ADVERTISEMENT

Tuttle's going to get knocked out of this game

Univee2

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2002
. . . if the line play doesn't pick up.

We're getting little pressure on Corrall, otoh.

Reactions: red hornet
Yeah he’s hurt. Not sure why we are playing zone coverage when we have zero pass rush. Dumb
The defense isn’t the problem. Giving up 13 to Ole Miss in a half...I’m guessing that’s the best all year against them.

It was always going to be force FG’s and try to get some turnovers. I’m guessing not many watched any Ole Miss games.

Reactions: IUgradman
Ole Miss gives up 40 a game and scores 40 a game. Scoring 3 against them is an embarrassment. Our line is a disaster. A couple of drive killing penalties and as usual a couple of dropped passes. Really lousy offensive execution. We are going to get another quarterback killed.

The defense isn’t the problem. Giving up 13 to Ole Miss in a half...I’m guessing that’s the best all year against them.

It was always going to be force FG’s and try to get some turnovers. I’m guessing not many watched any Ole Miss games.

Ole missing is walking up and down the field at will. 0 pass rush. Recievers open all over. 300 yards of 0. Could easily have scored 28. Very fortunate so far.

Ole Miss gives up 40 a game and scores 40 a game. Scoring 3 against them is an embarrassment. Our line is a disaster. A couple of drive killing penalties and as usual a couple of dropped passes. Really lousy offensive execution. We are going to get another quarterback killed.

Losing Deboer was huge. Offensive numbers haven't been great all year. Way more experienced offense as well this year. Went back from Deboer to Debored.

Ole missing is walking up and down the field at will. 0 pass rush. Recievers open all over. 300 yards of 0. Could easily have scored 28. Very fortunate so far.
Everyone gives up massive yards to Ole Miss. heck they put 40 on Bama. The offense is the massive problem.

We could run the ball on these guys but wont even try. Looks like we are trying to get in a track meet with them which is just incredibly stupid.

Speaking of incredibly stupid; why field a punt inside the 5 yard line; why take a knee on the blocked field goal at the end of the half.

Reactions: toastedbread
Speaking of incredibly stupid; why field a punt inside the 5 yard line; why take a knee on the blocked field goal at the end of the half.
I might be wrong but I didn’t think you could return a kick that was blocked forward, only backwards. The fair catch was totally moronic.

Losing Deboer was huge. Offensive numbers haven't been great all year. Way more experienced offense as well this year. Went back from Deboer to Debored.
Agree. Deboer was an elite coordinator. The execution in the passing game last year was off the charts. We rarely dropped balls, and we always seemed to hit open players in stride. This year, it's some of the same plays, but the execution is not there. We drop balls, we have trouble in pass pro, and the running game has regressed. I am afraid we are going to be stuck with a mediocre coordinator for the next couple years.

Ole Miss by the way gives us 540 yards a game. They are a bottom 10 in the nation defense and we have three points and 150 yards in the half.

Agree. Deboer was an elite coordinator. The execution in the passing game last year was off the charts. We rarely dropped balls, and we always seemed to hit open players in stride. This year, it's some of the same plays, but the execution is not there. We drop balls, we have trouble in pass pro, and the running game has regressed. I am afraid we are going to be stuck with a mediocre coordinator for the next couple years.

I haven't seen that WR screen at all really whoch Deboer used when the ground game wasn't there, which frankly was most of the time. Deboer adjusted on the fly. I don't see that with Sheridan at all. If run up the middle doesn't work and hasn't all year he continues to pound it on 3rd and short. I never get that.

I haven't seen that WR screen at all really whoch Deboer used when the ground game wasn't there, which frankly was most of the time. Deboer adjusted on the fly. I don't see that with Sheridan at all. If run up the middle doesn't work and hasn't all year he continues to pound it on 3rd and short. I never get that.
Deboer's two bread and butter plays were the wide receiver screen, and the tight end delay. He killed teams with those two plays. We hardly ever run them now. We just tried one and the receiver fell down. And then we dropped another pass. I don't remember our tight end dropping a ball all year last year. He seems to drop one a game this year.

Reactions: toastedbread
Please tell me again how the defense isn’t the problem. Ole Miss just f’n walked down the field.

The offense is the problem. I’ll say it 100 times. Ole Miss gives up like 40 a game. If we had a competent offense they probably have 1-2 less possessions in the game.

Totally unprepared and clueless on how to stop the hurry up. How do we play this way against a team missing 75% of their offense?

Totally unprepared and clueless on how to stop the hurry up. How do we play this way against a team missing 75% of their offense?
Because it’s the offensive line that keys the entire thing. Remember how “elite” our offensive line was during our hurry up era with Wilson? We just kept plugging in RB’s and dominating.

Please tell me again how the defense isn’t the problem. Ole Miss just f’n walked down the field.
The defense hasn't been the same for sure. Offense needed to possess the ball and keep the d from getting gassed.

The offense is the problem. I’ll say it 100 times. Ole Miss gives up like 40 a game. If we had a competent offense they probably have 1-2 less possessions in the game.
If you hold Ole Miss under 35 you should beat them. They are great offensively and terrible defensively. I think we'll hold them under 35. But we may not score ten the way things are going.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT