ADVERTISEMENT

UNC had to recruit ASU students to fill their floor seats Monday

BrewCityCy

Freshman
Jun 18, 2002
usp_ncaa_basketball-_final_four_championship_game-1.jpg
Pathetic cheaters:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/unc...-arizona-state-asu-final-four-ncaa-title-game

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
'Ol Roy the academic cheater. Fake UNC students for the TV broadcast. Thanks TV fans!

Ha - it does read kind of funny. But a bunch of seats from Oregon or South Carolina section opened up around 11pm Saturday and are forced on the remaining schools. So a kid would have to get from UNC to the game in Phoenix pretty quickly and be able to pay the transportation/hotels for the 1 game. Many kids were already there for entire final four weekend.

If I remember correctly, when IU went on the run with Mike Davis, the university lost over $300,000 in forced hotels/tickets and other requirements by the NCAA.

Reactions: Fus
If I remember correctly, when IU went on the run with Mike Davis, the university lost over $300,000 in forced hotels/tickets and other requirements by the NCAA.

Maybe they lost money on the hotels but it's hard to believe we lost money on tickets because we had huge fan support in 2002 after the first/second round (we went out to Sacramento, so while we had fans there it wasn't a huge number). Lexington and Atlanta were dominated by IU fans.

Ha - it does read kind of funny. But a bunch of seats from Oregon or South Carolina section opened up around 11pm Saturday and are forced on the remaining schools. So a kid would have to get from UNC to the game in Phoenix pretty quickly and be able to pay the transportation/hotels for the 1 game. Many kids were already there for entire final four weekend.

And gained a twenty times that from the positive national exposure. Sports aren't the drain many like to portray.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT