ADVERTISEMENT

Two choices.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
Wait for the offense to start hitting. The old saying "play defense and rebound and the offense will catchup. We play good defense and rebounding is solid. I would think we could turn several more possessions into easy baskets by working on the fast break. If you can't shoot run.

Wait for the offense to start hitting. The old saying "play defense and rebound and the offense will catchup. We play good defense and rebounding is solid. I would think we could turn several more possessions into easy baskets by working on the fast break. If you can't shoot run.
Add get in the paint and get fouled to the list as way to make up for shooting.

but .....

Players have to knock down open looks or defenses will be able to pack it in on us. We don't have to be a great shooting team but we need to be good enough to keep them honest. Last night, well ... that didn't help.

Disregarding last nights woeful shooting, we have 4/5 players (most with too small sample size) shooting over 35% and 3 shooting under 17%. Get rid of that 17% and maybe that's enough. It's not a hard shot, it's a simple catch and shoot... *sigh*

If we could just knock down open looks, the defenses will have to extend, if we can;t they gamble and pack it in stopping our drives, rolls and posts..

Last edited:
Add get in the paint and get fouled to the list as way to make up for shooting.

but .....

Players have to knock down open looks or defenses will be able to pack it in on us. We don't have to be a great shooting team but we need to be good enough to keep them honest. Last night, well ... that didn't help.

Disregarding last nights woeful shooting, we have 4/5 players (most with too small sample size) shooting over 35% and 3 shooting under 17%. Get rid of that 17% and maybe that's enough. It's not a hard shot, it's a simple catch and shoot... *sigh*

If we could just knock down open looks, the defenses will have to extend, if we can;t they gamble and pack it in stopping our drives, rolls and posts..
That appears to describe the present situation very well. So now what?

In any event, we need to be more effective in converting at the rim. We’ve had our troubles with point blank shots, as well.

Rebounding abandoned us during the last 2 minutes of the FSU game. I'd guess that FSU had more offensive rebounds during that period than we had rebounds.

Not good.

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
Rebounding abandoned us during the last 2 minutes of the FSU game. I'd guess that FSU had more offensive rebounds during that period than we had rebounds.

Not good.
We have to rebound better. We gave up way too many offensive rebounds which cost us possessions. On the defensive end, we can't score in transition because we are not rebounding and getting quick outlets. This really causes problems for us because we have a hard time scoring as a half-court offense.

We really are a solid basketball team in every regard except that we can't make 3's. We have to work too damn hard to get our points. That puts pressure on us to be great in every other area, every single possession. We have to be able to push the ball to get some easy scores, and that can't happen unless we rebound better.

ADVERTISEMENT