ADVERTISEMENT

University of Kentucky Basketball Team-Really??

Stop it, just stop it. There's just so much mortification one person can take. I'll just have to drown my sorrow in bourbon and a replay of one of our championships. But oh no, they all feature out-of state players. Man, that ruins everything.
When you get to the bottom of that bottle of bourbon take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and admit the shame of supporting a team that has corrupted everything good about college basketball. I have no idea why kids born and raised in Kentucky are such bad players. It is so widespread that maybe it’s some genetic shortcoming.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmygoiu
Yes but how do I put someone on ignore?
No idea as I’ve never resorted to that simply because someone has a different view than my own. Seems like such a cowardly approach, but I know some people would rather run and hide.

No idea as I’ve never resorted to that simply because someone has a different view than my own. Seems like such a cowardly approach, but I know some people would rather run and hide.
Yes agreed but how do I put someone on ignore?

Well, if that's the case, I guess I should apologize. But before I do, are you sure we are the only ones responsible? For instance, Wikipedia tells me there are 14 Division I schools on probation now, and we aren't one of them. Also, our last probation was 1989, but IU's was 2008. Doesn't that mean we aren't solely responsible for the corruption? But wait, you don't have to respond, I realize that your probation was unwarranted and IU is pure, innocent, and the last bastion of everything good in college basketball. Did I get that right?

Reactions: RunninRichie
Well, if that's the case, I guess I should apologize. But before I do, are you sure we are the only ones responsible? For instance, Wikipedia tells me there are 14 Division I schools on probation now, and we aren't one of them. Also, our last probation was 1989, but IU's was 2008. Doesn't that mean we aren't solely responsible for the corruption? But wait, you don't have to respond, I realize that your probation was unwarranted and IU is pure, innocent, and the last bastion of everything good in college basketball. Did I get that right?
I remember the comments that Tarkanian provided on this subject with respect to the NCAA and Kentucky. I was referring to something else-a deeper corruption of the spirit that results from a team that is purported to be emblematic of basketball in a state having little to do with the actual poor quality basketball in that state. It puts an asterisk by your wins.

Let’s say University of Mississippi decided to become THE college power in ice hockey and recruited players throughout the US and Canada and had a fantastic team. Wouldn’t you think that is odd since people in Mississippi can’t play ice hockey worth a flip. For me it is the same situation with UK basketball. You are representing a strength that just isn’t there. In fact there may be more accomplished hockey players in Mississippi than basketball players in Kentucky.

Last edited:
HS BB in Kentucky has been awful for decades. That being said, few good players are recruited by pUKe because they just aren't good enough OR they WANT to actually go to school instead of taking a few classes the first semester without having to attend any classes once the second semester starts... Since the NCAA sees no issue with that, those from coRupt arena take full advantage of the NCAA's hypocrisy. NV has advocated for years to dump the series and pick up the state of OH or IL and get some real competition. In addition, IU doesn't need to play the One Semester NBA Prep League. IU players attend class. You can't say that about that other organization (I won't insult the students who go to class at pUKe by calling that organization a school).

Reactions: CriticArisen
Good list of Indiana prep players who went to UofK. Here are a few more.
Walter McCarty
Sean Woods
James Blackmon
Here are a couple more Indiana prep players who went/committed to UofK.
Steve Lochmueller - same class as Flynn.
John Stewart (RIP) - never made it there. Passed away playing in the high school tourney.
Cotton Nash - played at Jeffersonville his first two years and then family moved to Louisiana. Later played in both the NBA and MLB.

Butler had a couple of impact players of late from KY in Shelvin Mack and Kelan Martin. UK came sniffing around Mack again after he committed.:rolleyes:

Here are a couple more Indiana prep players who went/committed to UofK.
Steve Lochmueller - same class as Flynn.
John Stewart (RIP) - never made it there. Passed away playing in the high school tourney.
Cotton Nash - played at Jeffersonville his first two years and then family moved to Louisiana. Later played in both the NBA and MLB.
I never heard the John Stewart story. I have heard of Cotton Nash but don’t know anything about him and will try to find info.

Here is a link. He was a top 50 recruit in 1999 from Lawrence north.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kentucky-recruit-collapses-dies/
I was sitting in the stands at the regional at Columbus that night and watched it happen. It was awful.

I saw Cotton Nash play Triple-A baseball at Evansville in the early 1970's. I was a kid at the time and his name meant nothing to me but my dad knew him from his days as a standout basketball player.

I was sitting in the stands at the regional at Columbus that night and watched it happen. It was awful.

I saw Cotton Nash play Triple-A baseball at Evansville in the early 1970's. I was a kid at the time and his name meant nothing to me but my dad knew him from his days as a standout basketball player.
I heard a fair amount about Cotton Nash growing up in the Jeffersonville program.

Yes agreed but how do I put someone on ignore?

You can't intentionally put food out on the counter, then complain when the rats come, as you know they will. Your post was the problem dumbass. You make a stupid post about UK players not being from KY... who gives a flippin' f_ck? I'm not going to tell you how to ignore someone, I'll show you!

Says the cowardly fraud that won’t admit to his previous handles.
You’re a fraud who acts like a child on an internet message board, all because I busted you for making stuff up about the 1981 team. You’ve been whining and crying about it ever since. Love that I live rent free in your empty head. No chance you ever led anyone.

You’re a fraud who acts like a child on an internet message board, all because I busted you for making stuff up about the 1981 team. You’ve been whining and crying about it ever since. Love that I live rent free in your empty head. No chance you ever led anyone.
LOL. You can’t stop lying. You’re a cowardly fraud. Go away, little troll boy.

LOL. You can’t stop lying. You’re a cowardly fraud. Go away, little troll boy.
The only liar is you. I busted you and you continue to whine and cry because of it. No chance you ever led anyone, and I live rent free in your empty head. I love that you’re so intimidated by me. Coward.

The only liar is you. I busted you and you continue to whine and cry because of it. No chance you ever led anyone, and I live rent free in your empty head. I love that you’re so intimidated by me. Coward.
Thanks for making me laugh at you again. Why are you so obsessed with me that you feel the need to lie about me? Never mind, your very existence here is a lie so of course you’re going to lie. All. The. Time. Keep making me laugh at you, Mary. It’s the only thing you’ll get from me in your desperate search for attention.

Reactions: MrBing
Of course it does. The revenues generated from any sports are revenues to the state of Indiana overseen by the governor/trustees and his designates. If they decided to stop scholarships and increase the money paid by athletics to the general fund then it would be done. The University was established by the state legislature and is a public school and its budget overseen by the governor of Indiana.
All scholarships at Indiana are paid by Varsity Club donations. No athletic revenues or taxpayer money contributes anything to IU athletic scholarships.

Reactions: Birnk403
Thanks for making me laugh at you again. Why are you so obsessed with me that you feel the need to lie about me? Never mind, your very existence here is a lie so of course you’re going to lie. All. The. Time. Keep making me laugh at you, Mary. It’s the only thing you’ll get from me in your desperate search for attention.
I busted you for what I thought was your ignorance regarding the 1981 team. You stated something that was simply wrong, and when I pointed it out, you melted down like a child. You’ve been uber fragile ever since because you were embarrassed, and I’ve happily let you keep throwing your little tantrum. I live rent free in your empty head, and it’s obvious I intimidate you. That’s why you keep chasing me around. I’m just laughing while I pummel you.

Not a single word of that is true, Mary. That’s why you make me laugh so much - you’re the board’s lying clown as well as being a cowardly fraud. Carry on, little troll boy while I laugh at you.
It’s all true, which is precisely why you can’t stop chasing me around and being so intimidated by me. Your insecurity at being proven wrong about something sent you into a tantrum, and you’ve never gotten over it. I live in your empty head rent free and it drives you crazy. You’re a fraud, Connie, and a fragile one, at that.

Kentucky%20girls%20love%20dick.jpg

Reactions: RunninRichie
It’s all true, which is precisely why you can’t stop chasing me around and being so intimidated by me. Your insecurity at being proven wrong about something sent you into a tantrum, and you’ve never gotten over it. I live in your empty head rent free and it drives you crazy. You’re a fraud, Connie, and a fragile one, at that.
You’re very funny, Mary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT