ADVERTISEMENT

Undefeated Memories

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Today would have been my son and I’s annual game together (fifth overall). Started a tradition with his 9th birthday (2.28.16) to come back to Bloomington for one game and it’s always a Saturday or sunday game closest to his birthday. We missed one year (2018) due to a move. His 1st game was in 2016 for his 9th birthday and we were playing Purdue. The Hall was rocking! Ironically, the last time we beat Purdue and went on to win the B1G outright that season. Lean years followed with the next year (2017), we squeaked out a win vs Northwestern. We had seats behind the basket and with the game coming down to a desperation shot at our basket by NW at the end of the game, it made for an exciting finish. It was senior night and Hartman proposed to his sweetheart after the game. We missed 2018. 2019 featured a matchup vs a top ten team in michigan state. We had seats in second row behind MSU bench and had a great view to see RP defend a last second shot by Winston go off the rim. A great IU win and another tremendous memory. Then in 2020, we go to the matchup vs a 9th ranked Penn State team. Again, bleacher seats behind the basket down the line from IU bench. A strong performance by the Hoosiers and another win. Today would have been our fifth game together and he turns 14 tomorrow. In games my son attends, IU is undefeated. If anyone in the Atheltic department is reading this, we would gladly accept a flight on a Netjet and help will the team to victory today as my son clearly is the secret weapon for our Hoosiers. Go IU!

Today would have been my son and I’s annual game together (fifth overall). Started a tradition with his 9th birthday (2.28.16) to come back to Bloomington for one game and it’s always a Saturday or sunday game closest to his birthday. We missed one year (2018) due to a move. His 1st game was in 2016 for his 9th birthday and we were playing Purdue. The Hall was rocking! Ironically, the last time we beat Purdue and went on to win the B1G outright that season. Lean years followed with the next year (2017), we squeaked out a win vs Northwestern. We had seats behind the basket and with the game coming down to a desperation shot at our basket by NW at the end of the game, it made for an exciting finish. It was senior night and Hartman proposed to his sweetheart after the game. We missed 2018. 2019 featured a matchup vs a top ten team in michigan state. We had seats in second row behind MSU bench and had a great view to see RP defend a last second shot by Winston go off the rim. A great IU win and another tremendous memory. Then in 2020, we go to the matchup vs a 9th ranked Penn State team. Again, bleacher seats behind the basket down the line from IU bench. A strong performance by the Hoosiers and another win. Today would have been our fifth game together and he turns 14 tomorrow. In games my son attends, IU is undefeated. If anyone in the Atheltic department is reading this, we would gladly accept a flight on a Netjet and help will the team to victory today as my son clearly is the secret weapon for our Hoosiers. Go IU!
My family of 4 was at that Purdue game in 2016. Incredible game. Was nice to watch their Frankenstein (Haas) lose that day. Spent big money to sit in 11th row section B. Last good IUBB memory. Wouldn’t spend the price of a Starbucks coffee to watch them now.

Reactions: aajohn2000
ADVERTISEMENT