ADVERTISEMENT

Turns out Coach K isn't the only snake loose in Raleigh-Durham...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Ok, I don't actually hate Coach K (he does have RMK roots), but I was looking for a catchy title and no one knows who the NCST Coach is...

But imagine living in a suburban neighborhood in the Capital city of NC and discovering that one of your bonehead neighbors allowed their pet Cobra to escape...
Is keeping deadly snakes really a "Constitutionally-protected" right?

Not that I would live in NC anyway, although unbelievably enough I did spend part of one summer in NC selling (trying to sell?) Bibles door to door...

But I absolutely hate snakes. And as the folks from UNC that were part of the joint Police Services Studies in St Louis that we participated in the summer of my junior year always pointed out, NC led the US in snakebite fatalities... Even in the article that I linked one lady pointed out that they had copperheads, but knew what to expect...

My question would be, then WHY do you live there? Same question I'd pose to people in Australia if I see them swimming in a creek or traipsing merrily thru heavily wooded (gotta be) snake-infested areas...

Ok, I don't actually hate Coach K (he does have RMK roots), but I was looking for a catchy title and no one knows who the NCST Coach is...

But imagine living in a suburban neighborhood in the Capital city of NC and discovering that one of your bonehead neighbors allowed their pet Cobra to escape...

Not that I would live in NC anyway, although unbelievably enough I did spend part of one summer in NC selling (trying to sell?) Bibles door to door...

But I absolutely hate snakes. And as the folks from UNC that were part of the joint Police Services Studies in St Louis that we participated in the summer of my junior year always pointed out, NC led the US in snakebite fatalities... Even in the article that I linked one lady pointed out that they had copperheads, but knew what to expect...

My question would be, then WHY do you live there? Same question I'd pose to people in Australia if I see them swimming in a creek or traipsing merrily thru heavily wooded (gotta be) snake-infested areas...
Just maybe some don't live in fear.

I think it's still true that way more people are killed by cows than by snakes, spiders, and sharks combined.

Fear the cow...

but it's the hippo that is evil.

Reactions: TomEric4756
9z7uKYG.jpg

Reactions: 76-1

morons thinking dangerous things won't escape is a big problem these days.

nothing more dangerous than unbelievably stupid people.

Reactions: 76-1 and cosmickid
You must suck at sales. That should be a slam dunk.
Well, I'm not religious and we were in a semi cult sort of situation. Then there was the aspect where you had to collect $70 or $80 for a book that would then be delivered 3 mos or so down the road.

Also, I was in Greensboro which is a heavy college town, and would frequently knock on doors of students who would invite me in to get high. We are talking 1974, when it was all UNC and NCST and Duke fans were non-existant...

Well, I'm not religious and we were in a semi cult sort of situation. Then there was the aspect where you had to collect $70 or $80 for a book that would then be delivered 3 mos or so down the road.

Also, I was in Greensboro which is a heavy college town, and would frequently knock on doors of students who would invite me in to get high. We are talking 1974, when it was all UNC and NCST and Duke fans were non-existant...
So this is a tik tok video of the kid who keeps dangerous snakes and let one escape in Raleigh last week. This kid lives in his parent's house. Would you want this little punk playing with deadly snakes in his freaking driveway in your neighborhood?

So this is a tik tok video of the kid who keeps dangerous snakes and let one escape in Raleigh last week. This kid lives in his parent's house. Would you want this little punk playing with deadly snakes in his freaking driveway in your neighborhood?
Trying to decide if I'd rather have him playing with guns.

Just watching that video makes me break out into sweats. I also absolutely hate snakes. Kind of shocking, in that I never really thought you and I would have one thing in common. :oops:

Reactions: cosmickid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT