ADVERTISEMENT

(UE guard) Ryan Taylor considering grad transfer...IU interested?

IU has lost 3 guards-Jones,Johnson and Newkirk. That doesn't even count that there might be a transfer or not. Taylor can step in right away. While IU is bringing in versatile players ,it stll lacks experience-especially in the backcourt. Taylor would bring that. B10 is bigger stage but I think he could handle it.

You misread my post. I very much do think that Ryan Taylor could step in and contribute right away at IU. As much as I'd hate to see UE lose their best player, I'd love to see IU get him and think, for his prospects at playing professionally, he'd be better off in Bloomington.

I'm saying that I think Taylor's Aces teammate Dru Smith (who has also requested to explore a transfer) probably wouldn't be a great fit for IU. He's a fine player, and definitely belongs in D1. But I just don't see him playing significant minutes for a Power 5 team.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Reactions: IUgradman
You misread my post. I very much do think that Ryan Taylor could step in and contribute right away at IU. As much as I'd hate to see UE lose their best player, I'd love to see IU get him and think, for his prospects at playing professionally, he'd be better off in Bloomington.

I'm saying that I think Taylor's Aces teammate Dru Smith (who has also requested to explore a transfer) probably wouldn't be a great fit for IU. He's a fine player, and definitely belongs in D1. But I just don't see him playing significant minutes for a Power 5 team.

Why are you assuming IU is interested in Dru?

Is your son a scout?
He has been well known in the sports community since high school and through college. He works in the local media and has built up a lot of sources at all levels. He often works 7 days per week and knows his craft.

That is my assessment of Dru Smith. Smith is a solid player, but not someone we need to use a scholarship on. I hope he stays. People have known for a while that Taylor would leave. Marty would have been preparing for it. Now he doesn't need to worry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT