ADVERTISEMENT

Typical Archie....

If they collapse and don’t make it this year I’ll obligated to send you uneducated basketball defenders a farewell. The blind faith in CAM is the real BS on here. And such a low bar for what all of you accept as IU hoops.
Our wager has nothing to do with expectations or bar-setting. It has to do with crying weeks ago that IU would not make the tournament...nothing more.

Will it be like your last farewell, where you said you'd be gone until March and weren't gone a week?

Or, will you pull an ordy and just make a new user name? Or, will you really go away forever?
He swore he was done twice this season already. He's a lock to welch on his bet.

Reactions: MrBing
If they collapse and don’t make it this year I’ll obligated to send you uneducated basketball defenders a farewell. The blind faith in CAM is the real BS on here. And such a low bar for what all of you accept as IU hoops.

Uneducated? Blind? Real BS? Low bar? Reads like your bio.

Reactions: hondo314

What unmitigated horseshit. Nobody has blind faith in Archie. I'd say the only ones with blind faith are those completely wedded to the idea that he will fail at IU. People like you are the ones that have gone all in on blind faith... faith in your own personal judgment.

Most of you would be wise to ignore your own judgment.

Actually this Race emergence has completely changed this team and as far as next year....everyone on the floor down the stretch is supposed to be back next year (Rob, Al, Justin, Race and TJD).
Seeing a lot of player improvement. Race and Hunter are really coming on. TJD has been very good all year, but he's been outstanding of late. Brunk didn't have a very good game, but he has had some very good ones all season. He'll be a solid contributor next year as well.

Other team makes adjustments and IU has no answer = 26-4 run

I hear ya and would agree with you, but I chalked up Penn States comeback to our massive foul troubles.

They came back mainly on straight line drives. Brunk, Deron, TJD and Race all had 3 fouls (I think) and lightened up.

The last 10 minutes they went back to really challenging their drives and we ran away with the game.

Race completely changes this team. He makes TJD better and he gives Smith energy with his play.

He's 100 times more mobile than Brunk and he creates space in the post for TJD, he doesn't clutter up the post.

I hear ya and would agree with you, but I chalked up Penn States comeback to our massive foul troubles.

They came back mainly on straight line drives. Brunk, Deron, TJD and Race all had 3 fouls (I think) and lightened up.

The last 10 minutes they went back to really challenging their drives and we ran away with the game.

Race completely changes this team. He makes TJD better and he gives Smith energy with his play.

He's 100 times more mobile than Brunk and he creates space in the post for TJD, he doesn't clutter up the post.
I love lineups with TJD and Race together. We are much more athletic

Because we didn’t...it was a 26-4 run. Great bounce back to win but you can’t ignore the fact that scoring droughts plague this team
Don't worry everyone, I can translate Smitty into English. This response translates to:

I don't want to talk about that so I will continue to highlight the negative aspect that I want to focus on and completely ignore the rest.

Then what happened? How in the hell did we win without adjusting?. Should we forfeit?
Great win not denying that but the scoring droughts have plagued us all year. Nice we were able to fight back but the last two seasons we rarely have.

Because I posted it after we gave up our huge lead and PSU took the lead

So just out of curiosity, why "Typical Archie"? During the run, IU repeatedly go the ball down low on offense. Trayce missed a few, Deron missed one, Smith missed one. Archie made them miss those attempts? Maybe you're unhappy that they continued to pound it down low?

So just out of curiosity, why "Typical Archie"? During the run, IU repeatedly go the ball down low on offense. Trayce missed a few, Deron missed one, Smith missed one. Archie made them miss those attempts? Maybe you're unhappy that they continued to pound it down low?
Typical because they has been an occurring theme since he has been here. Long scoring droughts

Then what happened? How in the hell did we win without adjusting?. Should we forfeit?
The biggest reason for that run was foul trouble, Archie had to keep switching Race and TJD in and out and those are our two main post scorers right now. Our guards aren't consistent enough to carry the load once Devonte goes cold. They killed us on points in the paint early in the second half.

That along with Penn State making some tough contested layups (along with them buckling down on defense) was the reason for the run in my opinion.

I like what is becoming “typical” at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall under Archie. It’s defense, rebounds, and points in the paint.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Great win not denying that but the scoring droughts have plagued us all year. Nice we were able to fight back but the last two seasons we rarely have.
The biggest reason for that run was foul trouble, Archie had to keep switching Race and TJD in and out and those are our two main post scorers right now. Our guards aren't consistent enough to carry the load once Devonte goes cold. They killed us on points in the paint early in the second half.

That along with Penn State making some tough contested layups (along with them buckling down on defense) was the reason for the run in my opinion.
After being passive and rattled a bit in the first half, in the 2nd PSU came out very physical. We've had a problem with that all year, today we hit back, even through bad play.

Good sign.

Last edited:
After being passive and rattled a bit in the first half, in the 2nd PSU came out very physical. We've had a problem with that all year, today we hit back, even through bad play.

Good sign.
Yep, one thing about today is that nobody can deny that they were playing their asses off, they reacted well to a big game, and they played well through adversity. A ton of signs of growth for sure.

Archie was more animated on the sidelines today than any game I’ve seen this year. When IU gets the crowd going and the guys giving 100%, they are just as tough an out as anybody in the conference.

Everyone is saying how good the conference is but I see a lot of average teams in this league that can beat each other on any given night. Save for probably Northwestern and Nebraska. I don’t think any Big Ten team gets past the round of Elight 8 this year, but we’ll see.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Should we go back and look at “future looks positive” comments after FSU?
You could, but then smitty will have to explain why he said we were deep and talented.

I, on the other hand, said there was still alot to worry about--because Green wasn't going to play like that regularly, and turnovers were still a problem, iirc.

Since then, (and before) smitty comes up with a new negative rant every week or two. One time it was free throws, then shooting, now it's scoring droughts. His alarmingly short-sided hot takes, often based on nothing more than a half of basketball, deserve ridicule. The only common thread is consistent negativity. When he has to, he will begrudgingly offer a claim that he's happy we won, before getting right back to the complaining.

I continue to wait and see. Good game today. I'd like to win the next one too. It should be interesting to see how this young core develops...TJD, Race, Hunter, Phin, Franklin, good group. POTFB.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Yep, one thing about today is that nobody can deny that they were playing their asses off, they reacted well to a big game, and they played well through adversity. A ton of signs of growth for sure.
Yes but we need that effort every night and especially on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT