ADVERTISEMENT

UNC goes with the Alumni model too!

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
UNC promoted Hubert Davis to head coach and I believe they filled out their entire staff with UNC alums. It will be interesting to see how IU and UNC workout with all the alums they now have filling key roles.

Of course, the national media clowns praised the Hubert Davis hire as well as entire staff being UNC guys. There's truly a loathing of IU by the national media, likely due to Knight not catering to them.

Reactions: asindc
Of course, the national media clowns praised the Hubert Davis hire as well as entire staff being UNC guys. There's truly a loathing of IU by the national media, likely due to Knight not catering to them.
I noticed that too. Woody not really getting the respect he deserves if you ask me in regard to his head coaching experience and success. As others have pointed out, his record was pretty good when you take out the one horrible year in Atlanta and no coach wins in the NBA without players.

HD had been on staff there several years, and the others promoted have also been directly involved with the program. IUs situation obviously isn’t the same. The “media hates IU” narrative is nonsense. Not sure if you know any media members, but it’s an invented issue.

HD had been on staff there several years, and the others promoted have also been directly involved with the program. IUs situation obviously isn’t the same. The “media hates IU” narrative is nonsense. Not sure if you know any media members, but it’s an invented issue.
Of course you would defend this. Just shut up dude. HD hasn't been a head coach, at any level, a day in his life.

ADVERTISEMENT