ADVERTISEMENT

Update on OC?

Not any inside info but my money's on Aaron Keen Eastern Michigan OC. He worked with Deboer at Eastern. He's been mentioned on here a few times.
That's who I was thinking too. His offense looked very similar to Deboer's of course since they worked together. I noticed he doesn't utilize the TE as much in the passing game though. Wonder if that would change when coming here. Maybe Allen will say the TE use will be needed more.

Allen said today that decision has been put on the back burner so he can focus completely on the bowl game. Of course I would bet a lot of money that there are people in the athletic department collecting resumes and gathering data on potential candidates.

Allen said today that decision has been put on the back burner so he can focus completely on the bowl game. Of course I would bet a lot of money that there are people in the athletic department collecting resumes and gathering data on potential candidates.
Yes. It is like when a coach says “I have not spoken with State U”. Right, but your agent has.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Indiana has a really nice nucleus in which to build around next year. There's above average talent, some of it being all conference talent, at the QB, WR and RB positions. Most of these positions will have nice depth, too.

A potential OC doesn't have to look very far to figure out he might be coming into a fairly loaded situation....I would conclude that Coach Allen has some pretty good leverage going into this hire.

Indiana has a really nice nucleus in which to build around next year. There's above average talent, some of it being all conference talent, at the QB, WR and RB positions. Most of these positions will have nice depth, too.

A potential OC doesn't have to look very far to figure out he might be coming into a fairly loaded situation....I would conclude that Coach Allen has some pretty good leverage going into this hire.
TE isn't too shabby either,with Hendershot back for 2 more years. He's big-time.

That's what I am loving about this as well. People aren't looking at this job and not wanting to come. They want an opportunity with our players!

That's what I am loving about this as well. People aren't looking at this job and not wanting to come. They want an opportunity with our players!
For the first time in a long long time, we have the personnel on hand to make any OC worth his salt look good. Good coaches want to coach good players. That's something we've not been able to offer in the past.

CTA needs to get this one right, the same as he did last year. If he is able to do it again, then he can address the defense.

And a program on the rise.

For the first time in a long long time, we have the personnel on hand to make any OC worth his salt look good. Good coaches want to coach good players. That's something we've not been able to offer in the past.

CTA needs to get this one right, the same as he did last year. If he is able to do it again, then he can address the defense.

This isn’t a situation, fortunately, where Allen has to scour the earth to find an OC. As soon as the position became open, several coaches contacted him expressing interest.

I’d say there are a number of high quality coaches who would take it.

This isn’t a situation, fortunately, where Allen has to scour the earth to find an OC. As soon as the position became open, several coaches contacted him expressing interest.

I’d say there are a number of high quality coaches who would take it.
To me that also helps quite a bit as well. Makes it easier and to see which coaches want the position while also keeping an eye on other targets. I have a feeling Keen was one that called in

To me that also helps quite a bit as well. Makes it easier and to see which coaches want the position while also keeping an eye on other targets. I have a feeling Keen was one that called in

Let's hope we wrap things up with him (Keen) sooner than later. Looks like there may be a few other teams out there that might be more than a bit interested...

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT