rankings...

From those stats, it looks like PU should be favored and hopefully they have some special teams gaffs.

Good thing stats don't win games so LET'S KEEP THE BUCKET GUYS.

Indiana:

Overall - 51st
Offense - 98th
Defense - 26th
Special Teams - 12th

Purdue:

Overall - 38th
Offense - 75th
Defense - 27th
Special Teams- 84th

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

Purdue’s turnaround on defense has been nothing short of amazing. They showed a stat that during conference play, Purdue went from allowing 42 PPG last year to only 19 PPG this year. I think they said it’s the biggest 1-year change in 10+ years or something. Nick Holt should be up for some awards IMO.

Reactions: cshartle123
Purdue’s turnaround on defense has been nothing short of amazing. They showed a stat that during conference play, Purdue went from allowing 42 PPG last year to only 19 PPG this year. I think they said it’s the biggest 1-year change in 10+ years or something. Nick Holt should be up for some awards IMO.
Holt will be difficult to retain.

It certainly helps when you don't play Penn State and Ohio State. Those two clubs would've bombed Purdue for 40-55pts apiece. None the less, their defense has improved.

Reactions: cshartle123
It certainly helps when you don't play Penn State and Ohio State. Those two clubs would've bombed Purdue for 40-55pts apiece. None the less, their defense has improved.

That is factored in on the s&p+. Also I looked at strength of schedule on Sagarin and it is really close. I think 25 for IU and 27 for PU and that might have been not counting yesterday.

That is factored in on the s&p+. Also I looked at strength of schedule on Sagarin and it is really close. I think 25 for IU and 27 for PU and that might have been not counting yesterday.

Can you elaborate when you say that it’s factored in on the S&P? What are you referring to?

I’m guessing IU clearly has the tougher conference schedule but Purdue’s OOC games were much tougher than IU’s and that’s why they’re so close? Every non-conference team Purdue played is already bowl eligible (Ohio 8-3, UL 7-4, and Mizzou 6-5).

Reactions: mayorparker
Possibly but I know he loves working with Brohm and may be okay sticking with him.
I'm sure he likes Brohm, but the chance to move up and make much more money will be the issue. See Dave Aranda, who left Wisconsin a few years ago and makes over a million a year as DC at LSU. Not saying Holt gets that, but his pedigree will make him an in demand coordinator and PU won't pay that kind of money to keep him.

Purdue has gone up against the following offenses:

3. Louisville
11. Missouri
40. Ohio
45. Wisconsin

IU has gone up against the following offenses:

4. Ohio State
31. Penn State
45. Wisconsin

In those 4 games for Purdue, they have given up 76 points or 19 PPG. So no I don’t agree that Purdue would give up 40-55 PPG against Ohio State or Penn State.

I'm sure he likes Brohm, but the chance to move up and make much more money will be the issue. See Dave Aranda, who left Wisconsin a few years ago and makes over a million a year as DC at LSU. Not saying Holt gets that, but his pedigree will make him an in demand coordinator and PU won't pay that kind of money to keep him.

How can you be sure Purdue won’t pay that kind of money to keep him? No way to know until/unless it happens.

Can you elaborate when you say that it’s factored in on the S&P? What are you referring to?

Here is a link with the parameters. http://www.footballoutsiders.com

Basically what I am saying is the amount of yards you give up is factored against their averages on offense. So if you have played higher power offenses or lower power offense you are graded on how much you hold them below their average.

Last edited:
If we played like we did this weekend, I'm sure we will win. We pummeled Rutgers lol they were scoreless. Our defense needs to step up like they did this weekend, and our seniors want to beat Purdue. They don't want to be the ones that stopped our win streak against Purdue.

Reactions: 76-1
Just saw a projection where unless there were upsets there will be one extra eligible team for the bowl slots. So this most likely will be do or die. Even if there were a couple upsets you have to hope for an APR advantage.

Remind me what that has to do with running a university? The guy has been a great hire for us.

Remind when I wrote anything about how he runs your university? I realize reading comprehension isn't your string suit.

Also, your man Mitch is a cuckold.

Remind when I wrote anything about how he runs your university? I realize reading comprehension isn't your string suit.

Also, your man Mitch is a cuckold.

Just making a point that it’s not relevant to his time as Purdue president. He’s a great president and that’s all that matters to me.

Ignoring the S&P+, defense is now 22nd in traditional total defense.

I know it's an imperfect stat, but IU is up to #22 nationally in total defense. Fifth ranked unit in the B1G, after Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State. A couple of spots ahead of Penn State. Also ranked ahead of programs like Florida, Florida State, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC, Louisville, Stanford, etc.

Still one game to play, but nice to see this for a unit that publicly proclaimed a goal of being a top 25 defense.

Reactions: td75
I’m glad to see our statistics are improving. We played a great game in all three phases on Saturday. We dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we can bring the run game to Purdue. It really helps our defense take control of the game.

Mitch was the perfect President for PU. After a couple of weak leaders, his financial and organizational skills were much needed as CEO. He is not a long-term solution, but he won't be interested that long.

That's a pretty terrible thing to say and has nothing to do with football. You should be ashamed of yourself but I'm guessing that never happens.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cuckold

His wife cheated on him, left him for another man, moved away and left him with their 4 children. Then after all of that, he took her back. You are correct that this has nothing to do with football, but Mitch is a cuckold.

ADVERTISEMENT