ADVERTISEMENT

U of L vs IU

Dec 17, 2016
Moreso than normal, our three point shooting will be critical in the U of L game. Their pressure and athleticism will "force" us into more attempts. Hopefully, we will be up to the challenge. Living in Southern Indiana, I probably have as much distaste for the Cards as anyone we will play. Except Purdue of course.

I couldn't agree more. It will all come down to how well we shoot, esp the 3. Shoot well, win , shoot bad, Lose. .Overall tho, I feel pretty good about our chances, I think if we lose... its probably a fluke. Like UK's, we simply cant shoot ice cold, even if we just shoot around avg I think well be alright.Where as Louisville, better atleast shoot decent unless were ice cold.

If the 3s aren't falling we must play great defense that this team hates playing. They cant let them shoot fire 43% from 2 & 3 ( yes 6-14 ) like they did against Uk wed night.
I don't see U of L shooting like the way INC torched us in March but I can see their defense giving us fits. It'll be a transition type of game.

I don't see U of L shooting like the way INC torched us in March but I can see their defense giving us fits. It'll be a transition type of game.

I think IU will win impressively vs Louisville. The Cards can really struggle getting a bucket at times and our D has improved enough to allow the offense to take control. The two losses have been frustrating, but I still think Crean has a team that fits his style of play. Call me crazy, but I think this is a legit NCAA Title contender with normal improvement.

I follow Alford's teams closely as I'm a big fan of his as a coach. I like IU's chances better than UCLA's just because I think the Bruins are too limited defensively. I think Alford is doing some good things to limit the effect of their D, but it will catch up to them in March if not sooner. I've got $50 on them at 60-1, so hopefully they get Prince and Welsh back and really improve defensively.

I'd rather hang another banner in Assembly Hall than cash in on my bet anyway... at least this could be a really fun basketball season.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I think IU will win impressively vs Louisville. The Cards can really struggle getting a bucket at times and our D has improved enough to allow the offense to take control. The two losses have been frustrating, but I still think Crean has a team that fits his style of play. Call me crazy, but I think this is a legit NCAA Title contender with normal improvement.

I follow Alford's teams closely as I'm a big fan of his as a coach. I like IU's chances better than UCLA's just because I think the Bruins are too limited defensively. I think Alford is doing some good things to limit the effect of their D, but it will catch up to them in March if not sooner. I've got $50 on them at 60-1, so hopefully they get Prince and Welsh back and really improve defensively.

I'd rather hang another banner in Assembly Hall than cash in on my bet anyway... at least this could be a really fun basketball season.
Well maybe if you don't win your bet, & we go bust in the tourney, well get Alford... Haaaa

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil

Hey crazy
This team won't even be a legitimate contender for the B1g title let alone win a tourney, 5-6 in the conference at best.

Hey crazy
This team won't even be a legitimate contender for the B1g title let alone win a tourney, 5-6 in the conference at best.

Christmas is over...trolling season starts again. Saved this with Roundfootball's similar prediction.

Christmas is over...trolling season starts again. Saved this with Roundfootball's similar prediction.
I think IU wins pretty handily. UL is long, athletic and plays good D. IU can have their typical go cold from three stretch and survive because UL is a poor shooting team. If IU can keep them out of transition it should be an IU win.
UL can get hot but % says they won't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT