ADVERTISEMENT

Typical IU football

Find another way to lose a close game. Today terrible special teams play cost us the game and along with poor defense
Why on 4th down do you run a pass play
short of the 1st down marker? We continue
to do very dumb stuff.

Just jump off a bridge because it quicker. Yes we should be upset with the loss but some of you guys just go over board with some stupid post.

What, is he going to get better? That performance today was an embarassment. Too many unforced mistakes to count.

I'm not saying CTA shold be fired but they looked like a very poorly coached team today.

Reactions: Thomtar
I think the Allen experiment failed. This should cost Fred Glass his job.

You are officially nominated for the dopiest post of the year award. That or the most fair weathered fan award.

It's Allen's FIRST season, with a team he inherited, not recruited them all. Give it a rest of he's a failure after 8 games in his tenure.

Please, that was a Lynch level performance out there today.
Not saying it will turn out the same but coach K was 38-47 his 3 years at Duke. Just saying you have to a little patent with a new coach. If fans or the AD at Duke was like fans then they would have never kept coach K and had their success. Coach Mallory was 0-11 his first year at IU and then turned it around by year 4 or 5.

Reactions: 76-1
You are officially nominated for the dopiest post of the year award. That or the most fair weathered fan award.

It's Allen's FIRST season, with a team he inherited, not recruited them all. Give it a rest of he's a failure after 8 games in his tenure.

He can't teach his special teams how to punt block or not allow an 85 yard punt return or his QB to throw the ball more than ten yards on 4th and 10?

It's always something. That was a very winnable game with the slightest bit of discipline.

Reactions: wervey
He didn't take over a terrible team or talent. Not a Coach Mal situation. We have all heard about our losses to top 25 teams, well today we were not well disciplined and lost to a bad Maryland team playing a 3rd string qb. This is enough to have questions.

Not ready to play at all. If you have a head coach that is also a coordinator you really don't have a very good head coach or coordinator. Just about all HC's have been very good coordinators. They hire good people and tell them what they want run and then coach the team.

Reactions: IUgradman
He can't teach his special teams how to punt block or not allow an 85 yard punt return or his QB to throw the ball more than ten yards on 4th and 10?

It's always something. That was a very winnable game with the slightest bit of discipline.

The first two things you list happened to some pretty good teams today. The third was called by deboard.

Kevin Wilson's recruiting is coming home to roost. Little early to judge TA.

Reactions: 76-1
Obviously a game IU could have and should have won. No one questioning that. Big let down, but the wheels are not fully off the bus. The team is still playing with a lot of injuries, a young O line, new QB and entire new offensive coaching staff and playing a lot of youngsters.

Frustrating loss, but future is still solid!

He didn't take over a terrible team or talent. Not a Coach Mal situation. We have all heard about our losses to top 25 teams, well today we were not well disciplined and lost to a bad Maryland team playing a 3rd string qb. This is enough to have questions.
I actually thought he was 4th string.... this was a measuring stick game.... were we better and couldn’t see it because of the tough teams we played? Or are we still playing to the competition? Haven’t seen a sign of progress yet in making the next step.

The first two things you list happened to some pretty good teams today. The third was called by deboard.

Kevin Wilson's recruiting is coming home to roost. Little early to judge TA.

WTH was wrong with Kevin Wilson's recruiting? It got us to two bowl games the last two years.

Reactions: Orbit7958
So when do we stop blaming Wilson (who got us to 2 bowl games and competitive in both). One year? Two? Four? When exactly do we evaluate this staff. Just wondering.

Flooded Timber, you're basically asking when does IU football finally become about Ws and Ls and stop making excuses for itself? Uhhh never?

Evaluation first and foremost by Fred Glass will be about compliance with the Student Bill of Rights. Ws and Ls are of secondary importance.

This team has many, many holes. The QB position is obviously dicey, but I like Lagow over Ramsey. Lagow has a million dollar arm, that's huge. Ramsey missed two WIDE open players in the first half that would've walked into the endzone.

I'm not sure we'll even win two more games. I do blame the schedule for many of our current issues. To make iu play this schedule tells me the deck is severely stacked against Indiana football.

I'm not saying CTA shold be fired but they looked like a very poorly coached team today.
I would have simply hit "like" to your post except, I don't like it. In fact, I hate it. I think you are right, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

This team has many, many holes. The QB position is obviously dicey, but I like Lagow over Ramsey. Lagow has a million dollar arm, that's huge. Ramsey missed two WIDE open players in the first half that would've walked into the endzone.

I'm not sure we'll even win two more games. I do blame the schedule for many of our current issues. To make iu play this schedule tells me the deck is severely stacked against Indiana football.
Take some deep breaths. Calm down. I still think we are on track for a third-consecutive 6-6 season, and another bowl game played closer to Christmas Day than New Year's Day.
If we don't accomplish that, then Tom Allen's seat most likely begins growing a little bit warmer.

Take some deep breaths. Calm down. I still think we are on track for a third-consecutive 6-6 season, and another bowl game played closer to Christmas Day than New Year's Day.
If we don't accomplish that, then Tom Allen's seat most likely begins growing a little bit warmer.

6-6 would be a heck of a season for a first year coach given the schedule and roster gaps.

Look at the roster. Gaps in skill positions and Oline. QB issue is on him.

I would disagree. Reason for OL quality the past few years was Greg Frey, not CKW and not who we recruited. QB, Richard Lagow was alright last year (aside from the Wake Forest game). I'm sure CKW would be doing just fine with him this year. Skill positions, not sure who we lost from last year (Devine Redding and that's about it right?) that's so severely impacted us at the skill positions, but we have plenty of talent. I would say our biggest issue has been OL and Greg Frey is really missed.

And I find it hard to understand how QB drama that was not drama last year is somehow pinned on a coach no longer with the team. We didn't have drama with Lagow at QB all year last year.

Reactions: Flooded Timber
6-6 would be a heck of a season for a first year coach given the schedule and roster gaps.
I honestly think CTA's biggest problem right now is that he has spent almost a year repeating two mantras: "LEO" and "Breakthrough." Well, there ain't gonna be any kind of breakthrough this season -- some turtle ran over that goal for us.
I also think CTA's biggest challenge, right now, is bringing in the players who are going to be able to provide that breakthrough. I realize there is a long time to go until signing day and it's way too early to reach any conclusions about the incoming class but, IF signing day were today, we don't have that kind of class coming in and every single four-star player we offered rejected us and will enroll somewhere else.
Is there a chance that FG was enthralled with loving each other, but big-time recruits are more interested in how CTA and his staff are going to get them into the NFL?

So when do we stop blaming Wilson (who got us to 2 bowl games and competitive in both). One year? Two? Four? When exactly do we evaluate this staff. Just wondering.

We evaluate the staff constantly, but in doing so we must consider all factors, including the context into which CTA began coaching this team.

Today is on CTA, IMO, because of poor special teams play and the defense not being able to adjust to Maryland's running game sufficiently.

I would disagree. Reason for OL quality the past few years was Greg Frey, not CKW and not who we recruited. QB, Richard Lagow was alright last year (aside from the Wake Forest game). I'm sure CKW would be doing just fine with him this year. Skill positions, not sure who we lost from last year (Devine Redding and that's about it right?) that's so severely impacted us at the skill positions, but we have plenty of talent. I would say our biggest issue has been OL and Greg Frey is really missed.

And I find it hard to understand how QB drama that was not drama last year is somehow pinned on a coach no longer with the team. We didn't have drama with Lagow at QB all year last year.

QB play was indeed a problem last year, how may BIG teams would RL or PR start for?

I honestly think CTA's biggest problem right now is that he has spent almost a year repeating two mantras: "LEO" and "Breakthrough." Well, there ain't gonna be any kind of breakthrough this season -- some turtle ran over that goal for us.
I also think CTA's biggest challenge, right now, is bringing in the players who are going to be able to provide that breakthrough. I realize there is a long time to go until signing day and it's way too early to reach any conclusions about the incoming class but, IF signing day were today, we don't have that kind of class coming in and every single four-star player we offered rejected us and will enroll somewhere else.
Is there a chance that FG was enthralled with loving each other, but big-time recruits are more interested in how CTA and his staff are going to get them into the NFL?

We shall see. The jury is out for objective fans.

QB play was indeed a problem last year, how may BIG teams would RL or PR start for?

QB play was not an issue last year. Lagow last year was the 6th ranked QB in the Big Ten in terms of rating. Ranked 2nd in yards per attempt. Lots of teams would have taken last year's Richard Lagow as their QB. Lagow threw 5 INTs against Wake and bringing in a second QB was never a question.

This year's Lagow is a bad analogy, because we don't know what this year's Lagow would have been with continuity of the offensive coaching staff.

Ahhhh.... the underbelly of IU athletics. There is more truth to your statement than not I am afraid. It is hard for that mantra to not be appealing to IU admin. That is why Crean lasted so long...#helmetstickers for all

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT