ADVERTISEMENT

UGA with some blatant voter suppression

I do, as a matter of fact. Every single one of those is easily proven. Which one would you like me to give you research on? If you’d take a moment to read or watch real news, you’d know that too. Started Woodward’s book yet? Hard to pass that one off, since the moron let himself be taped.
Real news? No, I don't want to get my political opinions from CNN, MSNBC, or NYT. They suck almost as bad as Liberal policies.

I see much more from the left, at least on this board. Anything not accurate as it applies to the left in that article?

I see much more from the left, at least on this board. Anything not accurate as it applies to the left in that article?
Oh, those are certainly 5 logical fallacies, for sure. How surprising that a website for conservative women would only point out how the left uses them. :rolleyes:
I guess that's just another example of your middle of the road view.

It’s not safe for students to vote at the campus location. So the students should pile into a shuttle and go vote off campus. Right. As people have mentioned, UGA has a rather large outdoor athletic facility that would be great for a voting center.

Man I wish right wingers would put 1/10th of the vigor they project to protect 2A to protect the Constitutional right to vote.

You think UGA is controlled by right wingers?

It sure appears that their POV doesn't (didn't) include a concern for giving their students the best opportunity to participate in the electoral process.
Which automatically means the university is run by right wingers?

Oh, those are certainly 5 logical fallacies, for sure. How surprising that a website for conservative women would only point out how the left uses them. :rolleyes:
I guess that's just another example of your middle of the road view.
Quit focusing on where it comes from, focus on the fact that it’s accurate & that you are the biggest example of these bad practices. Try to be better about having an open mind moving forward...bigotry is holding you back from making things better...

Quit focusing on where it comes from, focus on the fact that it’s accurate & that you are the biggest example of these bad practices. Try to do better moving forward...
Of course...only the left practices logical fallacies.
Got it.
And I think you are the biggest example of these bad practices. See how that works?

Quit focusing on where it comes from, focus on the fact that it’s accurate & that you are the biggest example of these bad practices. Try to be better about having an open mind moving forward...bigotry is holding you back from making things better...
Hauser?

It sure appears that their POV doesn't (didn't) include a concern for giving their students the best opportunity to participate in the electoral process.
Which automatically means the university is run by right wingers?
It corresponds with the right wing agenda. Lefties want the woke kiddies to vote and will do everything they can to encourage them. Righties, not so much.

They may not be right wingers, they might just be stoopid. But I repeat myself.

Doesn't make the point any less valid.
The comedy value is nearly as high, if only that’s what you’re going for. Open your mind, your single minded hatred of people who think differently than you is a perfect example of our societal problems....

I guess one could make a voter suppression case out of the UGA situation . . . I'm hard pressed to see it though. Clarke County, GA, where UGA is located, is one of the more Democratic locations in Georgia. My guess is that not all that many students vote anyway, plus from what I know of the student population in Georgia, they're as likely as not to vote Republican . . . and as I understand it, the denial (since reversed) of on-campus voting applied only to early voting anyway . . .

. . . reading between the lines, this may have been a cost-containment decision as much as anything.

But I'll let y'all duke this one out . . . this tempest hasn't registered with ol' Sopey yet.

Reactions: RedFan1 and 76-1
I guess one could make a voter suppression case out of the UGA situation . . . I'm hard pressed to see it though. Clarke County, GA, where UGA is located, is one of the more Democratic locations in Georgia. My guess is that not all that many students vote anyway, plus from what I know of the student population in Georgia, they're as likely as not to vote Republican . . . and as I understand it, the denial (since reversed) of on-campus voting applied only to early voting anyway . . .

. . . reading between the lines, this may have been a cost-containment decision as much as anything.

But I'll let y'all duke this one out . . . this tempest hasn't registered with ol' Sopey yet.

I appreciate your local perspective. You may be right. The explanation provided was just so bad though.

. . . and as I understand it, the denial (since reversed) of on-campus voting applied only to early voting anyway . . .
They were going to provide a shuttle for early voting? Really? Could be, but it sounds off to me.

They were going to provide a shuttle for early voting? Really? Could be, but it sounds off to me.

Especially if health and safety was the reason. Putting kids on a shuttle, sending them off campus and then sending back to campus is much more risky than on campus voting. Add in the fact that UGA has many large facilities they could use (and they now are).

But to not know simple, objective facts takes a willing buyer. They enter these disinformation bubbles and never leave. Type “GOP voter suppression tactics” and you can find countless articles highlighting just that. So the information is out there. If the consumer wants to find it. As we see in this board, ignorance is an active mode.
You’re having two separate conversations at the same time.
You want to talk about voter suppression, fine, but don’t link a tweet from UGA and somehow expect people to draw the same comparison that you have.

The parallel you’ve drawn is quite the stretch.

Honestly this entire thread is stupid and a waste of my, time!

A serious question. Are other states not like Indiana? I can call the court office and have a ballot with postage mailed right to me, or I can go vote early for the entire month of October in multiple places around the county. I’m not limited to just 1 prescient. Same on Election Day. I can pick one of like 10 voting centers. Voting doesn’t seem that hard to accomplish if it’s something we’re really wanting to do.

I can call the court office and have a ballot with postage mailed right to me, or I can go vote early for the entire month of October in multiple places around the county.
Then you must be over 65 or have some other valid excuse. In Indiana you have to qualify for an absentee ballot in some fashion. And where I am there is only one location for early voting.
Same on Election Day. I can pick one of like 10 voting centers.
Are you sure about that? On election day? On election day I'm pretty sure I have to go to my designated polling place. This is in Monroe County (Bloomington). Perhaps other counties have what you describe.

A serious question. Are other states not like Indiana? I can call the court office and have a ballot with postage mailed right to me, or I can go vote early for the entire month of October in multiple places around the county. I’m not limited to just 1 prescient. Same on Election Day. I can pick one of like 10 voting centers. Voting doesn’t seem that hard to accomplish if it’s something we’re really wanting to do.

Until the last couple years, Hamilton County had 20+ early voting locations while Marion County had 1. There are a lot of ways to screw with things.

Reactions: UncleMark
Just the idea of disinformation. I’m not sure the board knows just how uninformed our electorate is. We’re woke now but uninformed. Google millennials and holocaust. That’s sobering

You can thank our educational system (and educators) for that... If it wasn't a version of history that highlighted the very worst of what was perpetrated by the US than it didn't matter...

I once asked my A student daughter what she was learning in history class (sophomore year in high school) and she said they were studying WW2... I asked for details and she elaborated that they were being taught that it was all just a "political disagreement"... I asked if the minor detail of "good versus evil" was covered at all and the reply was a negative..., aside from the "fact" that dropping the A bomb was evil...

I took a much, Much greater interest in her history education from that point on, making a point of taking her on a history trip/vacation to D.C. (and surrounding environs, hitting nearly every important site along the way (from the French & Indian War [ Fort Neccessity & Braddock's Road] up through the Civil War [Harpers Ferry, Antietam and Gettysburg] and on thru WW2 [National Musuem of the Marine Corps, Arlington Cemetery, Air and Space Musuem Annex at Dulles]... By the end of that trip she actually knew a little something about American History... (and had much greater appreciation of her families contribution to it)... While I'm glad to have done it (become involved in her education) it's pretty damn sad that I had to worry about it to that extent...

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You can thank our educational system (and educators) for that... If it wasn't a version of history that highlighted the very worst of what was perpetrated by the US than it didn't matter...

I once asked my A student daughter what she was learning in history class (sophomore year in high school) and she said they were studying WW2... I asked for details and she elaborated that they were being taught that it was all just a "political disagreement"... I asked if the minor detail of "good versus evil" was covered at all and the reply was a negative..., aside from the "fact" that dropping the A bomb was evil...

I took a much, Much greater interest in her history education from that point on, making a point of taking her on a history trip/vacation to D.C. (and surrounding environs, hitting nearly every important site along the way (from the French & Indian War [ Fort Neccessity & Braddock's Road] up through the Civil War [Harpers Ferry, Antietam and Gettysburg] and on thru WW2 [National Musuem of the Marine Corps, Arlington Cemetery, Air and Space Musuem Annex at Dulles]... By the end of that trip she actually knew a little something about American History... (and had much greater appreciation of her families contribution to it)... While I'm glad to have done it (become involved in her education) it's pretty damn sad that I had to worry about it to that extent...

Nice story...really believable. :rolleyes:

Why does it not surprise me that an ultra left winger like yourself wouldn't believe that a parent would do that for his or her child....

It was actually a pretty great trip (although she did get a bit bored when we swung by The Wilderness battle site (not much to see there these days [or at least when we were there there wasn't]...

She met a Marine Major General at the Evening Parade and hit every site that we had time to visit in DC... She'll remember that trip (and what she learned from it) for the rest of her life. It was worth every penny...

I had friends that home schooled their kids and at the time I thought they were a little nuts... Now, having seen these mobs of Know Nothings vandalizing monuments of Fredrick Douglass and Ulysses Grant it's clear they had the right idea...

Last edited:
Real news? No, I don't want to get my political opinions from CNN, MSNBC, or NYT. They suck almost as bad as Liberal policies.
So in other words you just make up what you want to believe or from your friend’s Facebook memes. Got it.

Why does it not surprise me that an ultra left winger like yourself wouldn't believe that a parent would do that for his or her child....

It was actually a pretty great trip (although she did get a bit bored when we swung by The Wilderness battle site (not much to see there these days [or at least when we were there there wasn't]...

She met a Marine Major General at the Evening Parade and hit every site that we had time to visit in DC... She'll remember that trip (and what she learned from it) for the rest of her life. It was worth every penny...

I had friends that home schooled their kids and at the time I thought they were a little nuts... Now, having seen these mobs of Know Nothings vandalizing monuments of Fredrick Douglass and Ulysses Grant it's clear they had the right idea...

Your bias is not subtle. And yes, I find your fantasy world a bit much.

That’s very surprising. I started teaching about the Holocaust in second grade. Everyone knew who Anne Frank was. Had a couple of books for early introduction , such as Follow the Stars and a Patricia Polacco. It wasn’t part of curriculum until 5th grade.

Then you must be over 65 or have some other valid excuse. In Indiana you have to qualify for an absentee ballot in some fashion. And where I am there is only one location for early voting.

Are you sure about that? On election day? On election day I'm pretty sure I have to go to my designated polling place. This is in Monroe County (Bloomington). Perhaps other counties have what you describe.

I have voted multiple times absentee in Indiana. All you have to tell them is you won’t be available to vote on Election Day. No valid reason is necessary. (At least in my county) And I can go to any voting center on Election Day or early voting. (Again, at least in my county) We’ve actually been able to cut down voting centers because of that and early voting. They weren’t all necessary.

Why would you doubt that? I know many families who have done that trip. School districts used to have some Gettysburg and DC learning trips but it became too expensive for many families and too big of a liability.

Reactions: 76-1
So in other words you just make up what you want to believe or from your friend’s Facebook memes. Got it.
No, for the third time. I don't like Liberal policies, they suck. I don't give a shit what Trump has to say on Twitter, or what CNN says about him. Identity politics is not politics.

I vote for the policies I like, bottom line.

Are you in Indiana? There are certain guidelines and curriculum that must be met. Did she have a syllabus?

ADVERTISEMENT