ADVERTISEMENT

Update....

clubjockey

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Heard from TheBigLebowski and he's in... so we're at 13 or 14 if Rolo Tomasi decides to play... he sounds like he's leaning towards playing.

If we only lose one or two players, like we obviously will, my vote is to not replace them... it will make the draft that much shorter and the pickings at the end that much less nausiating. However, if we do want to go back to 15 like we had last year, I have heard from two people who want in, and I'm sure there are other potential candidates.

Also... Do we need to send out an "update" on the leagues and the schedules? I know we've had at least one league add a team and thereby change its league schedule to impact the roto competition... Or are we going to be cut-throat and let everyone figure it out themselves?

Also, as soon as we get confirmation on who's playing (Rolo? Any additions or not?) we should have Terry give us the draft order so we can begin to sweat... either that OR....

We do it like the pros do it and go in reverse order of finish from the year before rather than a random draw each time?... this is possible if we do not add any new players and keep our same players (we can skip Stunned and rolo should he not want to play or we can put any new additions at the beginning or the middle or the end of the draft, or insert them in the open slots in the draft order? Ties could be handled by open draw?)

Thoughts on any or all of that?

New draft order

I am not a fan AT ALL of the idea of the draft order being the reverse order of finish from the prior year. This isn't like pro sports where the team is mostly the same so a poor finish requires a higher draft position to increase odds of improving. All of us have blank roster slates to start the year so the random draft order is appropriate.

I'm okay with whatever the majority feel in terms of total number of participants.

As far as leagues and schedules, there was more than 1 league that changed their schedule. Again if we let everyone figure it out that's fine by me, since I have that info at my fingertips already, but I'm also okay if we lay everything out for everyone.

The big thing for me is the draft order. BIG fan of a new, random order.

you're so funny and cute...

thinking we care what you think....

However, you have a good point about the draft order... I guess random is the way to go. I would like to get that order sooner rather than later however.

It's almost, but not quite, as funny as

Watching you stumble year after year into a "oh so close" finish for the lead. You're the Susan Lucci of roto.

You cut me....

And I had missed one of those conferences... It'll really be interesting when the B10 goes to 18 games next year.

Here's a vote for random order, just like my picks

the twists at each end of the draft make going first or last potentially advantageous. Keep that random.

No strong feeling about adding players. Sounds like we're near, maybe at, 15 anyway.

Definitely we need an update on leagues. Some here are internet-challenged enough to pick teams with 12 game conference seasons; why not wait to laugh at them? (I picked Memphis two years ago, earning scorn from some because of the CUSA's short schedule).

Were we thinking about NCAA tourney wins? I'm starting to lean against it, but it could make things interesting into March. The end of the Roto is often kind of a letdown. Several of you didn't even show up for my coronation in 2006.

I vote for random.

It's not as if we are carrying over rosters. Plus, there's some debate about whether picking #1 is even a prize with the "S" draft order.

I'm for a new random draw.

I still like extending the season into the NCAA for any teams you have alive yet.
Are we doing the wild card or not? Fine by me yes, but not a big deal either.

Do we have the players finalized?

If so, I can do a draft order today - it sounds like random is the favorite choice.

I have no opinion on number of players.

I would GREATLY appreciate someone putting together another Excel spreadsheet this season with league teams and number of games and whatnot. For those of us on the, um, light side of the research curve, it's a big help.

ADVERTISEMENT